Sign in to follow this  
KimT

Farewell

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

It's been a long time since I joined EB back in 2004 as member number 101.

And now it's time for me to resign and hand over the torch.

I'll always think of my time as Star Wars Forum Moderator as some of the best internet time, I've ever had.

I am not leaving because of disagreements or me being pissed about something.

I leave because it's time for me to move on.

Some time ago I decided that if given the chance to work for TLG, then I'd go for it.

I went and got the job, knowing that it meant the end for me as a "regular AFOL".

Thanks to the staffers for letting me work with them and learn from them :wub:

And thanks to all of you for making the Star Wars Forum a really warm and great place to share our mutual hobby :thumbup:

To Kiel and Stash: Goodbye and take care of my eternal love.

To the Rebel Bloggers - kick megablocks - the blog is now yours to share with Kiel.

"Goodbye And Thanks For All The Fish!" :grin:

Good-bye, KimT! In the short time (compared to you) that I've been here, I've been glad to see your opinion and read you Rebel blog. Good luck on you path from here on out!

Sad for the website but glad you going onto bigger things Kim - all the best! Hope you can pass on real AFOLs views to Lego and get them to keep producing excellent sets!

Farewell, KimT! I hope you make an outstanding TLG worker, which you will. :classic:

:vader: Noooooooooo!

Congratulations on the job though :thumbup:. What is it?

And will you visit here again, however infrequently?

I usualy just 'lurk' around here, these days, but after reading this, I feel I must reply.

When I first joined this forum, I wasn't 100% mature enough, and I had my first experience with KimT already :tongue:

Now though, I really enjoy this forum, and I'd like to thank the moderators, especialy KimT, for that!

You've done a great job :thumbup:

Wow, A huge goodbye and good luck are in order! I am obliged to thank you for doing one of those 'mostly behind the scenes' jobs for this forum that has helped me be able to explore SW Lego with like minded people.

All the best!

ps... Whats the new job doing at Lego? xD

KimT, you have been a great influence in Eurobricks. It really saddens me to see you leave but I completely understand the reason behind it and I completely supports your decision. No matter what, you still have friends like us from all over the world. Never forget us and do drop by to visit EB. You are always welcomed here and you are always a part of our family. I will miss you deeply and I do miss your sith presence that roam around Eurobricks Star Wars universe to clamp those annoying kiddish behaviour. Most importantly, Eurobricks had lost an excellent staffer. :cry_sad:

Still, you are always and will always be welcome to visit us anytime! All the best to your future endeavours. :thumbup:

Some time ago I decided that if given the chance to work for TLG, then I'd go for it.

I went and got the job, knowing that it meant the end for me as a "regular AFOL".

Make the best of this opportunity, and don't settle for less :classic:

vader.jpg

This was quite unexpected, but I guess I can understand if you want to keep your job and hobby separate. It was great having you as our bombad moderator and fearless rebel (blogger) leader! You have certainly brought this forum to a great condition, and we shall try to keep it that way (and perhaps even improve it) in your absence.

I hope you have a lot of fun (and a big paycheck) at your new job, and may the force be with you, always. :yoda:

Congratulations on the job KimT - You will be missed on these pages, but your influence has been great. All the best for the future.

Sorry to hear that, that's two important members in a matter of weeks.

I'm surprised you have a choice in the matter, I always though working at TLG and posting about Lego on a forum would be a conflict of interest. I know of no TLG employees being members of forums that mainly discuss the next product lineup and rumors of future lineups. If it wasn't at least heavily suggested by TLG rules that you not talk about Lego, then that would be very interesting.

sorry hear that, but good luck with your life! and may the force be with you...always!

I'm surprised you have a choice in the matter, I always though working at TLG and posting about Lego on a forum would be a conflict of interest. I know of no TLG employees being members of forums that mainly discuss the next product lineup and rumors of future lineups. If it wasn't at least heavily suggested by TLG rules that you not talk about Lego, then that would be very interesting.

I think Hinckley works for Lego, although I don't think that he discusses future sets.

The first rule of The Lego Group is you don't talk about Lego. :laugh:

Congratulations on your new job, and for manning the forum for as many years as you have done, KimT!

Best of luck to you!

Farewell, KimT. I've seen you being active on Eurobricks for as long as I can remember. Even on the occasional times I went on the Star Wars section, you always seemed to be posting or moderating on it. I wish you the best of luck. :classic:

Like everyone else, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re leaving us :cry_sad:

You’ve done a cracking job as a Moderator, even though it must have been very difficult at times. Best wishes for the future, I’m sure you’ll love working for TLG! :classic:

I'm sorry to hear that you must resign, however I congratulate you on your awesome new job at TLG.

I haven't been on EB for too long, but from what I've seen your work with the staff has been a wonderful contribution to the community.

I wish you the best of luck and happiness. :classic:

"And thus it ends."

I remember seeing your posts back when I was a lurker, it sad to see you go but I must admit a job at LEGO is a great opportunity. We'll miss you but I'm sure Kiel will be able to handle it in your absence.

As I've already said, your presence will be greatly missed, but just because your no longer staff doesn't mean you can't still drop by and hang out.

See you around. You've helped make this forum great.

To Kiel and Stash: Goodbye and take care of my eternal love.

Quick question, who is 'Stash'?