zinfinion

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Thanks for the video links, the game looks really good! Is it my imagination or have the graphics changed, even improved, slightly, since the last Lego game?

It'll be a bit of fun to fly around as Superman or Green Lantern by the looks of it. And running around as the Flash should be a change of place for the sometime slow moving Lego characters in past games. I always wish they'd have a run button or move a bit quicker, especially if you were Free Playing a level second time around and just wanted to burn around and get all the hidden items etc.

Is it me or The Penguin's face looks a tad different? :classic:

Seems fun to see him in Arctic World again, hidden in Gotham zoo. I mean wasn't that his hideout the last time? How predictable! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

2wfvdhh.png

Row 1

Batman, Robin, Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, The Flash, Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman

Row 2

Hawkwoman, Huntress, Batgirl, Supergirl, Black Canary, Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley Quinn, The Riddler, Two-Face

Row 3

Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Bane, Killer Croc, Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, Joe Chill/Cpt. Boomerang?, Sinestro, Mad Hatter

Row 4

Killer Moth, ManBat, Clayface, Hush, Ra’s al Ghul, ???, Brainiac, Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Clark Kent

Row 5

Alfred, commissioner Gordon, Lois Lane, Vicky Vale, ???, Joker thug 1, Joker thug 2, Riddler Tug, Two-face Thug, Droid?

Not that familiar with the DC Comics. Maybe someone can point out the others? (Still no sign of Green Arrow)

Edited by Cammo

:sceptic: I really hope this isn't the full roster. Okay, it has the main heroes, and a few sidekicks, but several good-to-choices appear to be missing (e.g Green Arrow, Black Canary), not to mention the majority of the villains are Batman villains (with many (Killer Moth, Ra's, Mad Hatter, etc) looking just like they did in the first game). The Harry Potter games had at least three times as many playable characters, so I don't see what is stopping them here. It's certainly not the fear that people might not know who they are, because there were certainly some borderline unknown characters in the Lego Harry Potter games.

I'm assuming the ten silhouetted characters are the ones mentioned in the preorder bonuses (e.g Gorilla Godd, Captain Cold, Zatana), but I worry that they might actually be the make-your-own-villain/hero slots.

Not that familiar with the DC Comics. Maybe someone can point out the others? (Still no sign of Green Arrow)

I believe the one between Clayface and Ra's is Hush, and that the ones before Batgril are Hawkwoman and Hawkgirl respectively. I believe the character in between Killer Croc and Scarecrow is Mr. Freeze.

2wfvdhh.png

Row 1

Batman, Robin, Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, The Flash, Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman

Row 2

Hawkwoman, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Supergirl, ???, Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley Quinn, The Riddler, Two-Face

Row 3

Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Bane, Killer Croc, Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, ???, Sinestro, Mad Hatter

Row 4

Killer Moth, ManBat, Clayface, Hush, Ra’s al Ghul, ???, ???, Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Clark Kent

Row 5

Alfred, commissioner Gordon, Lois Lane, Vicky Vale, ???, Joker thug 1, Joker thug 2, Riddler Tug, Two-face Thug, Droid?

Were did you find this?

Were did you find this?

Superficial Username posted a video above my comment with the picture. In that video they switch characters, so I took a picture :thumbup:

I believe ... the ones before Batgril are Hawkwoman and Hawkgirl respectively.

Hawkman is already in the first row. In the second, we have Hawkgirl, and Huntress. :wink:

Also, the green head under Scarecrow could be Brainiac... and the Droid in the last row should be a Brainiac-Drone/-Robot. :thumbup:

About the blonde nest to Supergirl: Could it be Powergirl?

Edited by Nebsirob

Superficial Username posted a video above my comment with the picture. In that video they switch characters, so I took a picture :thumbup:

Ok, thanks for the info. A bit to little characters though :hmpf_bad: .

2wfvdhh.png

Row 1

Row 2

Hawkwoman, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Supergirl, ???, Lex Luthor, Joker, Harley Quinn, The Riddler, Two-Face

Row 3

Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Bane, Killer Croc, Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, ???, Sinestro, Mad Hatter

Row 4

Killer Moth, ManBat, Clayface, Hush, Ra’s al Ghul, ???, ???, Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Clark Kent

Row 5

The one next to Supergirl is probably Black Canary 2008-10-23_000017_JL_Black_Canary.JPG

and next to Scarecrow could be Captain Boomerang 300px-Captain_Boomerang_(Digger_Harkness).png

Row 1

Row 2

Row 3

Row 4

Row 5

That's Black Canary next to Supergirl, and Huntress is after Hawkman, you forgot her. I think that's Zod and Brainiac between Ra's and Bruce, but I'm not sure. I don' know who that guy in the suit is, it could just be a generic businessman, for whatever reason.

I hope that this isn't everyone, I would be really disappointed if Nightwing actually isn't in this (especially if Huntress is :wacko: ). He and Green Arrow are the only two left on my wanted list.

Oh, and Batgirl. :wub:

Edit: I just did a bit of math. We were promised over 50 characters, right? I counted, and the grid is 4 by 9, which is only 45! :angry::grin: It's not a big deal, just hoping that this isn't the full roster.

Edited by Superficial Username

Edit: I just did a bit of math. We were promised over 50 characters, right? I counted, and the grid is 4 by 9, which is only 45! :angry::grin: It's not a big deal, just hoping that this isn't the full roster.

Well, if you count it correctly, there are 10 characters in a row. But there will be downloadable characters, if you will look back in the thread.

Well, if you count it correctly, there are 10 characters in a row. But there will be downloadable characters, if you will look back in the thread.

