Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Yakuza Family - Day 6

I'm going to Vote: Setsukuo (fhomess) for, as I stated previously, I trust Norio's work so far. The claim of Miller would be a reasonable explanation, but I just can't see why you wouldn't come out with it earlier in the day. Despite the investigation, there were other candidates for suspicion today, and if you truly are pro-Yakuza, wouldn't it be better to shift the focus to one of them, rather than having us lynch you?

As for Lizzy, one has only to look earlier in this tragically eventful week to know that I can sympathize with how tired you have been. That being said, let's get down to business:

I know that Norio asked for names, and that you did just that. However, my point in noting that you were criticizing Shiro was not regarding the act itself, but the hypocrisy of the act.

*I was going to comment on the "It could be nothing, really?!" bit from D5, but I realize now that I misunderstood that line. I apologize.

*"What I don't like is how Shiro offered no thoughts of his own, and simply echoed the consensus that had been reached by that point in each respective day." On many of the days so far, you have done this very thing (and I believe I have commented on most of them, heh).

*"Then, he says something that seems helpful, but is ultimately vague and unspecific." I'd like to refer you, again, to your not-suggestion about Tamiko's voters, and your numbers games, as those are shining examples.

I'm not saying you don't have a point about Shiro, just that you fit the bill you have described fairly well, also.

You *suspect* your words weren't clear? Even for a lizard that miraculously has the gift of speech, this is an understatement for the record books! All of what you said was horribly convoluted and, if I'm understanding your new explanation of it correctly, could have been said as "Before anyone suggests it, looking at who has voted for Tamiko won't do us much good because of how suspiciously she was acting." That wasn't so difficult, was it? Sure, it could raise some suspicion of "Well, why are you telling us not to do that? What are you trying to hide?", but at least that's easier to explain away than the mess you put forth. If it were me, I just wouldn't have said anything unless someone else suggested actually doing it first.

You'll have to forgive me, but I am basing my thoughts and theories on your actions thus far which, collectively, have more than a hint of suspicion (if not guilt) to me. I wouldn't put it past an anti-Yakuza team to come up with a creative, indirect way of offing true Yakuza, perhaps like the one that I suspected "out of pure paranoia." If such a scheme is beyond the scope of your tiny lizard brain, then you have my sincere condolences :tongue:

Hanako (Played by Professor Flitwick)

Hasn't brought much to the table in the day threads. Possible Scum.

*sniff* Well, I've highlighted several people I've found suspicious, and on the first day highlighted those amongst us who weren't talking. I'm not sure what more you want from me, Akio; I'm not in contact with the investigator, so I can't bring up any for-sure candidates for lynching.

*sniff* Whilst I'm not certain of Shizuko innocence, I feel I must point out one flaw in your arguments, Setsuku.

1. She was quick to cast suspicion on Emi's argument against Yasu on day 1, calling it vague when it was anything but.

*sniff* So was I; several of us weren't sure if we could lynch people based on something that happened outside this thread before this all started.

Votes so far:

Setsuku (Fhomess): 9 Votes

Brickdoctor, MetroiD, Rick, Rumble Strike, Professor Flitwick, Bob, CallMePieOrDie, Capt.Redblade, Swils,

Emi (Brickdoctor): 1 Vote

Def

Shizuko (CallMePieOrDie): 1 Vote

Fhomess

I know that Norio asked for names, and that you did just that. However, my point in noting that you were criticizing Shiro was not regarding the act itself, but the hypocrisy of the act.

*I was going to comment on the "It could be nothing, really?!" bit from D5, but I realize now that I misunderstood that line. I apologize.

*"What I don't like is how Shiro offered no thoughts of his own, and simply echoed the consensus that had been reached by that point in each respective day." On many of the days so far, you have done this very thing (and I believe I have commented on most of them, heh).

*"Then, he says something that seems helpful, but is ultimately vague and unspecific." I'd like to refer you, again, to your not-suggestion about Tamiko's voters, and your numbers games, as those are shining examples.

I'm not saying you don't have a point about Shiro, just that you fit the bill you have described fairly well, also.

