Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Perhaps we will see TDKR sets in the same vane as the TDK sets: a Batman figure and vehicles from the film, but other minifigures that look more comic-book style. Who knows what LEGO will do.

I'd personally prefer that. An Ann Hathaway Catwoman could be useful, but I don't like Bane's costume too much. Plus, we could get more villains this way.

Thor 2? Cap. 2? A SHIELD MOVIE?! After the Avengers movie, what can they do for Thor? Or Cap.? I mean, how many superheros can you have flitting around New England?

Now, why would there be a Bruce Banner movie? I think children, (yes, children, after all, that is mainly Lego's focus.) would like the terrible, angry, uncontrollable, green, Hulk over the nerdy, miniscule Bruce Banner?

You mean figure right? But let me bring up a point. Why would kids want to play with Bruce Wayne when they have the big bad Batman to play with? They included Bruce for one simple reason, so kid can reenact Bruce suiting up as Batman! The reason people want a Banner figure is to reenact Him transforming into Hulk! I'm pretty sure Bruce is the unknown fig in the Hulk set, because Lego doesn't want us to see him yet!

I've got a feeling Nick Fury going to be in the most expensive set, aka the Quinjet.

You mean figure right? But let me bring up a point. Why would kids want to play with Bruce Wayne when they have the big bad Batman to play with? They included Bruce for one simple reason, so kid can reenact Bruce suiting up as Batman! The reason people want a Banner figure is to reenact Him transforming into Hulk! I'm pretty sure Bruce is the unknown fig in the Hulk set, because Lego doesn't want us to see him yet!

He's talking about movies....

I'll stand corrected, thinking too much about the other lines but they are Disneys original IP's and not those of a subsidiary.

Yeah, Marvel is still pretty much holding the reigns and calling the shots as far as the 'publishing comics' thing goes (which is why the MAX and Icon imprints continued after the acquisition), so the parent company branding should be lower key than with the house brands.

I've got a feeling Nick Fury going to be in the most expensive set, aka the Quinjet.

It wouldn't be a problem for kids to imagine a generic banner type figure becoming the hulk. A great future set could be a lab for banner with a horizonatal couple of sliding boxes(like the batcave but more compartments) with a banner figure in first compartment, an intermediate fig(normal minifig green face)and finally the Hulk in the last. or have it like a swivel platform under the gamma ray.

It wouldn't be a problem for kids to imagine a generic banner type figure becoming the hulk. A great future set could be a lab for banner with a horizonatal couple of sliding boxes(like the batcave but more compartments) with a banner figure in first compartment, an intermediate fig(normal minifig green face)and finally the Hulk in the last. or have it like a swivel platform under the gamma ray.

For a banner figure i would just want a reversible head where he was angry and perhaps had green eyes(if thats a thing the hulk does) maybe just the white spot in the minifigs eyes could be green.

He's talking about movies....

I'm not so sure. He mentioned a Bruce Banner movie...I'm thinking he meant minifigure, in the second half of his post, at least.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I'm not so sure. He mentioned a Bruce Banner movie...I'm thinking he meant minifigure, in the second half of his post, at least.

Now, why would there be a Bruce Banner movie? I think children, (yes, children, after all, that is mainly Lego's focus.) would like the terrible, angry, uncontrollable, green, Hulk over the nerdy, miniscule Bruce Banner?

I'm pretty sure that he is talking about Banner as a person (or whatever) and not as a minifigure.

I'm pretty sure that he is talking about Banner as a person (or whatever) and not as a minifigure.

Then why would he mention Lego?!

There was a Spiderman set that had a spinning thing showing Norman Osborn turning into the Green Goblin, perhaps Banner vs Hulk could be done in a similar way?

Then why would he mention Lego?!

Because he was trying to point out how ridiculous it would be to make a Bruce Banner movie, let alone LEGO sets based on it. (Not exactly sure where he would get that idea though.)

There was a Spiderman set that had a spinning thing showing Norman Osborn turning into the Green Goblin, perhaps Banner vs Hulk could be done in a similar way?

That what I was thinking but hulk is a little bigger and probably won't work.

Nice idea. I really want a Banner minifigure. His transformation could be similar to the Darth Vader transformation set in 2005. I'd buy it, especially if it is a cheap set. Though, knowing licensed themes, and the amount of plastic on the Hulk figure, the set would be a bit overpriced.

Nice idea. I really want a Banner minifigure. His transformation could be similar to the Darth Vader transformation set in 2005. I'd buy it, especially if it is a cheap set. Though, knowing licensed themes, and the amount of plastic on the Hulk figure, the set would be a bit overpriced.

Im guessing because of the sheer size of the Hulk figure that is why he only appears in one set and like the wampa before him is pushing up the price of the set he is in.

Im guessing because of the sheer size of the Hulk figure that is why he only appears in one set and like the wampa before him is pushing up the price of the set he is in.

That is probably it too. But the wampa sets price was also raised due to the deal that Lego has with Lucasfilms, all star wars setscost more than they normally should.

