Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

No sign of them in Germany yet. Which is good. More time to save up money :laugh:

I know what you mean. It's going to be an expensive January.! These things are going to see out very quickly I think

Well LOTR is true, but the fine print.....

Warner Bros.' Lego-made DC toys are also expected to hit store shelves next year, the same time Lego will also release its Marvel line, tied to Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" and Disney's "The Avengers."

That's from the Variety article talking about the LOTR deal......so did MB lose the movie license as well eh ? :wink:

Well LOTR is true, but the fine print.....

Warner Bros.' Lego-made DC toys are also expected to hit store shelves next year, the same time Lego will also release its Marvel line, tied to Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" and Disney's "The Avengers."

That's from the Variety article talking about the LOTR deal......so did MB lose the movie license as well eh ? :wink:

I think this thread has some more insight into this, but generally, I do indeed think MB has probably lost the 'Amazing Spiderman' license. They've lost licences already, such as Cars and PotC, and I think studio's and marketeers are increasingly interested in the higher quality of designs and products and better known brandname of Lego when it comes to toy licensing for movies. I guess they've seen that MB only catered to kids with their licensed sets, while the Lego brand can also attract an older (and richer!) audience to the licensed products, AND that licenced Lego sets can cater to an additional larger audience who are perhaps not fans of the specific movie which is marketed, but who are fans of Lego.

It's funny, I remember that about 5 years ago, Lego said they would be moving away from licensed sets... Looks like that decision has been well and truly reversed.

Edited by Alldarker

My Catwoman, Two-Face, and Funhouse sets shipped on the 14th and I got a confirmation today. According to FedEx tracking, they're supposed to arrive tomorrow..? *huh* I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Same here, I checked this morning and they are on the truck here in town set to be delivered today. Now just have to find a good hiding spot until Christmas!

EDIT: Fedex showed up today, Superheroes are here :laugh:

I would love to show pictures, but you know what the boxes look like, and these won't get opened until Christmas, and I'm sure others will here will have theirs by then to show and give a rundown. If not, I would be happy to.

Edited by LegoDad

Same here, I checked this morning and they are on the truck here in town set to be delivered today. Now just have to find a good hiding spot until Christmas!

EDIT: Fedex showed up today, Superheroes are here :laugh:

I would love to show pictures, but you know what the boxes look like, and these won't get opened until Christmas, and I'm sure others will here will have theirs by then to show and give a rundown. If not, I would be happy to.

Good luck! Mine just arrived! I'm resisting opening anything until Christmas, but here's a brief rundown of the Funhouse box as I don't think it's been discussed:

2955mdt.jpg

It's the same size as Batwing Battle's box, but with 102 more pieces inside it buldges slightly, making you feel like all of The Joker's chaos is about to pop out of the box :cry_happy:

29238yd.jpg

The back has the same "comic book panels" layout as the other sets in the line. Its images/artwork look like the same ones we've seen before. Also, assuming the box graphics are correct, I can confirm that we do get the 2006/2007 version of Riddler's face print, along with another of his new bowler hats in the Riddle booth.

Does anyone know which retailer is going to have the Funhouse? It's an exclusive, right?

Well, the box art doesn't indicate 'special edition' which usually means in the licensed world - exclusive ! :wink:

Better not be, I don't want to pay that TRU tax ! :laugh:

Good luck! Mine just arrived! I'm resisting opening anything until Christmas, but here's a brief rundown of the Funhouse box as I don't think it's been discussed:

It's the same size as Batwing Battle's box, but with 102 more pieces inside it buldges slightly, making you feel like all of The Joker's chaos is about to pop out of the box :cry_happy:

Lucky :oh3: I won't get mine until just before February (when I have money for most everything else too). Even if you don't open yours, I hope we can see a review. And you just had to make it sound so appealing with a bulging box :wub_drool: Hope somebody posts a review before Christmas :sweet:

Also, assuming the box graphics are correct, I can confirm that we do get the 2006/2007 version of Riddler's face print, along with another of his new bowler hats in the Riddle booth.

