Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

First Superman character on eBay?

Is this too much for this figure, or a good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-nycc-comic-con-lego-superman-sdcc-dc-exclusive-very-limited-and-HTF-/290620393185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aa5346e1

What do you think?

Are they limited to 200 as we heard earlier?

Personally, I think that if you can be a little patient, you can pay a fraction of the cost for Superman and get wonder woman, lex luther, and a sweet battle-suit!

Just found this on FBTB.net: :sad:

Sorry to say that this wasn't up for display at the DC booth yet. It was hard enough to get the people running the booth to get the minifigures out. Batman and Green Lantern were given out today, and Superman is supposedly tomorrow. I'll be at NYCC the rest of the weekend, so I'll report things as they appear. Nothing yet though. All they had on display were Arkham City merchandise and DC figurines. No LEGO at all until the employee whipped out the big cardboard box labeled "LEGO Batman," at which point he was swarmed by a small mob. It took two trips through the line just to get one of each minifigure.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I think this was from last night, so tomorrow would be today, at least :classic:

Edited by Superficial Username

Well, now that I've seen all the new pics, I can give my opinions:

Catwoman Battle: I don't like it, it's like they made the old set again just to ruin the rarity of the fig.

Batcopter vs Joker: I love the new Joker. That is all.

Lex Luthor Mech: I can see this being a store exclusive set. That is all.

Two Face Chase: Same opinion as Catwoman.

Batcave: I love it. It's campy like the Adam West Batman movie. I am hoping that there will a couple design changes to cut down on the ton of stickers.

Sets I hope will be in the next wave:

Arkham Asylum: Like the old one, but will have Clayface.

Batcopter Vs. Penguins Submarine: Adam West Batman, Robin, a Batcopter, and a big, detailed The Penguins submarine. Come with a shark, the great white variant so that, he can grasp onto Batman.

Some Marvel Vs. DC set.

A set with Martian Manhunter.

A set with Aquaman

Honestly, I am not a fan of these sets. The colors and the designs seem geared toward kids, dazzle them with vibrant colors! Thank god I have the original Two-Face set because the color scheme of the new minifigs suit is fugly. What is that, orange and blue? I don't mind the Catwoman set being a repeat since I never got the original. I needs to get me mits on that Catwoman minifig, and the fact that it comes with a blue Batman is a bonus. Not a fan of the new Batcaze, but I love the minifigs that accompany the set. I wouldn't mind having Bane, but Poison Ivy and that new Robin (looks like Tim Drake) are the real prizes. I'll be picking up the Superman vs. Lex Luthor set purely for the minifigs. I am not a fan of mechs, but it doesn't look too bad.

That bat-cave is nowhere near as good as the last one.

As for the others, I will reserve judgement until better pictures appear.

Not as big as the one Superficial Username posted 4 pages ago :tongue:

Oh, okay then. It seems this topic is almost as crazy as the SW topic! :laugh:

A couple of pics from NYCC have appeared on the DC comics page on facebook:

They're both here.

A little blurry, but it looks nicer here than in the official images, and is that Bruce Wayne I see :thumbup:

A blurry picture of Bruce Wayne at least.

I don't get why they aren't showing any of the other sets though?

Probably because this is a specified prize for a contest

Edited by Superficial Username

Probably because this is a specified prize for a contest

There were going to have the bat cave be a contest prize?

Were they, like, giving it to the 1000th person to pick up a minifig or something? Or do you mean the Superheroes contest?

There were going to have the bat cave be a contest prize?

Were they, like, giving it to the 1000th person to pick up a minifig or something? Or do you mean the Superheroes contest?

The Superheroes contest

Well, FBTB have finally posted their NYCC report, and it includes pictures of Bruce Wayne and Robin's second face, as well as the back side of Bane and Superman. It also confirms the elevator play feature theory. It looks like there are two platforms: One at the top that you place Bruce Wayne on, and one with Batman that is hidden inside the transformation chamber. You pull a pin in the back, and Bruce falls into the chamber while pushing down the platform with Bats, which drops down below.

But I have to say, I don't like the cartoony look of Bruce Wayne and Bane at all. Bane's back printing isn't nearly as detailed as that of the first Bane, and Bruce doesn't even really look like Bruce Wayne. :hmpf_bad:

Robin's "Holy Moly, Batman!!" face is priceless though. :laugh:

I think Bruce is great, except his hairpiece maybe..it just doesn't suit him...

I agree with Oky about Robin's "Holy moly Batman" face :laugh:

Batman's motorbike is ok I guess, could have filled some of those Technic holes..

Maybe it is just me, but I think the bike looks awesome. :sweet:

Also, I think that the choice was made to resemble Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, in which case I think he looks brilliant.

Edited by tj19941994

Maybe it is just me, but I think the bike looks awesome. :sweet:

Also, I think that the choice was made to resemble Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, in which case I think he looks brilliant.

I agree, this set actually looks quite good now. I think the pros of this set are the minifigures, vehicles and the price. I'm a fan of the redesigned figures, better than getting more of the same. The downside is obviously the cartoony, <insert that tiresome argument> look of the Batcave itself.

Fantastic Bruce Wayne Lego have designed, and a cool Bat-cycle.....how I'm I going to hide this from the wife - my son and I are just going to have too much fun - I know mum can be Poison Ivy ! :laugh:

Pity nothing on the Avengers or other Marvel themes yet ? :wink:

I agree, this set actually looks quite good now. I think the pros of this set are the minifigures, vehicles and the price. I'm a fan of the redesigned figures, better than getting more of the same. The downside is obviously the cartoony, <insert that tiresome argument> look of the Batcave itself.

I'm really not seeing this whole overly cartoony vibe that everyone else is getting (any more) I think that came across in the box arts, but not so much in real life. Sure, it is more colourful, but I found the last batcave a bit boring because it was so grey. This one is way more modern, I mean, the last one had candles for pete's sake! I also love that it is more compact, for example, in the old set the prison was huge and a bit meh (except for the tube at the back, which was quite cool. Saying that this one has a great deal of detail and seems far more playable. I do this there are less comic book references (i.e. the dinosaur and sword in the last batcave,) That aside I am really starting to love this set and cannot wait to buy it.

I don't like the face and the hairpiece of Bruce Wayne. Doesn't look like him. :hmpf_bad: Also, I'm not glad about Bane, his face and backprint could have been better. Robin's second face is brilliant, though, but I'm propably not getting the set. :sceptic:

OK, these pics make it look much better. But I'm still not getting it. :hmpf_bad: