Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword

The party heads north and comes to a turn. They find a chest, but it is locked and the key is nowhere in sight. There is a shelf with nothing on it and some crates of empty viles.

Samsvault2.jpg

The party can head:

E

S

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Let's go east."

OOC: Sorry, I was camping and forgot to tell you.

Edited by RPGer

The party heads East, where they find two shelves with viles, and a table with some sheets of paper. There is a locked door with blue paint spread on the front. There are some an empty stack of crates.

Samsvault3.jpg

Sam walks over and picks up the pages, after dusting them off, his face brightens.

SamNPCpicture.png

"I was going to sell these but couldn't find them! I'll sell them to you if you wish."

ScrollofWeakening.jpgScroll of Weakening – Enables casting the Weakening-effect to the target, making it's attacks halved for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. Costs 50 gold.

ScrollofFragilization.jpgScroll of Frailty – Enables casting the Fragile-effect to the target, making it's taken damage doubled for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. Costs 50 gold.

The party can go:

S

W

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Would any of you be willing to lend me 50 gold for one of these scrolls?"

I search for the keys while waiting for the answer from someone.

OOC: :wub:

Edited by RPGer

"Durkon, I'll lend you 25 if someone else is willing to help you."

"I'll go ahead and buy that scroll of frailty (-50gp). Anyone wanna fight me for it?"

"Durkon, I'll lend you 25 if someone else is willing to help you."

"I'll go ahead and buy that scroll of frailty (-50gp). Anyone wanna fight me for it?"

"Thank you, Sylph."

"I too would like to purchase two Scrolls of Frailty, if there are extra copies. That leaves me with 76 gold."

"And I'd like to lend Durkon 25 gold so he can buy a scroll too."

"Once everyone has made their purchases, I'd like to go south."

With the money Sylph and Tomas lend me, I buy a scroll of Frailty and, if not I buy a Scroll of Weakening.

OOC: Thank-you! :thumbup:

"I want one, let's give one to Tomas and another to Sylph. Hoke and Erdacath can attack more than use these, and Hoke can buy Scrolls of Weakening."

OOC: All in favor? :tongue:

"Hoke, there's three of each scroll, and you make up our offensive force."

"Well, I want a scroll of frailty, so, as long as I get one of those, I don't mind who else gets what."

"And once we're finished here, we can head south."

"I can last in the fight long enough to use the scroll if necessary. Besides, I could lend it out for use."

With that Hoke hands over 100 gold.

QM Note: I'll try to make this a fair as possible from the discussion.

The party:

img_1138.jpg_thumb.jpgDurkon (Played by RPGer)

Level 1 Mage

Power: 7 (1+6) (No extra power)

Health: 5/5 (1+4)

Shield Power: -

Ether: 5/5 (1+4)

Gold: 0 (25 lent from Sylph, 25 lent from Tomas)

Inventory: 3x Fang dagger (WP:6), Staff (WP:3), 3 Potions, Venom, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Topaz (Lightning), Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening

Er2.pngErdathcath Madilinas (Played by The_Customizer)

Level 15 Ranger

Power: 25 (15+10) (No extra power)

Health: 23/23 (15+7+1)

Ether: -

Gold: 343

Inventory: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Longbow (WP:7), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), 4 Potions, 2 Grand Potions,3 Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 12 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 1 lightning Bomb, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Played by dannylonlegs)

Level 13.5 Cleric

Power: 20 (13+7) (No extra power)

Health: 21/21 (13+8)

Ether: 17/17 (13+4)

Gold: 35

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 7), 2 Potions, Tonic, Remedy, 2 Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bomb, 2 smelling salts, 2 fire bomb, 2 lightning bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet ring, Grand tonic, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth, Scroll of Frailty

6804337917_f0161d27c6_t.jpgTomas (Played by Tamamono)

Level 16 Sage *Party leader*

Power: 25 (16+9) (No extra power)

Health: 31/31 (16+15)

Ether: 23/23 (16+7)

Gold: 101

Inventory: Shadeaux Staff (WP:9), Fang Dagger (WP:6), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Pongcanis Staff (WP:5),3 Remedies, 3 Bedrolls, Tonic, 2 Bones, 2 Grand Tonics, Shovel, Mead, 2 Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, Topaz Elemental Gem, Smelling Salts, Common Axe (WP:5), Captain's Shield (SP:3), Holy Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, Fire Bomb, Canteen Passport (2 trips), 2 Saber teeth, Scroll of Frailty

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Played by UsernameMDM)

Level 17 Mystic Knight

Power: 28 (17+11) (No extra power)

Health: 34/34 (17+17+1)

Shield Power: 9 (7+2)

Ether: 17/17 (17+0)

Gold: 159

Inventory: Vintul (Great sword: WP 11), Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, 2 Phoenix Essence, 5 Potion, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 3 Bones, skeleton decoy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Canteen Passport (2 trips), Saber teeth, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening

Selling:

ScrollofWeakening.jpgScroll of Weakening – Enables casting the Weakening-effect to the target, making it's attacks halved for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. Costs 50 gold. 1 in stock.