Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Good to see, even though I don't agree with some of those comments. I find it funny how they were saying that the first Joker wasn't as cartoony though, because it's based on the Mark Hamill one from Batman: The Animated Series.

I always thought that the older Joker minifig was based on Jack Nicholson's character from Tim Burton's movie.

I always thought that the older Joker minifig was based on Jack Nicholson's character from Tim Burton's movie.

A lot of the old Batman figures are based upon BTAS. :wink:

Sorry to do this, can't look through all the pages - have we found out which set is supposed to contain nick fury?

No, we don't know for sure. But the Marvel press release said that he'd be available in the sets based on The X-men (comic books), and so far, the only X-men set that we know of is 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown.

Does anyone know when European countries will be able to order the Super Hero Sets on the official Lego-website?

I know the USA & UK are able to order them. How long does it usually take between the UK and the EU-countries to order the sets on the official website?

Thanks in advance and Happy Newyear! :wink:

No, we don't know for sure. But the Marvel press release said that he'd be available in the sets based on The X-men (comic books), and so far, the only X-men set that we know of is 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown.

But the thing is, I don't think Nick Fury was ever in X-men. I think he might be in the Helicarrier, which seems to be the Avengers base. :classic:

EDIT: Artifex has his

up on youtube. Check it out! :sweet: Edited by K-nut

But the thing is, I don't think Nick Fury was ever in X-men. I think he might be in the Helicarrier, which seems to be the Avengers base. :classic:

EDIT: Artifex has his

up on youtube. Check it out! :sweet:

Yeah, I know it's weird, but the press release says, and I quote:

"The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters. The LEGO Marvel’s The Avengers movie line brings such ever popular Marvel characters as Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Black Widow to LEGO minifigure form. The LEGO X-Men collection includes minifigure comic versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury and Deadpool, while the LEGO Spider-Man sets offer minifigure comic versions of Spider-Man, and Doctor Octopus. The first buildable characters in the LEGO SUPER HEROES collection are highlighted by Captain America, The Hulk and Iron Man. "

And thanks for that link, I don't know if I should watch it though as I'm about to order my Batcave from LEGO.com. I guess it couldn't hurt though... :devil:

Yeah, I know it's weird, but the press release says, and I quote:

I asked my brother about Nick Fury and he said that he's basically in everything Marvel, so he could really be in any of the Marvel sets. :sceptic: I got my Batcave about two days ago and I'll say, it was a very enjoyable build, and a great set nonetheless. I thoroughly recommend it to any Bat fan. Plus the Minifigs! :wub:

I asked my brother about Nick Fury and he said that he's basically in everything Marvel, so he could really be in any of the Marvel sets. :sceptic: I got my Batcave about two days ago and I'll say, it was a very enjoyable build, and a great set nonetheless. I thoroughly recommend it to any Bat fan. Plus the Minifigs! :wub:

Alright, I know little about Marvel, but that doesn't surprise me, he works for the government, right?

Good to hear that you like the Batcave, I haven't heard too much about it, but I'm glad to hear it isn't recieving as much hate as when we first saw it, but that image was really bright.

The X-Men sets will have a comic version of Nick Fury, which I'm guessing means this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury_%28Earth-616%29

The Avengers movie sets will no doubt contain a version of Nick Fury that looks more like this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury_%28Earth-1610%29

And hopefully he'll introduce a Lego trench coat piece. There are so many things I would do with some Lego trench coats.

I don't know if he'll appear in the Avengers sets, it would make more sense than X-men, but he wasn't listed as one of the minifigures being there in the press release. Of course, LEGO may of just not wanted to repeat his name for two franchises.

I asked my brother about Nick Fury and he said that he's basically in everything Marvel...

Ooh, they better not only make original Nick Fury. Not doing the Samuel L. Jackson version would be a crime.

The X-Men sets will have a comic version of Nick Fury, which I'm guessing means this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury_%28Earth-616%29

The Avengers movie sets will no doubt contain a version of Nick Fury that looks more like this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nicholas_Fury_%28Earth-1610%29

And hopefully he'll introduce a Lego trench coat piece. There are so many things I would do with some Lego trench coats.

sorry I completely missed that, yeah. that was all i had to say up there.

I hope you're 100% right

They'd likely go with the Samuel Jackson Nick Fury. One, he's going to be in a major movie, and two, he's Samuel L. Jackson. End of discussion. :)

I just ordered the Batcave, but right before I did, it went on backorder. It will ship in about 30 days (with my experience it's usually less). Just my luck. :hmpf_bad:

Edit: But on the bright side, I was able to take advantage of their clearance and got some pretty good deals (like that Pharaoh's Quest battle pack for only $3 or $4). :classic:

Edited by Superficial Username

2 Super Heroes promos sets were revealed.

30160 Bat Jetski

30160.jpg

30161 Batmobile

30161.jpg

seems nice to get a batman minifig in a small set.

Instruction available in LEGO.com

Neat! I really like that Batmobile! The Bat-Jetski could be better (or at least less colorful, just like everything in this theme) but it does seem like a nice way to get a black Batman. :thumbup:

Thanks, whung!

Its strange how for 6858 it shows batman with a cape when he doesnt come with one in the set.

The wing looks great but I wish the set came with a cape, too. Is a template available so I can make my own?

Now you don't have to be a genius to see this poly bagger will be popular.......

30160.jpg

I can see this being one of those newspaper promo's ? :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Now you don't have to be a genius to see this poly bagger will be popular.......

Another set to look forward to! I bought the Catwoman set because my first preference was the blue/grey Batman. But I'd like to add the black one, too, and this would provide a template for a blue cape. :tongue:

If those two promo sets end up in a UK sun or similar promotion, I can see that Black Batman being as popular as Jack Sparrow was when they gave hime away. That'll be an early day at WH Smiths........

I need that Batmobile!! Why isn't it on eBay yet??

These are for all of 2012 I believe and it's only January 1st. Have a little patience. :wink: Plus you could always build your own.