LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

I'm not going to respond to all of your points individually Oky, because for me it all boils down to one thing.

I understand what the episode was trying to do, and even why George wanted to do it. What I was saying in my previous post was what I thought they should have done, instead of trying to do this 'unique' 'something different' style episode. Just because they were (arguably) successful at making the sort of episode they set out to make does mean that I have to think it was a good decision to make that type of episode in the first place.

A main reason that I don't like their decision to make this episode is that it is too 'unique' in the face of the show at large. The Clone Wars, a kids' show that is supposed to show the clone wars, or at least important big things going on during that time period, is not the place to try out a weird experimental-ish type of things about droids in the desert. If Lucas was to make this episode and release it as a short film online, maybe it would be ok.

Just as straying away from the main focus of the show to dwell on magical force crap in the Mortis arc was absolutely dreadful, so too I find this brief diversion into however you want to describe this episode quite out of place.

Uhm, spoilers? Also, where did you get that description? I guess it makes sense, but it would have made more sense if the republic sent him. And couldn't he be a commando commander?

How is anything in my post a spoiler? If I was giving spoilers I would've spoiler-tagged it, but I wasn't so I miss your point.

Here's where the description is from. Just translate it and you'll get pretty much what I got:

http://www.starwars-union.de/serien/1/The_Clone_Wars/ind/174/Missing_in_Action/

I have only watched the first two episodes of season 5 yet.

They were watchable, but the whole Darth Maul alive thing sucks very very much in my opinion.

And also, is the second episode supposed to be happening before the first episode?

Because I noticed Adi Gallia is alive again. Or did they fail brutally while making this season?

I'm not going to respond to all of your points individually Oky, because for me it all boils down to one thing. [...] I find this brief diversion into however you want to describe this episode quite out of place.

Fair enough. I guess it's debatable whether it fits into the show or not. While I kinda agree with you that it doesn't, I think it's okay to do one out-of-place episode, unlike doing a whole arc that's out of place like Mortis, plus I'm not sure where else they could have done an episode like this. Oh well, let's see how the rest of this arc turns out.

How is anything in my post a spoiler? If I was giving spoilers I would've spoiler-tagged it, but I wasn't so I miss your point.

Here's where the description is from. Just translate it and you'll get pretty much what I got:

http://www.starwars-...sing_in_Action/

No need, I am fluent in German. :grin: It may not be a huge spoiler, but it does reveal several things from the next episode, so I'd still consider it a spoiler.

And also, is the second episode supposed to be happening before the first episode?

Yes. I think the chronology of this season goes like this:

1. Younglings arc

3. Rebels arc

2. Revival

The rebels arc must be between the others because Adi Galia is still alive, but Hondo is already using his personal yacht instead of the flying saucers. So basically they were going backwards in the timeline, which is very annoying. :hmpf_bad:

Yes. I think the chronology of this season goes like this:

1. Younglings arc

3. Rebels arc

2. Revival

The rebels arc must be between the others because Adi Galia is still alive, but Hondo is already using his personal yacht instead of the flying saucers. So basically they were going backwards in the timeline, which is very annoying. :hmpf_bad:

Nope, the Rebels arc is before the other two arcs. Two main reasons for this are 1. It was produced during S4, but because of CN's limit of 22 episodes per season it was pushed into S5, & 2. In "A Test of Strength", Ahsoka mentions how "Hondo doesn't seem as hospitable since their last encounter", obviously referring to their meeting on Onderon.

Just because it was produced during S4 does not mean that the Younglings arc can't before it.

Hondo's hideout looks completely trashed when we see it in the Rebels arc. Why would it look like that, if not for Grevious trashing it in the Younglings arc?

The Maul episode should come after the others, though, as that's when it was going to be aired in Season 5. They decided to make it the premiere to get the season off to a lively start. That's my theory, anyway, because the Maul episode was probably the best and most lively so far this season.

Hondo's hideout looks completely trashed when we see it in the Rebels arc. Why would it look like that, if not for Grevious trashing it in the Younglings arc?

