LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

Here's a good article on the issue that I found. This has really influenced my opinion and helped me get over the shock of it being canceled.

Your link doesn't work, but I know the article anyway. It hasn't influenced my opinion. It was rather apologetic than analytic. Goldman himself corrected his view in a subsequent article, saying that his views were based on certain assumptions regarding - if I remember correctly - the quantity of the published material, and that these assumptions may not be met. Afaik, it's not even sure that the "bonus content" will be published at all.

Was re watching the whole series this weekend, and something hit me. Is Korki Obi Wan's son? It just dawned on me, the whole raised by his "aunt", seemingly most direct heir to the throne, and yet the only sibling to Satine's we ever hear of is Bo Katan, who seems too young to be Korki's mother. His apparent age seems to correspond to Obi Wan and Satine's relationship. Was heir some sort of hidden mirror to the Anakin / Padme relationship built into the story. One where his mentor took the other path? The stoic path of the Jedi?

Didn't Obi-Wan almost do that already in a canon publication, in one of the kids 'novels'? With Adi-Gallia's(?) padawan, I think.

Update: Oh, found it on Wookieepedia. And apparently the same series did something with Qui-Gon and some librarian Jedi that I'd never heard of. Evidently these forbidden relationships were a popular topic with these young reader novels. :look:

Damn, that animation looks amazing! Plus, this means that there will be at least two story arcs featuring Jedi and Clones. It's crazy that this show reached its peak level just before it went off the air, and then is continuing with top notch stuff that will most likely be better than the majority of the five aired seasons.

Damn, that animation looks amazing!

It's a 1000x's better than the film :wub:. The atmosphere in it is really good.

It's a 1000x's better than the film :wub:. The atmosphere in it is really good.

I was just thinking the same thing myself. The atmosphere was incredible. At first I thought it was a bit overdone, but then when you glimpse the Turbo Tank rolling right through the mist/storm... incredible.

Thanks for the clip. I really like it. In retrospective and compared to the original TCW film, the show made a huge improvement on all levels. I'm looking forward for future arcs of the show.

Hmmm? It looks like Lego isn't the only toy company that bases some toy designs on preliminary scripts and designs. I noticed a Hasbro "Plo Koon with Winter gear" action figure in Target the other day. Now it makes sense.

Edited by Faefrost

I don't have the impression that it's snow.

In the trailor? Look at the wheels of he Juggernaut. Also that is clone cold weather gear they look to be wearing. Finally look at the scenes of Plo Koon in the crashed shuttle. You can see the swirling snow in the foreground in front of him, kinda like a snow globe. Now it might not be true snow. It might be some exotic environment, but everything implies that it appears cold.

I don't want to spoil a thing, but the finale and the build-up to the end of season 5 just bugs me because of two words:canonicity gap. Not to mention the extreme differences from what loyal fans knew about EP II-III.

^ You'll have to be more specific than that. What 'canonicity gap' or 'extreme differences' are you referring to?

Also, the season's been done for a while now, so if people haven't seen it, their loss. Feel free to discuss openly.

Awesome find and thanks for sharing. Confirms what we all already knew, Season 6 had a ton of potential for figures and vehicles. Hopefully some of these vehicle and figures make it into LEGO sets. I know we won't get a full season but my son and I can dream.

For example : Yoda's JSF is a potential set for 2014 ..

Yoda's JSF was one of the cutest ships ever! It would make a great set!

The Clone Wars writer Matt Michnovetz (writer of the Citadel and Umbara arcs) said on Twitter at one point that he believes the Yoda and Plo Koon stories are in the same arc.