LEGOman273

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 5 Discussion

'General Grievous will run and hide as he always does, he's a coward, not '

Sounds more like Borat. :laugh:

Anyways, while I would've liked to see Grievous being more powerful in the series,

I have to agree that the way he was in the old CW was a fair bit too much. However, Grievous should at least be shown killing

a Jedi Knight/Master, or perhaps a more important clone commander on-screen, without cheating and the likes. That way he could at least have done something...

But okay, his attitude as a coward in fights won't change and it shouldn't, it has to fit in with ROTS as it does now - but he should just at least get the honor of

killing some more important characters, aside from General Tarpals in S4 and the generic soldiers 'n all. He's still capable of holding himself against Jedi well enough, though.

~ General Magma

I'd like to see General Grievous kill/take out some more important characters such as a Jedi Knight/Master or a seasoned Clone Captain or Commander. How about General Grievous fighting in a battle and taking on a squad or two of clones. Kind of in the same manner as General Krell decimating a bunch of clones on Umbara.

Sounds more like Borat. :laugh:

Anyways, while I would've liked to see Grievous being more powerful in the series,

I have to agree that the way he was in the old CW was a fair bit too much. However, Grievous should at least be shown killing

a Jedi Knight/Master, or perhaps a more important clone commander on-screen, without cheating and the likes. That way he could at least have done something...

But okay, his attitude as a coward in fights won't change and it shouldn't, it has to fit in with ROTS as it does now - but he should just at least get the honor of

killing some more important characters, aside from General Tarpals in S4 and the generic soldiers 'n all. He's still capable of holding himself against Jedi well enough, though.

~ General Magma

GG kills Adi Gallia in the EU. Stass Ali needs to come in soon, as it is the end of 21 BBY. Eeth Koth may die, too.

Edited by LEGOman273

GG kills Adi Gallia in the EU. Stass Ali needs to come in soon, as it is the end of 21 BBY. Eeth Koth may die, too.

Well, I hope they'll cover that up soon too then.

Grievous attempted to capture both Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia in previous episodes, yet both managed to get away.

I wonder if this was done to build up towards some kind of rematch, where both could be killed at once or just separately... they're altering the EU anyways.

But hey, perhaps we'll see Boz Pity in the series, the planet where Adi Gallia originally dies.

~ General Magma

Well, I hope they'll cover that up soon too then.

Grievous attempted to capture both Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia in previous episodes, yet both managed to get away.

I wonder if this was done to build up towards some kind of rematch, where both could be killed at once or just separately... they're altering the EU anyways.

But hey, perhaps we'll see Boz Pity in the series, the planet where Adi Gallia originally dies.

~ General Magma

Gallia was killed because GG's extra arms took her by surprise:

When they fought in TCW, GG only used two arms.

Something that I've been wondering about:

In EP. III, Sidious says to Cody:

"The time has come. Execute Order: 66."

To which Cody replied:

"Yes, My Lord."

Captain Jag also said "My Lord" before he shot down Plo Koon.

"The time has come"? What did he mean? Were the Clones in on the plan all along?

Additionally: "My Lord?" The only ones to refer to him as "My Lord" were the Seperatists, thus making it more likely that the Clones knew about Sidious's plan.

"The time has come"? What did he mean? Were the Clones in on the plan all along?

Additionally: "My Lord?" The only ones to refer to him as "My Lord" were the Seperatists, thus making it more likely that the Clones knew about Sidious's plan.

I asked that myself. I explained it by the fact that Palpatine became the leader of the Galactic Empire before the execution of Order 66. But I agree that this is a week point, as well as the phrase you mentioned.

I believe that by 2005, Lucas had no clear concept of Order 66 and how it precisely relates to the clones. TCW, however, has made it nessecary to adress these issues: why did Cody execute Order 66? Was it a mistake that the tank didn't directly hit Obi Wan or was it an intended miss?

I believe that by 2005, Lucas had no clear concept of Order 66 and how it precisely relates to the clones. TCW, however, has made it nessecary to adress these issues: why did Cody execute Order 66? Was it a mistake that the tank didn't directly hit Obi Wan or was it an intended miss?

That would probably be due to nothing more than the Force. Cody seems more likely to follow orders than Rex, so he would not just disobey a direct order. the clones' "boss" is Palpatine, not the Jedi. He was the only clone on Utapau that knew about Order 66, so he could've just not done anything, if he wanted to. I think this has actually been discussed either here or on season 4 discussion

That would probably be due to nothing more than the Force. Cody seems more likely to follow orders than Rex, so he would not just disobey a direct order. the clones' "boss" is Palpatine, not the Jedi. He was the only clone on Utapau that knew about Order 66, so he could've just not done anything, if he wanted to. I think this has actually been discussed either here or on season 4 discussion

All Clones know Order: 66.

It's one of many orders that they learn in their training.

My Lord, must be the correct way to address the Chancellor or something.

My Lord, must be the correct way to address the Chancellor or something.

It's not. Anakin calls him "Your Excellency". I think that everyone else calls him "Sir" or "Chancellor".

The only ones to call him "My Lord" have been Seps.

"But My Lord, is that. . .legal?" -Nute Gunray, EP. I

http://starwars.com/news/clone_wars_guests_celebration_vi.html

Fans of the award-winning television series can look forward to amazing first looks at Season Five of the series, as well as in-depth panels from behind-the-scenes, and brand new Clone Wars programming and surprises for all ages and interests.

The Celebration is from August 23-26. So I guess we won't see a preview any time sooner or does it mean that he'll show more detailed footage during the Celebration?

The Celebration is from August 23-26. So I guess we won't see a preview any time sooner or does it mean that he'll show more detailed footage during the Celebration?

He stated first looks, so I guess we'll have to wait until August...

