-GZ-

MOC: Modular Baroque building

indexed.gif B-OM-14C

This was my main LEGO work for nearly 8 months!

The first idea was to create a modular using the techniques of my Palace MOC (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55755&view=findpost&p=994092). There weren't any real inspiration building at first, but then I created another, totally different project inspired by Palais Daun Kinsky ... There are results.

b61919a921fe.jpg

4ac38bc8d373.jpg

d95686a28105.jpg

With my 10211:

dff9e7f91d19.jpg

Close-up views:

ad23772d64ea.jpg

3105b855e427.jpg

b8ff9ac65386.jpg

9429f54daee4.jpg

c32de1b40e8f.jpg

Back (old building, modern owners?)

645f3dc85841.jpg

d21533093775.jpg

The interiour... I think that there is enought interiour on the ground floor, but about the first and the second ones... The restoration is in progress. I couldn't find enough parts for it. The building was made without virlual project - the facade cannot be made with LDD, and I cannot use LDRAW) There were more than 3 large bricklink orders hovewer.

f2c1a4eb0c30.jpg

ee087eae1ff8.jpg

81b31c27afba.jpg

6fcd38ceb1b9.jpg

e5620941ecad.jpg

About the 1st and the 2nd floors, there are no interiour. I've placed some minifigs here. On www.doublebrick.ru, we have Lego Mafia games just like you have here on Eurobricks. This building was used as decorations for my latest Mafia Game (since I'm the most popular game host there), and most figs are the characters from the game. :sweet:

2dd5948c1736.jpg

8a82051cb595.jpg

e4973c7953e6.jpg

fc1acce769d5.jpg

ef1ffe0169c5.jpg

0f602caa80c6.jpg

4658a934ba69.jpg

60bd535c1b08.jpg

5d1c203867a7.jpg

3affba44df3a.jpg

d456a4d32cc0.jpg

The roof is very heavy because there is a brick pyramide inside it to hold the roof tiles made of 300+ 1x2 slopes.

The building process: started with another project in August, ended in February.

ae56aa63a5dd.jpg

16a430ec2194.jpg

I'm wauting for you comments! Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Phred

Great baroque building!

The fact that you put some bricks upside down in the font add some nice details and an unusual way of seeing those bricks. Very ingenious!

The colours work well together. And a dark tan roof is not that common too, but it's nice!

Maybe just one crossbow in the triangle section is a little too light in term of details, compared to the rest of the building. But it works neveretheless.

Thanks!

Now I think that it would have been better if I had built 3 different Baroque fasade walls without other walls or modularity)) :grin:

About the roof, I don't like the black one on it. According to Palais Kinsky, it would be better with sand red slopes:

10008-1.gif

But corner ones in sand red don't exist) And sand red slopes are very expensive since they're very rare.

Edited by -GZ-

AWESOME modular structure with great exterior detailing (that's a lot of 1x2 tile with stud's there :wink: ). :thumbup:

Great party on the inside, hopefully not too wild.....you would have to rebuild it ! :wink:

Brick On '-GZ-' ! :classic:

This is a wonderfully detailed exterior! I am amazed by the use of some bricks in SNOT style.

I just have to agree with the others - that's a spectacular facade. You've created an extraordinary look by using unorthodox methods - the undersides of the bricks and plates help making the surfaces different. The facade on the ground floor is particularly well done, with the 1x2 jumper plates. Apart from that, the detailing's excellent, too. I'm just wondering why somebody would put a speeding ticket on their wall?

Edited by L@go

I haven't much to say that hasn't been said already - but this is too wonderful not to chime in! I especially love the lintels of 'studs-in' bricks! It's sucha beautiful texture and it doesn't often get used.

I can just agree with everyone else. The facade is fantastic, and gives of the impression of an old, but restored and perhaps repurposed, building. Great work!:thumbup:

Fantastique facade!

First time I have seen the use of bricks with the "wrong" side out :)

But it actually works very well!

Many thanks to everybody for the comments!

The speeding ticket works like price-list\information list or something like that!

I must agree with L@go. While it is a very impressive build, what really makes it stand out for me is the use of jumper plates for the first floor facade. A very ingenious solution; it gives the exterior a very interesting look, without it being too cluttered.

Real awesome detailing on the facade of this building, you've achieved a really old look, very nice :sweet: