LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

I suppose Embo is marked for death, then.

Nice clip, though, looking forward to seeing the future Maul episodes.

Edited by General Magma

The episode was OK. I liked the droid more than I thought I would and it was nice to see Hondo act more like a pirate in this one.

Speaking of Grievous, I lol'd when that kid said he's going to kill Grievous. (He's probably going to beat him later tough :hmpf_bad: )

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. If a Gungan can beat him, I'm sure an egoistical youngling can do it too.

Just in case anyone is interested (Darth Maul on Nal Hutta, the video starts at ca. 0:22. Not sure if this is the "exclusive Darth Maul video"): SNIP

Yes, it is.

I suppose Embo is marked for death, then.

What makes you say that? Just because he's in an episode with Maul? Hondo survived an encounter with him just fine, so why not Embo?

The episode was OK. I liked the droid more than I thought I would and it was nice to see Hondo act more like a pirate in this one.

Well, when one of the kids said, "But it's a droid!" I immediately had to think of your initial comment about him :classic: Very Oky-ish, this youngling is.

Edited by Brickadeer

Now that's what I'm talking about! :sweet: Lots of clones, action, and Grievous killing people! Perhaps there's hope for this arc yet!

Now that's what I'm talking about! :sweet: Lots of clones, action, and Grievous killing people! Perhaps there's hope for this arc yet!

Seeing Grievous kill people is always nice, but I'd like to see him killing something else than clones and there are way to much Obi vs Grievous duels that I lost count.

EDIT : I'm surprised to see Grievous kill a clone like that in a episode ment to be for kids... Maybe there is still hope of him killing the kids.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I just finished watching episode 5 of this new season on-line......I couldn't believe CW would steal lines and similar characterised droids from BSG,,,,,,,,'By your command' spoken by the gunship......running out of ideas are they.......what's next stealing from Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers ? :laugh:

Though I have enjoyed the season so far.....but youtube really zaps my pre-pay broadband ! :blush:

EDIT : I'm surprised to see Grievous kill a clone like that in a episode ment to be for kids... Maybe there is still hope of him killing the kids.

Can't see why they would tone down the violence just because the story arc was aimed at younger children.

I mean, it's not like they're advertising "NEW CLONE WARS EPISODES ON CARTOON NETWORK AIMED AT YOUNGER KIDS" all around the planet,

it's on the same channel as all the other episodes after all, so most if not all kids watching this story arc will probably end up watching previous and next or have watched the previous episodes as well.

I don't understand why one good (looking) episode makes the whole arc seem good. Yes, that battle looks promising. There will still be parts with the kids that could be annoying, but maybe the episode will be good overall. Even if it is, that doesn't make the previous two better, or make the arc necessary in any way. If the arc was already bad, how does one good episode magically make the whole arc better?

I just finished watching episode 5 of this new season on-line......I couldn't believe CW would steal lines and similar characterised droids from BSG,,,,,,,,'By your command' spoken by the gunship......running out of ideas are they.......what's next stealing from Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers ? :laugh:

Though I have enjoyed the season so far.....but youtube really zaps my pre-pay broadband ! :blush:

You do realize they already used that line before, right? It was said by a Tactical Droid in the episode "Nightsisters", so it has nothing to do with them running out of ideas. It's just a nice nod to another well-respected series.

Just in time for the new episode, we rebel bloggers have posted our review for last week's episode. You can read it here.

I don't understand why one good (looking) episode makes the whole arc seem good. Yes, that battle looks promising. There will still be parts with the kids that could be annoying, but maybe the episode will be good overall. Even if it is, that doesn't make the previous two better, or make the arc necessary in any way. If the arc was already bad, how does one good episode magically make the whole arc better?

Because until we saw this preview, it seemed like this arc would be all about the younglings and pirates, with some possible Grievous vs. pirates action at the end. Seeing that we'll get some of the clone action we've been asking for for about a year in the next episode already makes the arc as a whole better than expected. Not good, but better.

I heard that Grievous' appearance in this episode was very short and that he'll have a larger role next week. So I'm not getting my hopes up for this battle to be that large (but it does look good for the short time it's going to be).

To me, it actually was the weakest episode in the arc so far, and the worst episode in season 5.

The younglings contacted Obi Wan and were told to wait for a rescue team. However, Kenobi's fleet was suddenly attacked by General Grievous and the team couldn't leave. On their own, the younglings landed on Florum. There, they ran into a circus that was on its way to Hondo's base, persuaded the owner of the circus to recruid them as "artists", stole Ahsoka's lightsabres from Hondo, freed Ahsoka, and escaped.

Usually, I'm looking at TCW very mildly. In this case, I don't. There are several issues that I find irritating, namely that Kenobi's fleet is attacked out of the sudden by Grievous; that Kenobi informs Grievous about the activation of the auto destruct mechanism of the cruiser; that the younglings ran into a circus that is on the way to Hondo's base; that it was pretty easy for the younglings to free Ahsoka; and that, for my taste, the artistic performace was way too "earthly". And there are more.

To me, there were too many random elements that were lovelessly stitched together. The story was much less coherent than in the two previous episodes. I didn't like it.

Edited by Brickadeer

This week's episode was meh, Revival is still the best of season 5. Also judging from the pics for the next episode it seems Grievous destroys the base by himself. Yay for more badassery

EDIT: Never mind!

Edited by TheRedGuy

Things about this week's episode:

Things I liked:

1. R2-D2 scene with one of the battle droids

2. The Pirates using a ship that looked like Boba Fett's Slave 1

3. General Grievous vs Ahsoka

This week's episode was rather good, but Grievous still moves weird as hell and he laughs at the end for no reason than presumably insanity.