Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I do like that 'Venom', would be good for Black Suit Spidey. In fact it's good as well because now we're bound to get a Venom with the proper eyes/teeth. :laugh:

If TLG are serious about the Marvel franchise, and it seems they are, the X-Men sets should roll on. That means some version of Jean Grey, either way, and hopefully a Phoenix variant. Dark, even, fingers crossed!

:drool:

Venom & Shazam look great, I love the comic promo card they come with.

...I DO hope you all realize LEGO has never said they won't make minifigures of these characters available in sets... Remember Superman last year, or even Batman for that matter?

I DO hope you realize that that isn't what I was saying. In fact, I personally said earlier that I thought these would be coming out in sets eventually anyway. So perhaps you should do a little research before quoting comments? :wacko:

Anyway, that Venom looks nothing like a Venom, so I'm fine with missing him. But Shazam! does look pretty good. :cry_sad:

How did you quote that as me saying it? That was 'Spider-Man.'

I meant to hit the post before yours, but when I went to post I had quoted yours so I looked below, copied and pasted the other one but forgot to fix the top. Terribly sorry. :blush:

Reason to believe we could be getting a new Arkham Asylum set! :cry_happy:

Awesome. Let's hope we see some new villains in it (if it is Arkham Asylum) such as Man-Bat, Clayface or Killer Moth :classic:

Hmmm interesting. Well at least time there giving them the orange overall's. Hopefully we will see more tomorrow...

Nice find! :oh:

That is strong evidence it looks like.

I agree this is the best news yet of the three (Rancor Pit and Bags End) :excited:

Why does a toy company have to offer everything to everyone? It's a gift to those attending. It's not Legos fault people can or can't travel to these events. It's simply a prize for those that do. I'd like to have these figs, but I'm not owed them. I hope they get rereleased down the line, otherwise I'll pick them up on the secondary market. They are available, but it's on you if you choose not to buy.

Sorry for the rant.

Amen! Go to any toy convention. Every company will more than likely have an exclusive. Word to Cloney O, too.

So you like paying 100.00+ for a minifigure?

I do not. These are characters that are part of marvel and dc history. They appeal to lego collectors and comic collectors. They should not be exclusive to a con and never appear in a set. From a business stand point it makes no sense to limit these to 1000 and give them away, when you could shove them in a polybag, put them on your website with x amount purchase required or put them in a set. I realize this is to drive interest to the lego panel's but to never include these in a set is ridiculous. I would love a shazam mini figure but at 100.00+ for something someone paid nothing for....I dont think so. Thats not to say it has no value.

Hopefully these make it to a set even if they have to make some change to the minifigure so they can keep the other exclusive.

"For something someone paid nothing for" Really? You think they just got airfare and hotel room and entry into the convention for free? :hmpf:

Love it. Really hope we will get Arkham Asylum! :sweet:

Seems like solid evidence of Arkham Asylum to me! I don't know what's better; Arkham, Rancor Pit, or Bag End! I'll have to get all three. :tongue: Great find.

Amen! Go to any toy convention. Every company will more than likely have an exclusive. Word to Cloney O, too.

"For something someone paid nothing for" Really? You think they just got airfare and hotel room and entry into the convention for free? :hmpf:

Like I said in the Embassy head. Thre is a subtle but important difference between "exclusive figures" and "exclusive characters". This is where Lego messed up with this year. Comics and superhero fans love rare variants. They love and understand special costumes, recolors, etc. they go for that. But unlike every other Lego licensed line, in Superhero's the characters are the primary product, not the vehicle or the scene or play set. We buy the sets because of the characters (batman somewhat being the exception). So when they cut us off from any reasonable chance of getting any version of our beloved characters, in favor of what feels like a very small number of exclusive elites, then yeah the paying customer fan base is going to feel a bit put out.

