Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Actually, in the first wave the only x-men set is the Wolverine Chopper Showdown. That scene is from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie. Magneto isn't even in that movie. The main villain would be Striker. I forgot some things about him in the movie, but I do know he wanted him dead. It could be SaberTooth though, he was a villain in the movie.

Except, as others have said, it's not based on the movie.

I think the sets will contain the "alien" enemies that will be in the new film. The aliens would not be a part of the press release seeing as how they would spoil the movie for some. But I can assure you that Loki has found "friends" while falling through time and space, and they work together to wage war on earth which is why in the trailer people are always shooting up. Think of them as the henchman and the guard from this DC wave.

Of course, I didn't even think that there might be generic bad guys included after the DC wave which only had one generic Police Officer (unless you count the henchmen, but they were included with larger villains). Of course, it is based on a movie, so it would probably follow different rules than the comic/cartoon based DC wave (and the X-men/Spider-man sets I'll bet).

Oh, and to FBTB Tim (whose post I forgot to quote :blush: ), I'd like to see that article if you can find it :classic:

Oh, and to FBTB Tim (whose post I forgot to quote :blush: ), I'd like to see that article if you can find it :classic:

It is thick with supposed (because some of them are nuts) spoilers, so I'll just copy what it said about the LEGO sets:

The small Cap set - Cap and Fury

Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - Loki, Cap, Thor

Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout - Hulk, Widow, Iron Man, Cap

Quinjet Aerial Battle - Thor, Hawkeye, Widow, Iron Man

It is thick with supposed (because some of them are nuts) spoilers, so I'll just copy what it said about the LEGO sets:

It sounds like these are new scenes from the upcoming Avengers movie?

Eh, sorta glad we haven't seen any photos yet. The super hero stuff was a mild let down, I'm sorta worried about the marvel wave.

It sounds like these are new scenes from the upcoming Avengers movie?

Yes thats usualy the deal with liscensed sets. (star wars being the expection sometimes)

I need to find it, but a MovieWeb post said the two figs in the Cap set are Cap and Fury.

this (the LEGO part) - DON'T Click if you do not want to read heavy spoilers about the movie :

http://www.movieweb.com/news/marvels-the-avengers-full-plot-details-revealed

came up from this :

http://www.brickheroes.com/2012/01/red-skull-sera-dans-the-avengers-et-dans-un-set-lego/

and this :

http://www.brickheroes.com/2011/12/super-heroes-2eme-vague-2012-recapitulatif/

Where I was ESTIMATING and GUESSING, as I mention clearly this, but maybe Google Translation does not the job very well, the possible minifigs in every set starting from the official list of minifigs published by LEGO some time ago....

Red Skull will be in the movie, this is confirmed anyway, then he could be in the 6865 - Captain America’s™ Avenging Cycle set together with the Cap

Edited by willybob

I'm really excited to see the finished avengers minifigures

I just notcied that the comic con iron man minifigure's mask isnt colored correctly, wich is part of why the mask looks so big, lets hope lego colors it correctly in the final minifigures. here are quick images to show what I mean.

iron-man.jpg

legoavengers.jpglegoavengersa.jpg

Edited by deskp

I think the scale is too big, not just the coloring. I saw someone do a customized version and they printed the helmet on a headpiece and it looked as close to perfection as possible. The Iron Man armor is sleek, so I'd want the Lego counterpart to be sleek as well, thus, not out of scale.

Oh well, I still can't wait to see the Marvel picture release!

Thank you. :sweet:

this (the LEGO part) - DON'T Click if you do not want to read heavy spoilers about the movie :

http://www.movieweb.com/news/marvels-the-avengers-full-plot-details-revealed

came up from this :

http://www.brickheroes.com/2012/01/red-skull-sera-dans-the-avengers-et-dans-un-set-lego/

and this :

http://www.brickheroes.com/2011/12/super-heroes-2eme-vague-2012-recapitulatif/

Where I was ESTIMATING and GUESSING, as I mention clearly this, but maybe Google Translation does not the job very well, the possible minifigs in every set starting from the official list of minifigs published by LEGO some time ago....

