Sign in to follow this  
pedro

Jedi Mission Battle Pack on CUUSOO

Hey everyone,

Back in 2009, I entered the Eurobricks Battle Pack Competition with my Jedi Mission Battle Pack...

jedimission-boxfront.jpg

(Image links to CUUSOO.)

At the time my thought behind it was that everyone who likes Star Wars, loves Jedi, and seeing an army of them in battles such as the Battle of Geonosis is amazing! I'd seen Jedi battle packs by other toy companies and thought the chance to buy and customise a LEGO Jedi army would be simply awesome.

Since then, this little 'set' has received a lot of interest and feedback online and I'm humbled by how much people actually like it and wish it was real. Now, for all those that gave me such generous feedback they can vote for it on CUUSOO. If you'd like one - show your support!

Thanks for looking.

- pedro

Would love to see something like this as a set. Jedi robes for cheap! :laugh:

*supported*

Really like this idea and the box looks great, could release variations in packs so you can have different parts to make unique Jedi's something like CMF?

Definitely one of my favorite contest entries of all-time, and one of the best ideas in CUUSOO which we could very well see in LEGO shelves in the near future. You have my full support on this one, so best of luck pedro! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks very much for the support guys and thanks for blogging it KDM, much appreciated. It's not remotely as ambitious as some of the fantastic projects on CUUSOO, but it's something I hope all Star Wars LEGO fans would love to see.

Interestingly enough, LEGO contacted me asking me to remove the LEGO branding from my images so it wouldn't be mistaken as an official LEGO product. I'd missed the point in the TAC that mentioned this and was only too happy to oblige!

This looks good, but I think that you should make the hands in some color other than flesh (black would work), so that the torsos will be truly interchangeable. Remember that removing hands is an illegal technique.

There's probably a reason we don't get Jedi in battle packs, and it's likely because Jedi are used to help sell larger sets. So I'm not sure if TLG would want this to exist.

The other issue is the box noting that this set is all about the figurines, I don't think Hasbro would be happy about that. A battle pack is supposed to sell minifigures in disguise.

Seems like that contest was run ages ago :laugh:

Friggin' awesome contest image :blush:

Good times and best of luck.

Yes. Removing legs from hips, hands from arms, and arms from torsos. All are illegal. (As they can damage the pieces.)

I don't understand how removing hands from arms is illegal. I am more likely to damage a large plate while trying to pry a 1x2 plate off.... yet that is perfectly legal. The arms(or hands) can't really be damaged as they are not solidly secured in by a mushroom effect piece like the arms to the torso or legs...

Removing the hands from arms is no different than removing the head from the torso.

*edited spelling mistakes*

Edited by Fuppylodders

I really love this idea. These would sell like hotcakes for lego. Hopefully it gets 10,000 supporters, and passes all the stages.

Good Luck. Blue Brick :classic:

You have my support Pedro as I loved the BP when you first did it. :classic:

The only real road block I can see is that this now does not conform to the new battle in a box BP's.

I don't understand how removing hands from arms is illegal. I am more likely to damage a large plate while trying to pry a 1x2 plate off.... yet that is perfectly legal. The arms(or hands) can't really be damaged as they are not solidly secured in by a mushroom effect piece like the arms to the torso or legs...

Removing the hands from arms is no different than removing the head from the torso.

*edited spelling mistakes*

Tell that to TLG.

Thanks very much everyone. :classic:

There's quite a few elements of this set that, as it is, could work/wouldn't work and would/wouldn't pass LEGO's process of scrutiny. Heh... I think now it doesn't quite pass my process of scrutiny! There's certainly a few changes I'd make to make it better.

I think what I have now is simply a concept - a sketch - parts of it are right, parts of it need refinement. Should this be successful, I'd imagine this to be part of the CUUSOO process that has happened so far with the three successful models we've seen. That said, I just don't know at this stage. I'm just really happy it's gotten the response that it has.