LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

In RotS they all have coloured armour. There's no reason they should look all-white ahead of time.

Basically, clones are equal, that's why they strive for individuality, which is represented by their armors.

The stormtroopers are not equal, but different. The identical uniforms have a different function here; different things (persons) are to be made the same.

In RotS they all have coloured armour. There's no reason they should look all-white ahead of time.

In ROTS we see only the 501st, 212th and The Coruscant Guard (oh and Bly's lot) in Legion colours, there's nothing to say that other clones weren't going all white already.

In CW there's plenty of all white clones. Oh Grees lot are in environmental cammo not legion colours so I didn't mention them.

Edited by Mr Man

Actually, I missed that:

"Star Wars Day also lead to a small update of the official Star Wars website with some new graphics. More specifically, the Celebration VI page now includes an image of Boba Fett in his classic green Mandalorian armor, drawn for the first time in the Clone Wars series animation style. This character model's inclusion is probably a sneaky hint that young Fett will first don his armor during Star Wars The Clone Wars: Season 5 and an official confirmation with the first footage will be shown at the Celebration VI event in August."

10669a.jpg

Source:

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Star-Wars-Day-Delivers-First-Clone-Season-5-Footage-and-Surprise/10669

"Star Wars Day also lead to a small update of the official Star Wars website with some new graphics. More specifically, the Celebration VI page now includes an image of Boba Fett in his classic green Mandalorian armor, drawn for the first time in the Clone Wars series animation style. This character model's inclusion is probably a sneaky hint that young Fett will first don his armor during Star Wars The Clone Wars: Season 5 and an official confirmation with the first footage will be shown at the Celebration VI event in August."

*Snip*

The problem with this is that Boba's armour is heavily customised compared with Jango's, I'll much rather see a green and brown re paint of Jango's armour, maybe with a EE-3 instead of the dual pistols. Like with Dengar's armour, they'll have over 20 years to get it to ESB appearance (ANH for Boba).

The season 5 trailer!

Was that a HMP in the trailer?

Thanks commanderneyo :thumbup:.

HMP?

Heavy Missile Platform, aka Droid Gunship (TLG made a set of it back in 2008). It's also present during the Battle of Kashyyk during ROTS.

The season 5 trailer!

Thanks for the link. I am very pleased with this trailer. This really looks like it's going to be an amazing season. I can't wait to see the official release of this trailer so I can hear it better.

Did anyone else notice that Bo-Katan's helmet design resembles a Cylon's?

It wouldn't be an accident, as Bo-Katan is voiced by Katee Sackhoff (who portrayed Kara "Starbuck" Thrace in Battlestar Galactica).

Bo-Katan:

Cylon:

Did anyone else notice that Bo-Katan's helmet design resembles a Cylon's?

It wouldn't be an accident, as Bo-Katan is voiced by Katee Sackhoff (who portrayed Kara "Starbuck" Thrace in Battlestar Galactica).

Bo-Katan:

Cylon:

Actually, apparently Filoni's wife just really likes owls. So, he designed Bo-Katan's helmet to resemble a barn owl's face.

Pretty interesting that she also played Starbuck. Neat.

Actually, apparently Filoni's wife just really likes owls. So, he designed Bo-Katan's helmet to resemble a barn owl's face.

:wacko: I see nothing owl-like about Bo-Katan's helmet design.

Where did you hear that?

Edit: Though that would explain why her squad is called the "Night Owls".

Edit 2: Perhaps a bit owl-like around the eyes, but the "cheeks" and "chin" of the helmet look Cylon.

Edited by LEGOman273

Thanks for the link. I am very pleased with this trailer. This really looks like it's going to be an amazing season. I can't wait to see the official release of this trailer so I can hear it better.

Thanks for the link.

I couldn't understand/recognize everything; I hope there'll be an official release soon. However, it seems to be that Maul will remain a bit longer than just one arc.

Edited by Brickadeer

The trailer looks promising. Lots of action, and Hondo is finally back. :thumbup: But this wouldn't be the first time a trailer was deceiving... We'll have to wait and see.

:wacko: I see nothing owl-like about Bo-Katan's helmet design. Where did you hear that?

StarWars.com. Skip to slide 5. I'm sure the resemblance to cylons is just coincidental, although still pretty neat.

The trailer looks promising. Lots of action, and Hondo is finally back. :thumbup: But this wouldn't be the first time a trailer was deceiving... We'll have to wait and see.

I agree. I wonder if we'll see a season with 22 episodes featuring one main story and several subsequent sub-stories.

The same trailer, although in a slightly better quality:

trailer

Season 5 details including the first seven episode titles.

http://beta.starwarsunderworld.com/2012/05/30/season-5-details-from-star-wars-insider/

These titles are:

Episode 1: A War on Two Fronts

Episode 2: Front Runners

Episode 3: The Soft War

Episode 4: Tipping Points

Episode 5: An Old Friend

Episode 6: The Rise of Clovis

Episode 7: Crisis at the Heart

EU planets and groups. :thumbup:

My guess for the death is Hondo (Filoni said that Dooku would try to take revenge on Hondo.) I doubt that it will be Rex or Ahsoka. Embo is unlikely, as he is a very popular character/a badass. Same with Cad Bane. It likely won't be Savagé, as his and Maul's story seems to be just getting off the ground. Ventress will likely continue to be developed, thus, will live. I don't think that it will be Lux, as his relationship with Ahsoka can be developed more. The fack that the Black Sun pirates will appear adds to the case that Hondo will die, as they could serve as a replacement for Hondo's gang.

EU planets and groups. :thumbup:

My guess for the death is Hondo (Filoni said that Dooku would try to take revenge on Hondo.) I doubt that it will be Rex or Ahsoka. Embo is unlikely, as he is a very popular character/a badass. Same with Cad Bane. It likely won't be Savagé, as his and Maul's story seems to be just getting off the ground. Ventress will likely continue to be developed, thus, will live. I don't think that it will be Lux, as his relationship with Ahsoka can be developed more. The fack that the Black Sun pirates will appear adds to the case that Hondo will die, as they could serve as a replacement for Hondo's gang.

I think it could be Embo. After all, we see Savage knock him to the ground at one point in the trailer. And it seems like all Hondo is getting is a cameo, but we'll see...

I think it could be Embo. After all, we see Savage knock him to the ground at one point in the trailer. And it seems like all Hondo is getting is a cameo, but we'll see...

And no one else has been knocked down? Filoni stated (and if I could find the link, I would provide it) that Dooku has not forgotten the threat he made to Hondo. Now that I think about it, it may be Savagé. Ventress took the bounty on him in "Brothers", and his death would give Maul someone else to want to take revenge on (Kenobi - for de-legging/almost killing him, Sidious - for deserting him).

The "format" of that trailer seemed very much like the Episode III trailer to me. I'm kinda glad this season will take a darker turn. I kinda hope its one of the "good guys" to get killed off though *cough* Ahsoka *cough*

The "format" of that trailer seemed very much like the Episode III trailer to me.

I, also, thought this. Especially in the scene when Obi-Wan and the Clones were running through a hangar, and Grievous was slashing around.

Confirmed through Insider that Padme Amidala will have a huge story-arc next season. If my hunch is correct, that arc will probably have something to do with the return of Clovis.

Confirmed through Insider that Padme Amidala will have a huge story-arc next season. If my hunch is correct, that arc will probably have something to do with the return of Clovis.

As Clovis seemed rather obsessed with her, I would say that that is quite likely.