The key is some version of the character must be available to the general public, or there must be a reasonableexpectation that there will be. They can live with an exclusive movie WW2 version of Captain America, so long as they can have a version of Cap on their shelf. They will tolerate a movie based Green Lantern exclusive, mainly on the hope that much like in the game, we will be seeing a classic silver age costume one in a set sometime soon. But tell them, "sorry you missed the only chance at Venom, we gave them all out one day only at a San Diego nerd convention" ummm hulk smash?

Edited by Faefrost

So tomorrow are we possibly gonna see new marvel minifigs/sets? I'm a little confused.. Hoping for venom though!

Okay, finally sifted through all the new posts..took for-ev-er.

Anyway, the new exclusive figures look great. I guess I am not as much of a comic fan as I didn't realize the three sides to the Phoenix force (had to look it up) so the green Jean Gray was news to me. I'm hoping for the white or red personally!

Venom does look more like Spidey, so I'm not as upset about missing out on him (unless I can find a reasonable one). I was expecting the mouth/teeth look. I had no idea who Shazam was so I'm not as disappointed about missing that character, but at the same time I do like minifigures. And I already forgot who the other one was..oh yeah, Bizarro. I actually like how he looks and I'm not a Superman fan at all, but he is the one I seem to want the most. Very peculiar.

I will keep my eyes peeled for reasonable prices, but I doubt I'll make the purchase since I still need Bane and Poison Ivy from wave 1 of DC.

As far as them not being in any set, I understand that as these particular versions won't be in any set. That's not to say they won't release every single one of these figures in the future, it just won't be this exact figure. I'm sure they could "technically" change the printing every so slightly and release all of these. Yes, the fans with these exclusives would be upset, but TLG could still make money on them. We will have to wait and see what they release in the future.

A part of me is upset that I won't own these and a part of me doesn't seem to care as much. I need to spend the money on sets/themes instead of just a few figures.

The key is some version of the character must be available to the general public, or there must be a reasonableexpectation that there will be. They can live with an exclusive movie WW2 version of Captain America, so long as they can have a version of Cap on their shelf. They will tolerate a movie based Green Lantern exclusive, mainly on the hope that much like in the game, we will be seeing a classic silver age costume one in a set sometime soon. But tell them, "sorry you missed the only chance at Venom, we gave them all out one day only at a San Diego nerd convention" ummm hulk smash?

Very eloquently put. I tweeted Lego group about it earlier today, my first ever grumble at them. Within an hour I had my missing roofs from the Monster fighter vampyre castle posted through the door! I felt so ashamed, guilty and dirty I had to go and take a shower. :laugh:

So you like paying 100.00+ for a minifigure?

I do not. These are characters that are part of marvel and dc history. They appeal to lego collectors and comic collectors. They should not be exclusive to a con and never appear in a set. From a business stand point it makes no sense to limit these to 1000 and give them away, when you could shove them in a polybag, put them on your website with x amount purchase required or put them in a set. I realize this is to drive interest to the lego panel's but to never include these in a set is ridiculous. I would love a shazam mini figure but at 100.00+ for something someone paid nothing for....I dont think so. Thats not to say it has no value.

Hopefully these make it to a set even if they have to make some change to the minifigure so they can keep the other exclusive.

Huh......I don't see where I said anything like that. You and my exwife hear and read things I never said. I did say they have every right to make something special for a select group of people as a thank you for attending a Lego event. I'd like a green lantern fig, or a venom fig, but I'm not entitled to it because I share a hobby with others. That's the whole purpose of an exclusive.

Now from a business standpoint it does indeed make make more sense to make them available to the public. But this is about rewarding a few people for making a trip and all that comes with it. When Lego decides they want to include these figs to make some money, they'll do it. As fans of a product we are not entitled to every offering.

Love it! I've already made an inmate Joker using the orange prisoner top, but I would welcome this one anyway. Though I'm sure it's not obvious, the Joker is my favorite comic villain.

Also relieved to see that "Venom" is merely a black suited Spidey. My hopes for a proper, more iconic Venom are restored. Of the 4 Super Heroes shown, I'm going to have to break down and buy Shazam and Bizarro. OK with passing on the other two unless I find them at a decent price.

Edited by agentofchaos73