Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Farewell

Well it's going well.

Official start is Monday :wub:

Good to hear. :classic: What job did you get at TLG?

Good luck.

Why are you not using your old account?

To make it simple and visually easy to see that I am no longer staff.

I thought that was obvious?

Well it's going well.

Official start is Monday :wub:

Hi Kim, good to see that you'll still be around on EB. It's all been a bit quiet without you & fallenangel :cry_sad:

I hope that it all goes well for you at Lego, they must be an amazing company to work for (they have the best Customer Services of any company that I've ever dealt with and the staff always sound so happy!).

Finally met KimT in person at BrickFair Va this past weekend and the rest of TLG team.

AC

28795438511_7cd6c8f74d_c.jpg

28198082723_8d2561d3fd_c.jpg

Cool! I met you at BrickFair, too, AC. Great event -- lots of cool stuff and people there.

I kind of snuck in at the last second on Friday and barely had enough time to set up. So I didn't get a chance to meet too many people and really appreciate you introducing yourself. Next time, I hope I'll be able to take more time off work so I can arrive a little earlier.

Cool! I met you at BrickFair, too, AC. Great event -- lots of cool stuff and people there.

I kind of snuck in at the last second on Friday and barely had enough time to set up. So I didn't get a chance to meet too many people and really appreciate you introducing yourself. Next time, I hope I'll be able to take more time off work so I can arrive a little earlier.

It's actually my first BrickFair Va though I've tried for the past four years but couldn't get off work. Tried to get to meet in person all the AFOLs I've known through the years and most of them came to my display area. Where do you come from as BrickFair NJ is coming up next in October and I'll be there.

AC

It's actually my first BrickFair Va though I've tried for the past four years but couldn't get off work. Tried to get to meet in person all the AFOLs I've known through the years and most of them came to my display area. Where do you come from as BrickFair NJ is coming up next in October and I'll be there.

My first BrickFair VA as well (my first any kind of LEGO convention or meet-up, actually). I'm located in Buffalo, so pretty much every convention seems to be about equally far away. I chose VA because I had some friends in the area and wanted to meet up with them for dinner. I'd like to hit some more conventions, but anything in October is probably off the table for now.

I also really need to simplify the process of transporting and setting up the star destroyer. That was the first time it was out of my apartment, and it turns out that my car is way too small and the ship is really heavy. 6-7+ hours of driving, plus hours of setting up, repairing, and packing the ship makes for a very hectic weekend. I have a couple changes to the ship in mind, so maybe the "Tyrant II" will be more transportable and easier to assemble.

5 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

It'd be interesting if @KimT decided to come back to the AFOLside of LSW fandom.

Yep, he's back in action here at Eurobricks! :grin:
(Following the link
in you post would have told you so. :tongue: )

44 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Yep, he's back in action here at Eurobricks! :grin:
(Following the link
in you post would have told you so. :tongue: )

What I meant, but didn't really explain, was if the LEGO Star Wars Blog would be rekindled. The broken link has been on the front page longer than the blog was active for! I'd love to see it up and running again. (Maybe Kim could be the LAN ambassador?!) 

FWIW I did check his profile first but couldn't see much in the way of posting activity to suggest Kim was back.