Red Skull will be in the movie, this is confirmed anyway, then he could be in the 6865 - Captain America’s™ Avenging Cycle set together with the Cap

So the minifigure list comes from your blog? So we shouldn't trust it? (Not saying that you're guesses are bad, I'm asking if it is confirmed or not.) :wacko:

Edit: looking at that last link again, the set list that they had seems to be exactly what you wrote, just translated, right down to the + motorcycle/helicarrier bit.

Edited by Superficial Username

So basically we will have multiples of almost every Marvel hero if we buy all the sets. Interesting..

I really hope they have Loki's helmet!!! I would buy multiples of that for sure.

And I am excited to see Hawkeye in Lego form. He was always my favorite Avenger. In fact, that was my code name when we would play random role playing games as children.

So basically we will have multiples of almost every Marvel hero if we buy all the sets. Interesting..

Yeah, even Black Widow. I don't believe it. It seems too good to be true after DC where only Batman, Robin, and Joker were in multiple sets. I'll wait until willy bob replies though, and confirms that it's his speculation publicized, which seems to be the case. :sceptic:

Edited by Superficial Username

Thank you. :sweet:

So the minifigure list comes from your blog? So we shouldn't trust it? (Not saying that you're guesses are bad, I'm asking if it is confirmed or not.) :wacko:

Edit: looking at that last link again, the set list that they had seems to be exactly what you wrote, just translated, right down to the + motorcycle/helicarrier bit.

Of course it comes from me, but the purpose was not to declare something, but to put my guess for my readers... Which is what I say in this article...in french

Some people should have a closer look when they paste and copy... or at least take a few seconds to read the text around the pics and/or the list of sets...

SO, I did put the french text into google translation :

Les sets qui sortiront (la liste est confirmée) avec mon estimation du prix de vente maximal et des minifigs potentiellement livrées dans chaque set (qui n’engage que moi) :

which gives :

Sets that come out (the list is confirmed) with my estimate of the maximum sale price and minifigs potentially delivered in each set (that is only my opinion):

so, it confirms, they don't read.

Edited by willybob

Of course it comes from me, but the purpose was not to declare something, but to put my guess for my readers... Which is what I say in this article...in french

Some people should have a closer look when they paste and copy... or at least take a few seconds to read the text around the pics and/or the list of sets...

*snip*

so, it confirms, they don't read.

Okay then, they do need to read closer. :hmpf: Back to square one again with who goes where. :hmpf_bad: Should give us something to do until Toy Fair.

I'm really excited to see the finished avengers minifigures

I just notcied that the comic con iron man minifigure's mask isnt colored correctly, wich is part of why the mask looks so big, lets hope lego colors it correctly in the final minifigures. here are quick images to show what I mean.

iron-man.jpg

legoavengers.jpglegoavengersa.jpg

Looking at those images I don't know what I'm supposed to notice. Do you mean the eyes not glowing white? I think TLG's Iron Man mask is just painted with a simplified version of the color scheme, not necessarily a "wrong" one - the basic details are still correct (mostly red, with a gold face starting along that seam). But it's also worth remembering this was a preliminary figure; I suspect the final one will retain the basic paint application but include some finer paint detail (whiter eyes? Black at the mouth slit?).

I also agree simply printing Iron Man's mask / helmet directly onto a minifigure head would work beautifully, but I do understand they went with this molded helmet in order to allow the mask to flip open like the "real" one, and I can see some value in that even if it means having the big helmet (it's not like other minifigures don't already have huge heads compared to their bodies anyway; I don't think Iron Man will look that out of place, ultimately). But I could also see them doing a simple minifigure head print on a different Iron Man figure in some future set.

Looking at those images I don't know what I'm supposed to notice. Do you mean the eyes not glowing white? I think TLG's Iron Man mask is just painted with a simplified version of the color scheme, not necessarily a "wrong" one - the basic details are still correct (mostly red, with a gold face starting along that seam). But it's also worth remembering this was a preliminary figure; I suspect the final one will retain the basic paint application but include some finer paint detail (whiter eyes? Black at the mouth slit?).