The Maul episode should come after the others, though, as that's when it was going to be aired in Season 5. They decided to make it the premiere to get the season off to a lively start. That's my theory, anyway, because the Maul episode was probably the best and most lively so far this season.

You might want to re-watch the final episode of the Rebels arc, because you're WRONG. Hondo's base/hideout looks exactly the way it used to be until the Separatists blew it up, as later mentioned by Hondo to Obi-Wan in "Revival". Thus, for the reason the base is actually still intact at the time of Onderon, and the Ahsoka line I mentioned earlier, it is obvious that Onderon comes before Young Jedi, and as you said Revival was originally meant to be later in the season, so both Onderon and then Young Jedi come before it in the timeline.

I'm pretty sure it fits like this:

The Gathering

A Test of Strength

Bound for Rescue

A Necessary Bond

Revival

A War on Two Fronts

Front Runners

The Soft War

Tipping Points

Secret Weapons

A Sunny Day in the Void

Missing in Action

Eminence

Shades of Reason

The Lawless

Now it's finished until the new year, I watched them all again (an aside, what a rubbish series 'cept Revival).

I can't honestly believe we're debating this. In what way does Onderon comes before Young Jedi? In the Onderon arc, Hondo's base is in perfect condition with no damage whatsoever, in the Young Jedi arc Grievous's tanks decimate it and knock it to the ground.

The simple fact is, had "Revival" not been put as the premiere and screw up the order of this season, the order would have been EXACTLY the order in which the events occurred, therefore if Onderon was the season premiere it would've been easier to tell.

The order would be:

A War on Two Fronts

Front Runners

The Soft War

Tipping Points

The Gathering

A Test of Strength

Bound for Rescue

A Necessary Bond

Secret Weapons

A Sunny Day in the Void

Missing in Action

Another Droid arc episode

Then probably Revival and the other Maul episodes.

I'm not interested in debating this any longer after this post. I've given evidence and proved that Onderon comes before Young Jedi, and I can't understand how any of you can believe Onderon comes after Young Jedi. I leave you with this. Just check the episode gallery images and the third trivia gallery image, Hondo's base is INTACT in the Onderon arc, but is destroyed later in the Young Jedi arc:

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep505/#!/media/slideshow

Preview clip for "Missing in Action":

Awesome, thanks! Doesn't this episode air this Saturday?

I think that clip's been out for a few months now. :wink:

Edited by DarthPotato

Hm, neat trailer, although not much new, just Ahsoka sneaking around somewhere.

I don't quite understand Yoda at the end. Bring back this - what?

This "lost child". I assume he means Ahsoka, but it could be out of context.

It's as some people suspected from the Celebration VI trailer. She's most likely either running away or leaving the Jedi Order. Whatever it is, Yoda is referring to bringing her back safe, whatever the reason that Ahsoka has to resort to avoiding Clones, Gunships and flying down the Underworld...

Hm, neat trailer, although not much new, just Ahsoka sneaking around somewhere.

This "lost child". I assume he means Ahsoka, but it could be out of context.

Thanks. I initially assumed he means Ventress, but considering that Filoni announced that this would be a "big season" for Ahsoka, it makes more sense that Yoda refers to her rather than to Ventress. Well then, I'll wait and watch :classic:

Didn't Lucas say that there were only going to be 100 episodes. What if this is the end of the series. I think they should make one more CW movie to tie it all up, just like how they started it with a movie.

Didn't Lucas say that there were only going to be 100 episodes. What if this is the end of the series. I think they should make one more CW movie to tie it all up, just like how they started it with a movie.

No, he said at least 100 episodes. The series is still far from over. Dave Filoni has repeatedly said they'll keep making new stories until Lucas tells him to stop, which still hasn't happened yet.

Yes, I'm sure they'll just stop the series in the middle of a story arc and cancel season 6 and the rest of this season just because Lucas once said there will be 100 episode. :sarcasm_smug: I mean, when is the last time Lucas ever held his word anyway?

I think whatever plans they might have had for a limited number of seasons have just been tossed out the window with the Disney acquisition.