Sign in to follow this  
The_Chosen_1

The LEGO Group to partner with Sideshow Collectibles

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I ran across something interesting in my Facebook news feed earlier tonight: LEGO® Sets are coming to SideshowCollectibles.com!

Since I actually collected quite a bit of Sideshow's Star Wars items before returning to Lego, I found this news to be quite interesting. The payment plan option will certainly make it nice when purchasing UCS sets. Maybe we can even look forward to some exclusive sets?

Any thoughts on this interesting development?

Not a big deal, if you ask me. I doubt that there will be any exclusives since other sites sell Lego too (such as StarWarsShop.com) and don't have any exclusives either, and the 5% cash back isn't anything to write home about either since you basically get the same thing as a Lego VIP member from S@H. :sceptic: The payment plans might be of use to some people though.

I can't really see any Sideshow Collectibles Exclusives being made but the payment plan option being is very attractive to those that can't drop hundreds of dollars at one time.

I doubt that there will be any exclusives since other sites sell Lego too (such as StarWarsShop.com) and don't have any exclusives either

StarWarsShop.com has actually been closed since last July. For all we know, Lego could simply be testing the waters with Sideshow in the hopes of creating unique products down the road. It seems like a pretty random thing for TLG to do unless there's something else in the pipeline. Just speculation, though.

I can't really see any Sideshow Collectibles Exclusives being made but the payment plan option being is very attractive to those that can't drop hundreds of dollars at one time.

That's the main draw to me. Sideshow's payment plan would definitely make buying every UCS set more doable.