Which is pretty strange, since we got the first season 4 preview a few days after season 3's finale.

Perhaps we'll see a teaser/trailer soon, but more in-depth footage during Celebration VI..

~ General Magma

I remember reading somewhere that Lucas said that order 66 is just one of several orders programmed into the clones. The clones where built to protect the republic and it makes sense that this order would be known by all clones. I remember Lucas also said that there's no other reason that order 67 wasn't that the chancellor has betrayed the republic and should be destroyed. However I read this a couple of years ago in a magazine Mr Lucas's opinions about order 66 may have changed since them. Especially with the new darth plagious novel recently released. On a side note it would be interesting to see what happens to some of the clones after order 66. It would be awesome to see commander Wolffe beat the hell out of captain jag for shooting down Plo koon. I don't know why but I always imagined that order 66 didn't sit to well with Wolffe after Plo was shot down.

I remember reading somewhere that Lucas said that order 66 is just one of several orders programmed into the clones. The clones where built to protect the republic and it makes sense that this order would be known by all clones. I remember Lucas also said that there's no other reason that order 67 wasn't that the chancellor has betrayed the republic and should be destroyed. However I read this a couple of years ago in a magazine Mr Lucas's opinions about order 66 may have changed since them. Especially with the new darth plagious novel recently released. On a side note it would be interesting to see what happens to some of the clones after order 66. It would be awesome to see commander Wolffe beat the hell out of captain jag for shooting down Plo koon. I don't know why but I always imagined that order 66 didn't sit to well with Wolffe after Plo was shot down.

Exactly. I wonder where Wolffe was when Plo was on Cato Nemoidia.

'Programmed'? 'Built'? These are humans we're talking about, not droids. The words you're looking for are 'trained' and 'grown'.

...And yes, I realise I'm speaking largely as an avid fan of the Republic Commando series.

Exactly. I wonder where Wolffe was when Plo was on Cato Nemoidia.

Probably on a Venator Star Destroyer in space above Cato Nemoidia. Plo's JSF is a short range starfighter, and does not have a hyperdrive of its own so therefore it needs to return to restock on a capital ship. ARC-170s probably are more versatile though.

Probably on a Venator Star Destroyer in space above Cato Nemoidia. Plo's JSF is a short range starfighter, and does not have a hyperdrive of its own so therefore it needs to return to restock on a capital ship. ARC-170s probably are more versatile though.

He also could have been on the ground with his forces.

He also could have been on the ground with his forces.

That's also a possibility, but isn't Cato Nemoidia a very ground limited planet? I remember it has lots of mountains as their palaces are built hanging in the sky.

The current state is that no such genetic programmings exist.

Filoni talked about this issue in his latest interview, and it was mentioned in other interviews posted in either the Season 4- or the Star Wars thread.

edit:

With regards to Maul and revenge, I found a blog hinting to a quite interesting passage of an older (March 16) interview with Sam Witwer:

So you’re saying his arc isn’t going to be over after the season 4 finale?

There are major consequences for Darth Maul being reintroduced to the Star Wars galaxy. This guy doesn’t just show up, wave his lightsaber around, have a few mean lines here and there, then pass into obscurity. He makes a major splash in the Clone Wars, and it’s entirely consequential the things that he’s up to and tries to accomplish.

Okay, but you know what everyone wants to see is a rematch with Obi-Wan, right?

Everyone thinks they know what they want to see from Darth Maul. So first, we thwarted your expectations by making Maul this spider creature. We went in completely the opposite direction. But then in “Revenge” we give you what you think you wanted all along. From there, though, we go off in a direction that people would never have predicted.

Revenge doesn’t become as important?

That goal of revenge is not something that goes away, but what does change is how he’s going to go about it. And some of that involves Asajj Ventress. You’ve seen her become a bounty hunter. But Darth Maul would never become a bounty hunter. He’s way too ambitious for that. He was trained as a Sith Lord and that’s what he wants to be. Sure, Ventress was trained as a Sith but she really just wants validation. She wanted a mentor figure to validate her. And when that didn’t work out she sets out on her own. But the revenge that Maul wants starts out very straightforward — I’ll lock lightsabers with Obi-Wan Kenobi! — but then it becomes a lot more complicated. Simple revenge isn’t good enough. It’s gotta be grand revenge, on a huge scale, and the galaxy’s going to know about it.

"Large scale revenge" sounds very promising to me.

Edited by Brickadeer

That's also a possibility, but isn't Cato Nemoidia a very ground limited planet? I remember it has lots of mountains as their palaces are built hanging in the sky.

When Plo crashed, he crased into a Clone staging area. Perhaps Wolffe was near there.

When Plo crashed, he crased into a Clone staging area. Perhaps Wolffe was near there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jag wasn't named in the film, so it could be any clone in the cockpit, even Wolfe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jag wasn't named in the film, so it could be any clone in the cockpit, even Wolfe.

Wolffe is not a pilot, though. He doesn't wear a pilot's helmet, and the markings on the helmet are different.

But it's like that with so many other characters kit fisto wasn't named in the films but we knew his name before the clone wars came along and the same with plo koon. There names are in other sources like the novels and from visual dictionaries. The visual dictionary tells us that captain jag was a disgraced commander and plo koon saw he was a good pilot so had him moved to the wolfepack as a pilot.

Wolffe is not a pilot, though. He doesn't wear a pilot's helmet, and the markings on the helmet are different.

He could retrain as a pilot or just be temporally wearing the armour, as for the different markings, it could be a borrowed helmet.

He could retrain as a pilot or just be temporally wearing the armour, as for the different markings, it could be a borrowed helmet.

True, but a bit of a stretch. I doubt that they would say "It's Wolffe. He just borrowed the armour." I think that it is more likely that Jag will appear in TCW as Plo's main pilot.