Good to know. Yay for extras :thumbup::laugh:

Lucky :oh3: I won't get mine until just before February (when I have money for most everything else too). Even if you don't open yours, I hope we can see a review. And you just had to make it sound so appealing with a bulging box :wub_drool:Hope somebody posts a review before Christmas :sweet:

2 video's of the 6875 sets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quwMUAIjNQw

vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl4V7thgqEs

Holy Flash Batman!

That was fast :wink:

EDIT: Watched the first one, that was the first time I saw Robin's backprinting and some different angles of the Batcycle (which is pretty bad, but still gives me some ideas for a BatgirlCycle I'm working on).

EDIT2: Just watching through the second video, and it seems to include a brick separator, like the Two-Face set.

EDIT3: Robin has a different hairpiece in the comic, interesting

Edited by Superficial Username

Hey i have been following this for a while now and have been meaning to post this that i made a LEGO Super Heroes Wiki http://legosuperheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity its not bad but not really that good either. and heres some pictures (sorry if they have been posted before)

Batman_back_priting.png

Wonder_woman_back.png

Lex_luther_back.png

6858_comic-2.jpg

6862_comic-3.jpg

I know that the pictures are big but i dont know how to resize them.

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

Hi, I'm new here so if this isn't the place for wishful thinking, I could voice this in the general forum. My son and I were talking about how we would love to see a series of the minifigures be strictly superhero related. There could be a various themed series, or an entire DC series followed by an entire Marvel series, etc.

Would anyone else like to see that? It could even be a seperate series to the ongoing minfigure line. My boy talks about this all the time so I thought I would post it here.

Thanks for this site. It's a lot of fun and some of the creative builds we've seen here are amazing.

Hi, I'm new here so if this isn't the place for wishful thinking, I could voice this in the general forum. My son and I were talking about how we would love to see a series of the minifigures be strictly superhero related. There could be a various themed series, or an entire DC series followed by an entire Marvel series, etc.

Would anyone else like to see that? It could even be a seperate series to the ongoing minfigure line. My boy talks about this all the time so I thought I would post it here.

I would love a theme like that but i doubt that LEGO would do a licenced minifigures theme.

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

Interesting new for us Aussie's today, well at least for those living in Adelaide....March 31/April 1 2012....Oz Comic-Con, nothing like timing is there.....fingers crossed that Lego are there will oh, I don't know say....Iron Man or Thor eh ? :wink:

I might make a phone call to Lego Australia and ask if they are coming. :classic:

Would anyone else like to see that? It could even be a seperate series to the ongoing minfigure line.

This is something I would love to see and would make tons of sense. Considering how many characters are in both Marvel and DC universes, the would be the best way to get heroes and villains that would not normally be in the regular sets.

They could treat it like Minimates or DC universe and do a few core characters in each wave along with B- and C-list characters.

With DC for example, if they followed the 16 figure per series formula, you could have some mainstays like Flash, Martian Manhunter, Darkseid, some alternate costume Batman or Superman figs, and then some members of the JSA, Teen Titans, Secret Six, etc.

Who do you guys think will be in each of the marvel sets? I'm just curious.

I think that these will be the minifigures in the Marvel sets:

6865 Captain America Avenging Cycle - Captain America, Red Skull

6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown - Deadpool, Magneto, Wolverine

6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - Loki, Thor

6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout - Hulk,

6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle - Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Nick Fury

I would love to see Sabretooth in 6866 and some SHIELD agents in 6868.

I don't think we'll get Red Skull in 6865. He wasn't listed as one of the 13 minifigures (or so) in the press release, and that turned out pretty accurate for DC (disregarding henchmen and guards). The press release said that Nick Fury was part of the X-men line btw

I would love to see Sabretooth in 6866 and some SHIELD agents in 6868.

I don't think we'll se Sabretooth this wave, but SHIELD agents would be generic enough to evade mention in the press release (like henchmen), I think.

Edited by Superficial Username

^^Oooh, glad to see an actual pic of the cave. I'm more excited about the batcycle now, seeing it without a minifig.

Let's see if anyone is impatient enough to pay the 500 plus 20 for shipping....