Oky

Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch

Alright, here's my entry for this great community build, the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch!

6891482324_cdaa6a46db_z.jpg

Today is the big game between Gryffindor and Slytherin! As you approach the stadium, the thundering cheers of the school's students and staff can be heard.

p1120363.jpg

p1120356.jpg

As you get closer, you can see several festive flags decorating the front of the stadium.

p1120389.jpg

Before the start of the game, the two teams enter the pitch and the captains of the teams shake hands.

p1120373.jpg

Next, Madam Hooch gives the team some directions, telling them that she wants a "good, clean game."

p1120365.jpg

Then the balls are released, and the game begins!

6891525266_94ee78f163_z.jpg

Alicia Spinnet has the Quaffle and is being tackled by two Slytherin chasers!

6891482366_599e22dcdc_z.jpg

But Fred & George got her back as they shoot a bludger toward her attackers!

p1120384.jpg

Meanwhile, one of the Slytherin beaters hits a bludger Angelina Johnson's way. Watch out!

p1120379.jpg

Oliver Wood vigilantly guards the goal posts.

p1120385.jpg

Meanwhile, Katie Bell flies high to gain a good vantage point.

p1120399.jpg

"JORDAN!"

6891482404_5f2c783352_z.jpg

Harry Potter catches the Snitch! Gryffindor wins! (What a big surprise. :tongue: )

6891482382_575d2a8f5b_z.jpg

From the stands, Harry's friends cheer for him, while Prof. Snape and Mr. Malfoy watch in distaste.

p1120394.jpg

Who is that handsome devil sitting in the Hufflepoff stands? :grin:

p1120388.jpg

Now, let's meet the teams. Here is the victorious Gryffindor team! From left to right: Fred & George Weasley, Harry Potter, Oliver Wood, Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and Angelina Johnson.

6891482336_e669c2c2ae_z.jpg

And here's Marcus Flint, Draco Malfoy, and the rest of the all-male Slytherin team.

6891482346_758a8e470d_z.jpg

All pics can be found in this brickshelf folder. Comments and criticism welcome. :classic:

The snot walls are pretty neat. Leaving the studs showing makes it look rougher like there could be padding there, too.

You have any plans for an announcer booth?

Wow. This is really great! I love the towers! I'm sure it's going to be quite impressive when finished.

I don't know if there's a way to put the goals a bit higher... They look small...

Edited by operrier

That is awesome, Oky!

You should be proud of yourself for that.

I have no criticism, just a question. Are you going to do a box stand for the teachers and visitors?

Outstanding work, Oky! :classic:

Simply splendid! Seriously, one of the best entries. Well, it seem s that you can make a great MOC no matter what theme you take. :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Totally AWESOME 'Oky', my son who is a HP fan would approve it for sure ! :grin:

Brick On while casting spells 'Oky' ! :wink:

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like it, even though it's only half done. :laugh:

The snot walls are pretty neat. Leaving the studs showing makes it look rougher like there could be padding there, too.

You have any plans for an announcer booth?

Thanks. The SNOT technique was the only way of getting the checker pattern and the curvature to look right. I started out building it studs up, but it just didn't work for me. I probably would tile it if I had enough tiles to get a smooth cloth look, but I guess it works this way too.

And yes, of course I am planning a commentator booth, along with a scoreboard and Quidditch Cup! What would Quidditch be without Lee Jordan and McGonagall! :grin:

I don't know if there's a way to put the goals a bit higher... They look small...

You're right. I'll see if I have any more Technic axles in gray...

I have no criticism, just a question. Are you going to do a box stand for the teachers and visitors?

That's the black and white tower on the center line, right? Yes, I'll probably have one, but since the towers are too small for anyone to sit in them, the teachers and visitors will be sitting in the tribunes between the towers. I wish I had enough bricks to make a full scale Quidditch pitch with towers that actually seat minifigs, but oh well.

Great job! I'm glad you kept with it since this is the (almost) outcome. I can't wait to see the second half added. One of the top builds in the CB! Well done.

Thanks!

Each tower is made of 160 pieces. :classic:

A great start Oky! I know this isn't how I imagined the pitch when I read the books, I've only seen the movies where they don't play, but I'll take your word that these are movie accurate. Can't wait to see it finished!

First post updated with lots of new pics of the final version! :sweet: