Bregir

MOC: WWII fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all

This is a creation from many years back that survived through the times. It was modelled freely after a WWII fighter, although I am not sure it shows which one. The colours are a bit off, but I think they work reasonably well.

Comments welcome :)

The plane alone:

img_1503.jpg

Getting ready for take off:

img_1504.jpg

Bregir out

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice! It looks like a P51 Mustang. I'm not sure what the piece is called, it's a 1x4 piece with rounded...exhausts on the end set at an angle. Used a lot as engine exhausts, most recently on the Dino set 5888 Ocean Interceptor, behind the propellors on the wings. Back to your plane, throw some of those on the nose area, and there you go. A little added detail.

The shape is good enough. Maybe some tiles on the wings will make this aircraft more realistic. And the inner space in the cabine need some detales.

There is some superficial resemblance to a P-51, but it reminds me far more of an aerobatics aircraft than of any particular WW-II fighter.

I'd also suggest replacing the dual wheels on the undercarriage with single ones. I can't think of any single-seat WW-II fighter that had dual wheels on each bogie.

Cheers,

Ralph

First of all, thanks for your replies :)

This aircraft's main function was to swooshable :P It was made for play - so it is a little basic in terms of detailing. Secondly, I am sadly away from my LEGO this time - I only had a short visit to the sacred halls last week and thought I would take some pics to share.

Point being - sadly I can't make any immediate improvements, but I that doesn't mean I am not listening ;)

I like the idea of detailing the engine more, and the plane in general, including the cockpit. Tiles on the wings may give a good visual effect, but I fear it would also make the wings look too heavy and thick.

About the wheels... Well, that is more a question of availability than choice - I definitely see your point!

To be honest, I seem to remember I was trying to base it on a ME109(From my mental), which is probably only visible in the crude lines. Of course, a ME109 wouldn't really have the sloping part behind the cockpit...

No matter - I am happy you like it and that you have some good ideas. It is one of my favourite childhood builds :)

It has been in a lot of succesful dogfights... ;)

Bregir

Edited by Bregir