It's a fair cop. I'll admit that I could have been more helpful in early days. But after realizing my unhelpfulness is what has people on my back, I am now making a legitimate effort to contribute more. I am raising my own concerns, answering my accusers in a sufficient manner, and generally making statements containing my own thoughts, which is more than some of the other suspects are doing. Perhaps others may not see my words as worthwhile as I do, but I am at least trying and learning from my mistakes. It is true, I could have been more expedient in answering my accusers, but at least I did answer. (Another thing that sets me apart from some of the other suspects. *cough cough* Shiro *cough*)

It's a fair cop. I'll admit that I could have been more helpful in early days. But after realizing my unhelpfulness is what has people on my back, I am now making a legitimate effort to contribute more. I am raising my own concerns, answering my accusers in a sufficient manner, and generally making statements containing my own thoughts, which is more than some of the other suspects are doing. Perhaps others may not see my words as worthwhile as I do, but I am at least trying and learning from my mistakes. It is true, I could have been more expedient in answering my accusers, but at least I did answer. (Another thing that sets me apart from some of the other suspects. *cough cough* Shiro *cough*)

Alright, after hearing today's accusations and evidence, I'm prepared to vote...

Vote: Setsuku (Fhomess)

Norio led us on the right path with Hiroki, so I'm willing to trust him at the moment. I know that I am not cleared as Yakuza and am not helping at all at the moment, but I can assure you I am town. I do not expect any of you to trust me, and I'm prepared to deal with that for the moment. I also realize I have much to make up for after my absence, and I will do my best to help us be rid of these agents and mutineers.

The claim of Miller would be a reasonable explanation, but I just can't see why you wouldn't come out with it earlier in the day. Despite the investigation, there were other candidates for suspicion today, and if you truly are pro-Yakuza, wouldn't it be better to shift the focus to one of them, rather than having us lynch you?

I have cast my vote and laid out a case against another candidate for a lynch. Perhaps it wasn't the same candidate as you, but my case is there for all to see.

Why didn't I state my role earlier, because it was possible for a more convincing result to come in between the time of the first suspicions and the voting period. I came clean on my role as soon as I was able to after the voting period began. If you look back, you can see that I alluded to the role earlier, but my preference is to never reveal a role until the votes make it clear it is necessary. You never know when something might change or a role reveal can aid the scum. I'm sure they're having a grand time high fiving each other in secret over their good fortune that a Yakuza has investigated as scum.

*sniff* So was I; several of us weren't sure if we could lynch people based on something that happened outside this thread before this all started.

This is quite different than what Shizuko was stating. You were questioning the technicality of the rules, while Shizuko was questioning the comment itself. That said, it's a piece of the puzzle and not the only thing. My comments are dealing with a combined view of the situation over the course of our time here, not the single events from day 1. Certain things look better or worse in light of other behaviors at other times. This is how our views change of people over time in order to find those that have done a better job at hiding their true intentions.

There's zero chance that Setsuko is a miller... unless she had zero idea of how to use that role. Miller's need to be doubly town in order to keep themselves from getting in the way. And she has decided to claim it after previously acknowledging it in private.

Same investigator as caught Etzel, and your defense is the same. You're pretty much in an impossible position. All you can do is relax and let it happen...

I know. At this point, an investigator result is pretty difficult to refute with anything.

As Lightning Tiger likes to say, "Lynch on, Def!"

If it makes you feel any better, Whitefang almost killed you last night and Scuba would have been investigated instead. Same outcome, but you got a day up on him :classic:

This is the longest I've lasted in a game, and my first lynching, so I'm not entirely disappointed with how the game went. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest plays out and joining the afterlife party.

A while after this, she decided to claim miller :sceptic: I'll admit, it's decent of her not to wave the white flag and surrender. I'm sure her remaining scum mates appreciate it too :classic:

And I appreciate the effort some of the quieter family members have made today, but let's lay off Shiro and Shizuko, they're okay Yakuza :thumbup:

*sniff* Well, I've highlighted several people I've found suspicious, and on the first day highlighted those amongst us who weren't talking. I'm not sure what more you want from me, Akio; I'm not in contact with the investigator, so I can't bring up any for-sure candidates for lynching.

I would just like the quieter ones among us to talk up a bit more. Silence only helps our enemies. If my unfortunately rather brusque critique of your contributions so far makes you talk up a bit more, then all well and good.

There's zero chance that Setsuko is a miller... unless she had zero idea of how to use that role.

I confess that's not entirely out of the question with me.

A while after this, she decided to claim miller :sceptic:

Those comments came at the same time that I posted the comment about Tamiko being the only one who I thought could verify me - because of my role.