I also agree simply printing Iron Man's mask / helmet directly onto a minifigure head would work beautifully, but I do understand they went with this molded helmet in order to allow the mask to flip open like the "real" one, and I can see some value in that even if it means having the big helmet (it's not like other minifigures don't already have huge heads compared to their bodies anyway; I don't think Iron Man will look that out of place, ultimately). But I could also see them doing a simple minifigure head print on a different Iron Man figure in some future set.

He means that the chin on the minifigure we saw at Comic-Con is completely gold, whereas Iron Man's usual depiction has a red stripe across the chin. In the second and third pics, the one on the left is the one that was at Comic-Con and the one on the right is edited to have a more appropriate chin design. I agree this helps the look of the helmet, although there are some who would still feel it is too bulky.

In general I think another solution to make Iron Man feel less disproportionate would be to give him an armor piece that bulks up the torso and shoulders. However, since they didn't do that for the Comic-Con figure, I don't really expect them to for the final set.

I am hoping to get all the marvel sets, especially the Loki set.. Loki is my favorite marvel villain and I'm curious how well they do him.

Edited by Zergos

Now that Amazon US has them in, I ordered the set with Supes and am looking forward to it. This may be the first set I've put together in a decade! Overall the DC assortment reminds me too much of why I had grown bored with LEGO . . . not much originality. You have an immense amount of material to work with, and all you can come up with is redone Batman sets? I don't have much faith in them, but I do hope they prove me wrong. At least I have Avengers to look forward to :classic:

I'd wish that they'd do a printed head piece for Iron Man, with an alt. Tony Stark face with black hair. With Cap. America, though, they should do a modified helmet with eyeholes.

There where so many page on this topic, so I´ll just ask. Does anybody know will Superheroes come to Europe this time and Finland. Last time there were something like this I didn`t see any of those sets here? Thanks and sorry if it already posted some where :blush:

The helmet does look a bit big. I also think they could use an ordinary motorist helmet from city. That one doesn't look so big and bulky. They could just put the details on that one. Puting the eyes a bit lower - where normal minifig has them would help a lot, so that the forehead doesn't need to be so high ... But I don't have a problem with big heads since I mainly collect Clone Wars figs :D

He means that the chin on the minifigure we saw at Comic-Con is completely gold, whereas Iron Man's usual depiction has a red stripe across the chin. In the second and third pics, the one on the left is the one that was at Comic-Con and the one on the right is edited to have a more appropriate chin design. I agree this helps the look of the helmet, although there are some who would still feel it is too bulky.

In general I think another solution to make Iron Man feel less disproportionate would be to give him an armor piece that bulks up the torso and shoulders. However, since they didn't do that for the Comic-Con figure, I don't really expect them to for the final set.

Goodness, I don't know how I missed the edited chin. :wacko: But it does appear a pretty small detail, although I think I see what you mean about helping the look of the overall helmet.

I really hope they don't go the way of a bulky armor piece. And I do think a simple printed minifigure head is fairly likely at some point if the theme goes on long enough.

I really hope they don't go the way of a bulky armor piece. And I do think a simple printed minifigure head is fairly likely at some point if the theme goes on long enough.

I think the Hockey player piece would work pretty well.

Edited by deskp

About Iron Man's helmet, I don't have a huge problem with it, sure it looks strange, but seeing that paint job that a user gave the chin (making it dark red), I though it looked a lot nicer. So, if LEGO could just add red to the chin and clean the helmet up a little bit (whiter eyes), I'd be good with it.

Though we should keep in mind that when we saw the marvel figures they all had toros decals (the faces might of been too, I don't remember), so it is possible that Iron Man's helmet will get smaller, it was likely a prototype.

I don't think that they will turn back on the helmet now and give him a printed head, though it may look nicer, they've already put the money into developing the helmet. If this line lasts longer than the average licensed theme (more than two years I think), it is possible Iron Man will get a makeover.

I think the Hockey player piece would work pretty well.

I think that would look nice, and it was recently used on Savage Opress, so it should still be in production.