Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

MOC: Cecilie Cottontail's wooden red house

builders_guild.gif

I have been working on this house on an off since around Christmas (I've been rather busy lately, so it has taken some time to complete). It actually started as a concept idea I had almost a year ago, when I was pondering what I should do with all those red slopes I had. And now it has turned in to a house for my Fabusigfig, Cecilie Cottontail, and her husband Ace Leo :sweet:.

6992492541_ae5f872db0_z.jpg

6992492653_8eb2e67103_z.jpg

6846365188_778662d124_z.jpg

6992493817_60fbe0b81f_z.jpg

6846366474_d56427e112_z.jpg

There's a few more pics for your pleasure over at flickr.

Footnote: this was actually a real pain to photograph because of the mix of red, green and white :wacko:.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It actually started as a concept idea I had almost a year ago, when I was pondering what I should do with all those red slopes I had. And now it has turned in to a house for my Fabusigfig, Cecilie Cottontail, and her husband Ace Leo :sweet:.

The slopes work really well as walls at a 45 degree angle and you made clever use of the skylights as regular windows too. It's a shame the wall technique takes up so much interior space though. On the inside the slanted table looks really good and you managed to build a better fridge than the one in the Fire Brigade modular. I see Ace likes to play tie up games in bed. Am I supposed to comment on the size of his hose as well? :look:

Hello!

What a brilliant wall technique! :sweet: That looks very authentic! It's also interesting that you can actually divide the Fabuland roof slopes to only use the roof top. The water jet is another eye catcher. :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

Fantastic creation! I love the water stream and the kitchen and bathroom details.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone :sweet:

The slopes work really well as walls at a 45 degree angle and you made clever use of the skylights as regular windows too. It's a shame the wall technique takes up so much interior space though. On the inside the slanted table looks really good and you managed to build a better fridge than the one in the Fire Brigade modular. I see Ace likes to play tie up games in bed. Am I supposed to comment on the size of his hose as well? :look:

Yeah, the walls take up quite a lot of space, but I did manage to cram a lot of interior in there nevertheless :wink:. And about the size of his hose, that's your dirty mind, not mine :look:

What a brilliant wall technique! :sweet: That looks very authentic! It's also interesting that you can actually divide the Fabuland roof slopes to only use the roof top. The water jet is another eye catcher. :classic:

I didn't know they could be divided either, until I saw Hinckley had done it in on of his Fabuland houses. It's not easy to attach them that way though, as the connection points aren't really made for anything but the roof supports, but I was able to make it somewhat sturdy :tongue:. Wouldn't try to abuse it too much though, and it's already probably a bit smashed up since I had to put it in a box and pack it away while I move to my new house :cry_sad:

Excellent work. :thumbup:

The siding and hose water are great! Inside I like all the small details (pie!).

I love putting in little details :grin:

Fantastic creation! I love the water stream and the kitchen and bathroom details.

I pondered for a long time if I should include a bathroom or not. I started with just a sink, but I was able to squeeze a full bathroom in there and even a wall to separate it from the bathroom :sweet:

Wow! This is an amazing house! Love all the details, especially your furniture and bath. Way to go!

It is very lovely to see a Fabulastic creation from you. Lots of fine details! I noticed you even bought your dualistic golden katanas over to your Fabuland sigfig. :laugh:

A very cute house! All the little details packed into the small space. The hose is very eye catching. The shape of the table works so well in that space and I like the plant on the window sill.

I'm glad you're all liking my wall technique :sweet:

It is very lovely to see a Fabulastic creation from you. Lots of fine details! I noticed you even bought your dualistic golden katanas over to your Fabuland sigfig. :laugh:

I never go anywhere without a pair of golden katanas :laugh:

A very cute house! All the little details packed into the small space. The hose is very eye catching. The shape of the table works so well in that space and I like the plant on the window sill.

Thanks :sweet:. I was trying to go for a table that would look big but still fit in a small space.

Very nice, i love the water spout.

Your pictures are gorgeous and I love me some Fabuland.

Very nice.

Very nice, i love the water spout.

Your pictures are gorgeous and I love me some Fabuland.

Very nice.

Thanks :sweet:. I have more Fabuland on the planning board too, stay tuned for the next installment :grin:

This is really fantastic, Cecilie! Like everyone else, I love the wall technique. I appreciate how much you were able to fit in the interior, considering how much room that technique takes up. The interior is really cool. I love all of the little details, especially the Jiffy Pop on the stove and the handcuffs on the bed. Looks like the setting for a good Fabuland horror movie. The roof gets a little fragile that way, doesn't it?

Here's one way I attached the roof. (with a similarly kinky couple, by the way :snicker: ):

2502487846_31ef9fd0a5_o.jpg

The connection is stronger but the roof pieces are kept together, which takes up more room.

This technique connects the disconnected roof piece with technic liftarms:

3289335193_04696be3da_o.jpg

The rest of that technique is just gravity. Pretty flimsy, but works fine unless you're throwing it around.

And then this technique is all gravity, but leaves the most room for building underneath it:

2774028502_e05f636ede_o.jpg

I think the outline of the house being completely white and photographed against white makes it hard to see the true definition of the shape you've created. Maybe you can get some nice trees around the house to give us a good indication of how the techniques work altogether. This is such an awesome addition to the Fabuland Builders Guild, though. I can't wait to see some more of your ideas come to fruition. Thanks for sharing!

This is really fantastic, Cecilie! Like everyone else, I love the wall technique. I appreciate how much you were able to fit in the interior, considering how much room that technique takes up. The interior is really cool. I love all of the little details, especially the Jiffy Pop on the stove and the handcuffs on the bed. Looks like the setting for a good Fabuland horror movie. The roof gets a little fragile that way, doesn't it?

Thanks Hinck :sweet:. It's not the sturdiest, no. But it's actually not all that bad. The roof pieces stick pretty well to the underside of a plate like that, but of course, it can't take much abuse at all... The least sturdy part of the roof though are the white parts on the side, they are attached so badly they fall off when I look at them :laugh:

Here's one way I attached the roof. (with a similarly kinky couple, by the way :snicker: ):

They are quite kinky in Fabuland it seems :look:

The connection is stronger but the roof pieces are kept together, which takes up more room.

Yeah, that wouldn't have left me any room for interior upstairs, which is why I looked for alternatives :wink:

This technique connects the disconnected roof piece with technic liftarms:

The rest of that technique is just gravity. Pretty flimsy, but works fine unless you're throwing it around.

I try not to throw my MOCs around :innocent:. It can't be helped that they get thrown around a bit in their boxes during transport though :cry_sad:.

And then this technique is all gravity, but leaves the most room for building underneath it:

Thanks for sharing your roof techniques :sweet:

I think the outline of the house being completely white and photographed against white makes it hard to see the true definition of the shape you've created. Maybe you can get some nice trees around the house to give us a good indication of how the techniques work altogether. This is such an awesome addition to the Fabuland Builders Guild, though. I can't wait to see some more of your ideas come to fruition. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, I know, white against white is awful. I really need to get better at photographing and photoshopping backgrounds... I feel like I'm not able to present my MOCs in the best way because of my lack of skill in that department :cry_sad:. I do have a red, blue and black backdrop, but I haven't been able to get any good results when using them. But yeah, trees is a good idea, I actually had planned to make some trees for it, but somehow, I ended up not, don't remember why :wacko:. I'll be showing it off at a few upcoming events though, I'll try to get someone more skilled with a camera to get some better shots then :wink:.