Oh, then I made a mistake. :blush: I just counted again, and you're right, sorry. :grin:

I still hope that these characters are in the game like with the POTC packs, otherwise it wouldn't make sense why Nightwing is mentioned in so many places other than the downloadable content. :sceptic:

Has anyone in the UK identified if anywhere here's offering the 5 Hero Pack as a preorder bonus? Amazon has the 5 Villain Pack and ShopTo has a comic and in-game Harley Quinn bike, and everywhere seems to be stocking the Lex Luthor toy edition...

Thanks,

Jalaguy

Has anyone in the UK identified if anywhere here's offering the 5 Hero Pack as a preorder bonus? Amazon has the 5 Villain Pack and ShopTo has a comic and in-game Harley Quinn bike, and everywhere seems to be stocking the Lex Luthor toy edition...

Thanks,

Jalaguy

All google search results show nothing new, although the comic and bike look nice from ShopTo. Where are ShopTo stores? UK, US?

I hope that this isn't everyone, I would be really disappointed if Nightwing actually isn't in this (especially if Huntress is :wacko: ). He and Green Arrow are the only two left on my wanted list.

Yeah, it looks like there are 10 bonus characters, hopefully we get Green Arrow, Red Hood and Nightwing at least.

Yeah, it looks like there are 10 bonus characters, hopefully we get Green Arrow, Red Hood and Nightwing at least.

Nightwing will be in the preoder dlc (will propably be for sale sooner or later)

It's a real shame if they dont include Green arrow, hes become quite well known.

The dlc they did for Harry potter 2, was it also a preorder bonus?

in potc the preorder bonus was just cheat codes, how did they do it with Harry potter 2??

did the places for the dlc characthers in HP2 excist before they were downloaded??

Is that guy btween ra's and brainiac Genral Zod???

I hope theyll update the "prints" on the villains from first game.

Its not unherd of, for alot of traler and screenshots superman had the wrong face, and this image is taken from pre alpha/alpha build of the game.

if these are the final design that means we wont see real lego minifigs of these charactehrs any time soon or the game company would have the updated designs

Edited by deskp

did the places for the dlc characthers in HP2 excist before they were downloaded??

Is that guy btween ra's and brainiac Genral Zod???

I hope theyll update the "prints" on the villains from first game.

if these are the final design that means we wont see real lego minifigs of these charactehrs any time soon or the game company would have the updated designs

I can answer/reply to a few of those:

No, not on the Wii at least. I don't remember how they handled Harry Potter 2, but I do recall a patch being available with a few characters. The only one I remember though was Luna with her Lion Hat. I don't think that's the same as DLC though, so the Harry Potter one may have been something different.

Yep :classic:

We saw that Killer Croc has new, ripped pants, in one of the trailers, but I don't think any of the others are getting makeovers. Batgirl is though. :wub:

Not necessarily, LEGO might just be trying to hide future minifigure designs. Which reminds me, isn't SDCC coming up? Maybe we'll see new figures there. :sceptic:

Vixen is also in the game!

I dunno if shes a real characther or just a buildable one. but shes in there for sure!

I can answer/reply to a few of those:

No, not on the Wii at least. I don't remember how they handled Harry Potter 2, but I do recall a patch being available with a few characters. The only one I remember though was Luna with her Lion Hat. I don't think that's the same as DLC though, so the Harry Potter one may have been something different.

AUGH. hate hate hate HATE.

that is evil and horrible. I want my damn characters :cry_sad:

And where the heck is Lobo?

All google search results show nothing new, although the comic and bike look nice from ShopTo. Where are ShopTo stores? UK, US?

Don't think they have actual shops, but they're a UK-based website. I'm probably going to go for Amazon, since I'd rather the Lex minifig over the comic, and five characters are better than one vehicle, in my opinion.

Jalaguy

Vixen is also in the game!

I dunno if shes a real characther or just a buildable one. but shes in there for sure!

Where'd you hear that?

AUGH. hate hate hate HATE.

that is evil and horrible. I want my damn characters :cry_sad:

And where the heck is Lobo?

Agreed.

I'm not surprised Lobo is absent. I'm not really familiar with him, but I recall him being really gory and violent. I guess Wolverine is too though... :sceptic:

Edit: I just found this on Brickipedia. They refer to it as a Game-Add on Download, but it could be the same thing I guess. :hmpf_bad:

HPDLC.JPG

Edited by Superficial Username

I'm not surprised Lobo is absent. I'm not really familiar with him, but I recall him being really gory and violent. I guess Wolverine is too though... :sceptic:

Edit: I just found this on Brickipedia. They refer to it as a Game-Add on Download, but it could be the same thing I guess. :hmpf_bad:

Lobo is intentional satire of Wolverine's gritty violence (and indestructability, gruffness, short temper, bloodlust insanity, etc.), to comically absurd extremes. (a Ninja Turtle to Wolverine's Batman :wink:) All of which pretty much makes him DC's "Chuck Norris joke"

Yeah, he's a senselessly violent space biker bounty hunter of excessive ridiculousness, but they could easily keep it kid friendly by specifying him as the 1996 Superman: The Animated Series version (voiced by good ol Brad Garrett).

Well, there's always LEGO Batman 3 (or whatever they'll call the next inevitable installment :tongue: )

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Where'd you hear that?

In a video where they show off the characther creator you can clearly see Vixens torso. And they have said there will be characthers in the game that ca only be made in there(like in first batman game) if vixen is one of those or a standard characther I dunno.

also confirmation on that one green head being braniac, you see hes costume in the creator aswell.

Edited by deskp