That is probably it too. But the wampa sets price was also raised due to the deal that Lego has with Lucasfilms, all star wars setscost more than they normally should.

This isn't the place for the discussion, but this is not true. Lucasfilm has nothing to do with LEGO pricing their product.

Back on topic, LEGO will not do a Banner fig because in the scheme of the film, Banner is not that important. Stark and Rogers, as civilian identities, will play more prominent roles. So you would be much more likely to see either of them before you saw Banner.

Kids want the superheroes - not their civilian identities.

This isn't the place for the discussion, but this is not true. Lucasfilm has nothing to do with LEGO pricing their product.

Back on topic, LEGO will not do a Banner fig because in the scheme of the film, Banner is not that important. Stark and Rogers, as civilian identities, will play more prominent roles. So you would be much more likely to see either of them before you saw Banner.

Kids want the superheroes - not their civilian identities.

In this case you are probably right, but if this line continues I could see a revolving door phone booth for Clark Kent/ Superman making an appearance. I'm sure many kids/adults may modify the transformation chamber in the batcave for Tim Drake to Robin(It is Tim Drake this version? Haven't read the online bios).

Everyone of these sets will become a collectors item for the mass cult/comic book collectors market that exists all over the world. I believe each wave will be relatively short and sweet to reflect this and with some of the character colour scheme choices and character choices for the sets I believe lego are working very closely with Marvel/DC to achieve this. How many kids know who Deadpool is, as opposed to Wolverine,Spiderman etc?

Edited by surrideo

In this case you are probably right, but if this line continues I could see a revolving door phone booth for Clark Kent/ Superman making an appearance. I'm sure many kids/adults may modify the transformation chamber in the batcave for Tim Drake to Robin(It is Time Drake this version? Haven't read the online bios).

Everyone of these sets will become a collectors item for the mass cult/comic book collectors market that exists all over the world. I believe each wave will be relatively short and sweet to reflect this and with some of the character colour scheme choices and character choices for the sets I believe lego are working very closely with Marvel/DC to achieve this. How many kids know who Deadpool is, as opposed to Wolverine,Spiderman etc?

Not Many kids do know who Deadpool is! And yes it is The Tim Drake version! I don't care bu I still think a Bruce banner fig will be in the Hulk set, because if Fury comes in the Quinjet( which I believe he will) and the second villain in the Cap set are exclusive to their respective sets, who will come in the Hulk set?

I'm surprised that the Spiderman set will include Doc Ock. I thought that LEGO would capitalize on the new Spiderman movie, starring the Lizard as the main villain.

I'm surprised that the Spiderman set will include Doc Ock. I thought that LEGO would capitalize on the new Spiderman movie, starring the Lizard as the main villain.

LEGO don't have the license to that movie. Mega Bloks does. Marvel/Disney aren't making that movie, SONY is.

LEGO don't have the license to that movie. Mega Bloks does. Marvel/Disney aren't making that movie, SONY is.

oh. :look: Thta's intriguing, since Disney owns Marvel, and since Spiderman is a Marvel creation, one would think that LEGO would have the license. It doesn't make much sense, though: to give the license to the bggest two rivals in the world of plastic bricks...

oh. :look: Thta's intriguing, since Disney owns Marvel, and since Spiderman is a Marvel creation, one would think that LEGO would have the license. It doesn't make much sense, though: to give the license to the bggest two rivals in the world of plastic bricks...

SONY owns the rights to make Spider-man movies. Marvel and Disney really have no control over who gets the license for that movie, as they don't own it. Same with the X-men and Fantastic Four movies, which are owned by FOX, I think.

SONY owns the rights to make Spider-man movies. Marvel and Disney really have no control over who gets the license for that movie, as they don't own it. Same with the X-men and Fantastic Four movies, which are owned by FOX, I think.

Same with Dare-Devil, which they are trying to reboot and keep from losing the rights. Apparently Fox is close to losing those rights until they pen the script which is what they are doing right now. This is what i could find on what fox owns: FROM

20th Century Fox

Daredevil: Daredevil/Matt Murdock, Elektra (Natchios), The Kingpin/Wilson Fisk, Bullseye, Jack Murdock, Karen Page, Ben Urich

Elektra: Christine Cord/Tatoo, Typhoid Mary/Marry Alice Walker, Kirigi, Stick, Stone

Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip “Hank” McCoy, [blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine “Kitty” Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert “Billy-Bob” Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan

X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

Thats my understanding that Twentieth Century Fox and Sony keep the rights as long as they keep making movies. I for one will be glad of the new spiderman/doc ock set as my one spiderman is looking a wee bit tired and I missed out on Doc Ock first time round

Thats my understanding that Twentieth Century Fox and Sony keep the rights as long as they keep making movies. I for one will be glad of the new spiderman/doc ock set as my one spiderman is looking a wee bit tired and I missed out on Doc Ock first time round

The spiderman and X-men sets are based on their comic versions, that's why lego can make those sets! Even though Wolverine has Hugh Jackman's face and hair, I would like to point out that in the comic Wolverine is made to look like Jackman's portrayal but still has Wolverine's iconic costume!