Piranha

Who is your favorite LEGO Avenger?

The Avengers Assemble!   

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite LEGO Avenger?

• Iron Man
    • Thor
    • Captain America
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • Hawkeye
    • Black Widow
  2. 2. Which is the best Marvel Minifig in 2012?

• Iron Man Mark 6 Suit (Triangle)
    • Iron Man Mark 7 Suit (Circle)
    • Thor
    • Captain America
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • Hawkeye
    • Black Widow
    • Loki
    • General
    • Foot Soldier
    • Nick Fury
    • Spiderman
    • Doc Ock
    • Other (Explain)
    • Deadpool
    • Magneto
    • Wolverine
    • Iron Fist
    • The Incredible Hulk (Promo)
    • Captain America (Toy Fair Promo)
    • Iron Man (Toy Fair Promo)

With the upcoming release of the new 2012 LEGO Marvel Superheros line based on the upcoming Avengers film, I thought we could discuss which Avenger we like best.

Who is your favorite Avenger produced by LEGO?

• Iron Man

1.jpg

• Thor

2.jpg

• Captain America

6.jpg

• The Incredible Hulk

5.jpg

• Hawkeye

3.jpg

• Black Widow

4.jpg

Geez, spam your own forum, Macoco. :tongue: As long as it remains about the actual minifigs, I guess I can allow it.

I went with Hulk. Only thing I don't like about him is the inside of his arms. Couldn't have been that much more expensive to fill those suckers in, Lego. I'm hoping his hair is a seperate so we can give him funny hairpieces (mohawk, anyone?). Plus that hairpiece would be perfect for Harry Potter. So much better than the official mop head.

Cap is a close second. If they'd have given him the wings on his mask, it might've been different. That and a slightly better facial expression. Maybe one showing some kind of emotion.

Pictures????? Where are the pictures... :sad:

I meant it is best and encouraged to use nice looking actual/CG/whatever images to be placed in the first post for illustration purpose.

Haven't decided who yet, but there is no options for all members! :grin:

Well, if we're gonna limit it to the Avengers, I'm gonna have to go with Iron Man. He's my favorite Avenger anyway, and I think Lego did a pretty good job on him. I like the fact that he comes in two different suits. He's very detailed, especially his helmet, and while his head might be a bit big, he has an opening faceplate and a double-sided head! I think that's pretty cool.

But why don't we have a poll for all the Marvel figs? I know the Spiderman figs haven't been seen yet, but it can't be long now...

Does voting for the Hulk show my age ? :laugh:

How about a poll for ALL the SH figures....good and evil characters eh ? :wink:

I picked Captain America. He is all kinds of win. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to do 'Shield Slash' in LEGO... I couldn't wait to get Cap'n when I first heard they were coming out, so excited.

It's between Thor and Iron Man for me...

Going to go with Iron Man until we see more additions :classic:

I went with Thor. Iron Man is my favourite character, but that isn't the question here. Looking at them without taking into account their characters, Iron Man just looks like a man in a mechanical suit. Black Widow has a weird old face. Hulk isn't a real Lego figure. Captain America has nothing on his head, and while I can understand why they designed him that way, Lego figures with the stud showing on top of their head will always look a bit odd to me. Hawkeye has nothing in particular going for him.

I think Thor looks the best as a 'Superhero' and as a Minifig.

Geez, spam your own forum, Macoco. :tongue: As long as it remains about the actual minifigs, I guess I can allow it.

I went with Hulk. Only thing I don't like about him is the inside of his arms. Couldn't have been that much more expensive to fill those suckers in, Lego. I'm hoping his hair is a seperate so we can give him funny hairpieces (mohawk, anyone?). Plus that hairpiece would be perfect for Harry Potter. So much better than the official mop head.

Cap is a close second. If they'd have given him the wings on his mask, it might've been different. That and a slightly better facial expression. Maybe one showing some kind of emotion.

Spam? :cry_sad:

I thought it would be a good/interesting choice for a poll and topic and has been done in past years for other themes.

Pictures????? Where are the pictures... :sad:

I meant it is best and encouraged to use nice looking actual/CG/whatever images to be placed in the first post for illustration purpose.