For me, it's merely ashame that I wasn't verified by Tamiko, as I believe that's the only way my true Yakuza nature would have been revealed.

The point was merely that I had little doubt you would lynch me even if I told you my role. In the short term, it's the only way to verify my claim in light of your result. In the longer term, there are other ways, but I didn't have any reason to expect you to go for that approach.

Those comments came at the same time that I posted the comment about Tamiko being the only one who I thought could verify me - because of my role.

No worries, we'll verify you the old-fashioned way, by feeding you to the dragon :wink:

Except that you still haven't said why you made a statement ignoring an accusation, then made another statement blaming your ignorance on tiredness, when you evidently were awake enough to make the statement that ignored accusations in the first place. So, again, you ignore an accusation.

Oh, wait. You must have your own little personal definition of "Ignoring Accusations". That clears everything up. Your definition of ignoring accusations is different from that of your accusers, so that means that you haven't been ignoring accusations. :sarcasm_hmpf:

I have heard the accusations thrown around today, and I am willing to go with Norio and trust in him:

Vote: Setsuku (Fhomess)

In the longer term, there are other ways, but I didn't have any reason to expect you to go for that approach.

Indeed, just in case you might go about blocking or even killing people tonight.

Well I've come to trust Norio and after reviewing the day's events I have decided that Setsuku's behavior is rather disturbing. So I shall Vote: Setsuku (fhomess).

It would appear that this day is almost over. Does anyone have any thoughts on who we should focus on tomorrow?

It would appear that this day is almost over. Does anyone have any thoughts on who we should focus on tomorrow?

I think our best bet is studying Norio's list from this morning.

Akio (Rumble Strike)

Noriko (Eskallon)

Saburo (Masked Builder)

Lizzy (Capt. Redblade)

Maniko (Swils)

Daisuke (Scorpiox K-nut)

These people (including myself) have, as stated, not done much to help in public nor private. Sticking to this list for lynches should be a good idea unless a revealing investigation comes up during the night that should state otherwise (such as a town reading or "scummy" reading).

I said earlier in the day:

perhaps it would be interesting to see what happens with the Emi + Maniko versus Lizzy versus Shiro dynamic. I'm sure that lynching one of those off, and finding out the subsequent alignment, would put the remaining three in greater context for the rest of us.

Norio has already voted for Emi today, and also has told us that Shiro can be trusted. So as I said, I think it'd be interesting to go after one of either Emi or Maniko, or Lizzy.

Norio has already voted for Emi today, and also has told us that Shiro can be trusted. So as I said, I think it'd be interesting to go after one of either Emi or Maniko, or Lizzy.

*sniff* Yes, but what would it tell us? Just because 'x' goes after 'y', who is revealed to be a Mutineer, doesn't mean that 'x' isn't a scum in the form of a Special Agent. Revealing one tells us very little about others.

Except that you still haven't said why you made a statement ignoring an accusation, then made another statement blaming your ignorance on tiredness, when you evidently were awake enough to make the statement that ignored accusations in the first place. So, again, you ignore an accusation.

I can't make any excuses for that. :wall: It was a dumb move made under the rationale of "I'll get to it later", and a stupid bit of procrastination rather than ignorance on my part which you can totally hold against me.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I can't make any excuses for that. :wall: It was a dumb move made under the rationale of "I'll get to it later", and a stupid bit of procrastination rather than ignorance on my part which you can totally hold against me.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Will do. :sweet:

*sniff* Yes, but what would it tell us? Just because 'x' goes after 'y', who is revealed to be a Mutineer, doesn't mean that 'x' isn't a scum in the form of a Special Agent. Revealing one tells us very little about others.

Which is why, at the risk of putting a nail in my own coffin, when a suspect accuses another suspect, it's probably a better move in this situation to go after the accusing suspect rather than the accused suspect.

I guess I'm not used to having two factions against us. I do see your point. However, if one does turn out to be s Mutineer, then that's a result without even needing to worry about what it tells us.

And a good, brave point Emi. That kind of thinking could very well put you in the firing line tomorrow, so kudos for mentioning it.

And a good, brave point Emi. That kind of thinking could very well put you in the firing line tomorrow, so kudos for mentioning it.

Emi's already in the firing line tomorrow, regardless :sadnew:

Wait, this day isn't over yet :look:

I know that she is already in your sights, Norio, indeed you have voted for her today. But despite that she came out with advice which helps the Yakuza, off her own back. That's what I was acknowledging.