Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Well, id does look campy, it does look more suitable for LEGO, but still..... Sometrhing is wrong here. Either its the colours, or the general idea, I don't know.

No Alfred.

Could have been worse. :look:

Could have been better. :hmpf_bad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

P.S.

I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy! :laugh:

Edited by The Penguin

Weirdly enough, I love it. The only thing I think the other one had on it's side was it's size. But the upbeat, technologically advanced style suits batman far better.

well I like it

not thrilled with the Bat Cycle though

Now I want to know what TDKR sets we are getting, Bat Tumbler, Bat pod, Bat wing? :drool:

not thrilled with the Bat Cycle though

Now I want to know what TDKR sets we are getting, Bat Tumbler, Bat pod, Bat wing? :drool:

Those were actually my guesses for TDKR, as I doubt we're getting a whole wave. But with only three sets, chances of getting more villians than just Bane and Catwoman seem slim :cry_sad:

It is just a prediction though :wink:

Hmm... Now I've seen a clear picture I'm starting to warm up to it. Mostly because it's least similar to it's predecessor. :hmpf_bad:

Hopefully this more cartoon-y license will allow the Batman sub-theme of Superheros a little more life.

No

Not buying it, or even considering it. It looks like a $50 USD set. :hmpf: Add another section on and I might buy it. Might. But the minifigs look good, but I prefer the old Bane.

I'm buying one, hey....it's Batman ! :laugh:

Looks more of a playset similar to the Hoth set this year, Bane using heavy machinery to break out Poison Ivy.....I'll buy that, as long as she doesn't kiss him ! :wink:

I'm buying one, hey....it's Batman ! :laugh:

Looks more of a playset similar to the Hoth set this year, Bane using heavy machinery to break out Poison Ivy.....I'll buy that, as long as she doesn't kiss him ! :wink:

Ivy: Oh, Bane...you're so...big AND strong :wub:

Just joking of course! :laugh:

Bruce Wayne is still hiding.

Yeah, with Alfred ! :laugh:

Interesting to note Robin's cape is black, not yellow....though a Goggle search shows him wearing either.....so he's a clothes horse. :laugh:

I also have a feeling that the black 'walls' on either side of Batman close, which would really add to the 'cave' feel.

I see what you mean, with that 1 stud wide gap in between the ramps.

This set is definitely... interesting. I like the overall idea of it, the shap is good to, but I'm not liking the figures, they look less detailed then what we've seen before. I thought Robin would've had a double-sided cap :cry_sad: , and batman looks like he has no muscle on his torso which reminds me to much of 60's batman. TBH, I hate 60's batman, and I wish this wasn't styled after it. I also don't like the fact that the stickers are specific to the set, bane intruder, and the poison Ivy scan thing make putting joker in the prison cell a lot less of an engaging experience. It really limits the imagination TBH. Overall, I'm a little disappointed, and whats up with Bane's face? :sick:

I think the minifigs look great, and generally this is a better big set than something like Echo Base, but it's still not overwhelming me. I think if I had the choice between this and the Dino HQ, for example, the Dino HQ would win out. Depends how badly I want Poison Ivy and Bane, I guess!

This set is definitely... interesting. I like the overall idea of it, the shap is good to, but I'm not liking the figures, they look less detailed then what we've seen before. I thought Robin would've had a double-sided cap :cry_sad: , and batman looks like he has no muscle on his torso which reminds me to much of 60's batman. TBH, I hate 60's batman, and I wish this wasn't styled after it. I also don't like the fact that the stickers are specific to the set, bane intruder, and the poison Ivy scan thing make putting joker in the prison cell a lot less of an engaging experience. It really limits the imagination TBH. Overall, I'm a little disappointed, and whats up with Bane's face? :sick:

I understand about the stickers, but you can always remove those or cut them up, though that'll probably make the set look emptier. Oh and about Batman, I believe it's the same one we saw at toyfair

Edited by Superficial Username

Fantastic!

It has a very nice retro-ish feel to it. It even has the red phone, which is just great! And the Robin and Poison Ivy minifigures are fantastic as well. Can't wait to get my hands on this set! :sweet:

I understand about the stickers, but you can always remove those or cut them up, though that'll probably make the set look emptier. Oh and about Batman, I believe it's the same one we saw at toyfair

Yeah, I thought that, but for some reason (at least for me) the finer details on all the torsos are absent, or at least very faint. However I don't think I'll be cutting them up, and the set would be nothing without the stickers.

I'm really hating those "alert!" signs, I would've been more okay with the missiles if they weren't so, dramatic. :sceptic:

Yeah, I thought that, but for some reason (at least for me) the finer details on all the torsos are absent, or at least very faint. However I don't think I'll be cutting them up, and the set would be nothing without the stickers.

I'm really hating those "alert!" signs, I would've been more okay with the missiles if they weren't so, dramatic. :sceptic:

I think I'll try and remove the INTRUDER ALERT! and picture of the drill from the bat-computer so it'll just look like a close up on Bane, like 2006's of Joker and Two-Face. I probably won't apply any of the cell stickers, except for HOLDING CELL. And the INTRUDER ALERT! turrets will either end up disassembled, or attached to a couple pieces to make them pop-up.

And I do see what you mean about Batman and Robin having their finer details light, but I don't think that's how they'llend up. Bane's seem good (for know) though.

:classic:

Bane's seem good (for know) though.

I dunno, something about his face just seems off, I think it's because the eyes are a little to close to the middle of his face.

I dunno, something about his face just seems off, I think it's because the eyes are a little to close to the middle of his face.

I meant the details on his torso :laugh:

Robin doesn't look like a wuss!!! :sing:

My prayers have been answered, oh how I love thee LEGO, thank you :laugh:

Other than that the set does look a bit <insert that tiresome argument>, and Bane's face is worse than the old one. Poison Ivy looks great.

Some nice pieces though, lots of sticker it seems as well.

I wonder what the price is? I'm guessing $80.

Robin doesn't look like a wuss!!! :sing:

My prayers have been answered, oh how I love thee LEGO, thank you :laugh:

Other than that the set does look a bit <insert that tiresome argument>, and Bane's face is worse than the old one. Poison Ivy looks great.

Some nice pieces though, lots of sticker it seems as well.

I wonder what the price is? I'm guessing $80.

Close, $69.99

I'm hoping that in the next wave there will be the batcopter, a bad guy boat, and a shark, just to make this theme the best theme ever.

That would be great, but I think another Penguin submarine would be more appropriate, seeing as it acted as the villians' home-base in that movie.

Edited by Superficial Username

That would be great, but I think another Penguin submarine would be more appropriate, seeing as it acted as the villians' home-base in that movie.

That would be good, too. Maybe the batcopter could be a small vehicle and the submarine being the main portion of the set, like the old submarine set but instead of a robin submarine a Batman and Robin Batcopter.