Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Hopefully we'll start hearing some leaked info about sets within the next few weeks. I've been dying to know ever since SDCC, where I thought for sure they would reveal the first wave.

They are making a Thor minifigure! I'm so excited for that.

Seriously, after I saw the movie Thor (long before these were revealed), I thought about how cool it would be to have Thor in LEGO form. It's great that it is actually happening.

All the super hero minifigures look pretty good. The larger figures don't look so good to me now, but they have nice recolors.

I too would love to see a Penguin figure, preferably the 60's one first. :wub:

I'm sure many would (I can think of one person here who'd probably particularly like to have as many versions of the Penguin as possible :wink: ), but I don't think that particular one is going to be made. As I understand it, the '60s TV show and movie (everything with Adam West as Batman) is one of the few Batman iterations not owned by DC parent company Warner Bros. (I believe Fox has the rights to that show and movie, though of course it was licensed from DC), so it's probably out of bounds for the deal, but I could be wrong.

Oh, the horror! :sing: Where is Pengy? WHERE IS PENGUIN?! :cry_sad:

That's another thing I was shocked about; that you initially didn't notice your absence from the minifig list. :snicker: It's sad indeed, but let's be honest, could TLG do any better than last time?

Has anyone else thought that this list could just be the january wave and there will be even more for a summer wave?

No, because it was said numerous times that the DC sets are the January wave and the Marvel ones the summer wave. Try to keep up! :wink:

Interesting list, thanks! Although it doesn't tell us much what the sets actually are. If the set number sequence is any indication of the set sizes, it seems that the Batcave could indeed just be a set in the $15-20 range. :sceptic:

It will be very disappointing if the Batcave is only a small set. I can picture it being a large set to kick off the line...

Hulk and Thor could be a very cool set. It might include some destroyed buildings and city scenery because of Hulk and Thor fighting.

Soma 'fan-art' photoshoped by myself:

lcpt8.jpg

(Yes I know I could made it look much better and the fact that Disney is also on it and not a part of any comic industry, but yet a very important. Especialy for those who both grew-up with LEGO and Disney aswell :wink:)

It will be very disappointing if the Batcave is only a small set. I can picture it being a large set to kick off the line...

Sure, we all could, but this fits with my earlier observation about the values of the prizes in the Superheroes contest - third prize is the Batcave set, plus a Batman t-shirt and a videogame, and all of that combined is supposed to have an estimated total retail value of just $50. Unless there's a mistake there, it does indicate the Batcave is a small set, and this rumored set list offers some corroboration, though of course it's not official.

All that site's info matches up with other things we have heard so I am taking it as FACT.

I already thought that it would be Superman VS Lex as there are the only characters from there series being made into figures as of yet. Lex could be in one of his Robots fighting Supes.

The amount of Batman Sets is disappointing though. The DC Lisence has many characters, like the rest of the Justice League (Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter.) as well as Green Arrow, The Question, Cheshire. :sceptic:

The Marvel Line-Up has a lot more variety though :thumbup: . I hope to see pictures soon to see if the Comic-Con figures really were exclusives or not. :sceptic:

The one thing can can not expect from Lego is all the hero's from DC and Marvel at the same time, if they sell well then we would expect then and only then an expanded range of good guys and bad guys. :wink:

Judging by that rumours list, there is no Ben10 style Wolverine - that will upset a lot of kids ! :laugh:

It's around September that we start seeing watermarked photos appearing here and there so hopefully not long to start seeing really what all the fuss is about eh ? :grin:

The one thing can can not expect from Lego is all the hero's from DC and Marvel at the same time, if they sell well then we would expect then and only then an expanded range of good guys and bad guys. :wink:

Judging by that rumours list, there is no Ben10 style Wolverine - that will upset a lot of kids ! :laugh:

It's around September that we start seeing watermarked photos appearing here and there so hopefully not long to start seeing really what all the fuss is about eh ? :grin:

Didn't one of the press releases say that there will be Batman sets released to accompany The Dark Knight Rises in the summer?

Didn't one of the press releases say that there will be Batman sets released to accompany The Dark Knight Rises in the summer?

Yes, there was a press release stating that, but sets from that movie....heck Warner Bros. wouldn't want us to know who's in and who's out of the film eh ? :devil:

The Avengers is also a movie tie-in, as too Spiderman ! :wink:

I feel this is a whole new theme of Lego that could be long running due to the large number of super heroes from both DC and Marvel.

I really hope that those who have said that Lego doesn't have the rights to make sets for the "Amazing Spider-Man" upcoming movie are right. I would hate to have to stand a Spider-Man minifigure with that ugly suit design for the film rather than the classic one. In fact, I'd love it if the minifigure was closer to the classic suit than the previous versions (no silver, for instance).

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Yes, there was a press release stating that, but sets from that movie....heck Warner Bros. wouldn't want us to know who's in and who's out of the film eh ? :devil:

I feel this is a whole new theme of Lego that could be long running due to the large number of super heroes from both DC and Marvel.

Actually the Spiderman set with Doc Ock and Spidey isn't based on movie, as Marvel doesn't have licenses to any of the recent films (Stupid I know). Purely Comic-Book style like the X-Men Sets. According to the rumors this set will likely be coming out in the summer or be an exclusive.

I'm not convinced there will be sets based on The Dark Knight Rises despite the press release, but if they are it's likely they will come out in the summer. The DC minifigs we have seen are all based on the comics apart from the Promo Figures which were Movie-GreenLantern and Batman based on the 2008 Film. I don't know why they would bother to make Comic versions of Bats, Cats and Bane when they are going to have to make Movie Versions later on in the year and If they are making a Batman-Intensive Summerline it's odd they would devote the Winter line to Batman as well bar a few exceptions.

Hopefully LEGO Superheroes is the new Stars-Wars and goes on for years, not just one year.

I really hope that those who have said that Lego doesn't have the rights to make sets for the "Amazing Spider-Man" upcoming movie are right. I would hate to have to stand a Spider-Man minifigure with that ugly suit design for the film rather than the classic one. In fact, I'd love it if it was closer to the classic suit than the previous versions (no silver, for instance).

LEGO doesn't have a SONY license, and SONY is the company making the new Spiderman movie, so LEGO won't have movie based sets. I don't think anything is stopping LEGO from releasing Spiderman sets at the same time though. I wonder if Mega Bloks goes after the SONY license....

LEGO doesn't have a SONY license, and SONY is the company making the new Spiderman movie, so LEGO won't have movie based sets. I don't think anything is stopping LEGO from releasing Spiderman sets at the same time though. I wonder if Mega Bloks goes after the SONY license....

Whew, that was a close call! I think that Lego is very likely to take advantage of the momentum. Maybe we'll see Spider-Man villains never seen in films? In my opinion, the potential of Spider-Man villains is close to that of Batman villains. Carnage, Venom, Green Goblin, Electro, Sandman, the Lizard, you name it. And I also wanted a black Spider-Man so badly :wub: . Hopefully we'll have it on this round!

If the rumored list is true, you have to wonder what will become of the Green Lantern. He isn't mentioned anywhere. On the DC side of things this line sounds like a Batman line with a few A-list cameos from Supes, Luthor and Wonderwoman. If his Comic Con fig is the only LEGO version of Green Lantern made available, prices will go through the roof! The absence of other heroes is a bit disappointing though.

I'm guessing Wonder Woman will be in the Superman VS. Lex Luthor set, you know, to give him backup. Not that Mister Perfect would need any. :hmpf: (Yes, I'm not a Supes fan either.)

As for Green Lantern... No idea. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

All About Bricks does a nice job of explaining what the majority of the DC sets will include. However, most of the details for the Marvel sets are unknown. Here I am going to take a few sentences to speculate( read; guess) what some of them might include.

6865 Captain America, depending on if they base this set off the movie vs. the comics it could include the original Quin jet or the Captain's motorcycle.

6866 X-Men: I would say the Blackbird is a good bet here.

6867 Iron Man: This one I don't have a clue since Iron Man doesn't tool around in many cool vehicles besides his suit. Perhaps they will include an unknown baddie with an iconic vehicle to go along with it. The Avengers mansion seems too pedestrian for a set here.

6868 Hulk and Thor: I really think that this will be from the upcoming Avengers movie and it will include the updated Quin jet. Why another Quin jet you scream? Well, besides the fact that it would be completely different version than the one used by the Cap. in WW II, it is one of the few well known vehicles in the Avengers saga.

6869 Avengers: This one has to be the Helicarrier. If it's not then, well I will might cry like a small girl.

So there you have it, my uneducated guesses at what the future Marvel sets might include. Feel free to clap me on the back for being a genius or call me a flippin idiot.

If the rumored list is true, you have to wonder what will become of the Green Lantern. He isn't mentioned anywhere. On the DC side of things this line sounds like a Batman line with a few A-list cameos from Supes, Luthor and Wonderwoman. If his Comic Con fig is the only LEGO version of Green Lantern made available, prices will go through the roof! The absence of other heroes is a bit disappointing though.

I am also worried because of the absence of Green Lantern..

Maybe they are saving him for the future?

Or maybe he will appear in an exclusive set that we don't know about yet. :wink:

Good guesses, djmangunz. :thumbup: Though I wouldn't go as far as to call you a genius. :laugh: