Sign in to follow this  
Comwiz

Greetings from Denmark

Hello all,

After lurking these boards a few months I finally decided to join.

I'm a 28 year old guy from Denmark. Married, have a 4 year old son, and a baby girl coming in a few weeks. Currently studying to become a teacher.

I just got back to Lego late last year.

My return was initiated by my mother calling me up one day asking if I wanted the old Legos from my childhood or if she could just sell them. I was at her house 10 minutes later, stuffing a 10kg box in my car.

Luckily for me I had a week off from studies and I slowly started identifying sets and rebuilding them. Lots of old space themes, M-tron, Blacktron and such.

Needless to say I was hooked.

After rebuilding what I could, I turned to newer sets. Always having a thing for Star Wars, I continued my journey there.

I then stumbled upon this site, spending a few nights reading various threads I saw a thread on the pricing of the 10179 Millennium Falcon. This was it, I had to have this set. I spent a month or so resarching the Falcon, parts needed, rarety and so on.

Enter Bricklink. Amazing tool. Made everything so much easier.

So here I am, 3 weeks, 12 BL orders and 2 Lego orders (one still on its way) later, ready to build my Millennium Falcon. Easter break cannot get here fast enough :)

This was a short recap of my story. Looking forward to being part of this community.

Welcome!

Feel free to visit us during our EB event which will be in... Denmark (see announcement somewhere above on this forum)

Velkommen - Welcome

I see that you have already signed up for the Billund 2012 event. I'm sure it will be a great introduction to the AFOL community!

See you in Billund!

Yeah. I tried sorting sets out by building them. It is sort of heart breaking when you find pieces missing. The must be somewhere. Oh well

Missing parts are always annoying, especially if they're rare. Anyhow, welcome! We're always happy to see new members. Have fun at the EB event coming up!

Almost forgot about this thread :blush:

Thanks all, looking forward to meeting members of EB in Billund.

I can also report the bricklinked falcon is build and I will make some sort of post on it soon.

My love for the brick has expanded into the modular series and my "hunger" is straining my wallet. :laugh: I've tried doing my own small modular building, still room for lots of improvement, but you gotta start somewhere :wink:

Edit: oh almost forgot :wacko:

Baby girl arrived on March 28th. Perfect baby and all went smooth. :classic:

Edited by Comwiz