Haven't decided who yet, but there is no options for all members! :grin:

You are right WhiteFang, I was looking for pictures earlier but I couldn't find them but they have been added now. :classic:

But why don't we have a poll for all the Marvel figs? I know the Spiderman figs haven't been seen yet, but it can't be long now...

That is a good idea so I added that to the poll. For now, the unreleased figs are listed as options but those are based on "name" only right now.

LT: I went with your similar suggestion to Oky and added them as a new poll question, I did not include DC minifigs only Marvel minifigs.

Thanks for adding the pics and second question! But since you didn't include the X-Men minifigs for some reason, I had to vote "Other" because, for me, the best Marvelfig is Deadpool! Deadpool is awesome, and the minifig is spot-on! :thumbup:

I voted for Iron Man as my favorite (LEGO) Avenger and for the Iron Man Mark 6 suit as my favorite minifigure.

Both versions of Iron Man look great, but I just like that inverted triangle a lot more :blush:

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks for adding the pics and second question! But since you didn't include the X-Men minifigs for some reason, I had to vote "Other" because, for me, the best Marvelfig is Deadpool! Deadpool is awesome, and the minifig is spot-on! :thumbup:

I'm siding with oky on this one, but if I had to choose an avenger, I'd go for....Cap, I guess.

I voted Iron Man for favorite Avenger, since he's Batman Iron Man. I'm not sure which suit is Mark 6, but I think that's the trangle suit, so I voted for that one. Cap and Thor were close seconds. And where are the X-men figs on the poll? :wink:

This is a tough one, this poll helped be realize how I'm not as thrilled with these minifigures as I was with DC.

I'm not a Marvel fan, so I know next to nothing about the characters.

I voted Thor for both. I don't know what Marvel has done with him as a character, but the norse didn't see a hero as a person who vanquished evil, just as somebody who stood up with it. I think it's pretty cool that Marvel used a norse hero. I was going to vote for Iron Man for best figure, but I couldn't decide between the two variants. Then I was going to vote for Deadpool, who looks like a good minifigure. But in the end, I voted for Thor again. Not sure exactly why, probably because I don't think he's over done or too plain.

I initially hated the Iron Man figure. The head was way oversized. These newer shots show that LEGO fixed the issue and his head, while still being somewhat oversized, doesn't bother me. I remember thinking the Batman figure was going to be crap originally as well.

Improved head Iron Man gets my vote.

I voted Iron Man for this particular poll. When (and if) we ever get a Hawkeye in full costume and not shield uniform, I will definitely change my vote for that. Hawkeye was always my favorite ever since I was a little kid. It was only with the newer Iron Man movies that I started to really like that character (probably helped by the acting and wit of RDJ).

As far as actual figure goes, I put other like a few others. I would choose Magneto or Wolverine, but only because X-Men is exactly what I've always wanted to see in Lego form. If I was choosing between only the Avengers in Lego form, I wouldn't be able to choose. They all have some nice printing. Other than Hulk. I know others love Hulk and I'm sure this is a great rendition of him, but I've never been a huge Hulk fan. He would be the only draw of his set and I highly doubt I will be getting it. I'm sure he'll be pricey on bricklink though.

Ah your right, how could I forget those. :blush:

Poll updated.

Everyone can modify their votes accordingly now. :wink:

Iron Man is slowly growing on me, but Captain America is still my favorite Avenger minifigure.

And if we get him, I really think Nick Fury will be my ultimate favorite Marvel minifigure. :grin:

My favorite LEGO Avenger is Iron Man. In the early photos, he looked a bit weird, but in the newer photos, he looks great. It's a shame he is only in two sets that I don't really want, but I guess I could drive myself pick up the Cosmic Cube Escape.

For my favorite Marvel figure, it's Wolverine. His figure looks exceptional as well.

To the people who voted for Fury/Spiderman as favorite Minifigure...how? You don't even know what they'll look like. :wacko:

To the people who voted for Fury/Spiderman as favorite Minifigure...how? You don't even know what they'll look like. :wacko:

Pff, don't sweat it. I'll delete my vote for fury if he turns out to be NOT samuel jackson :tongue:

And Hulk all the way!