Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

AAAH this is so unfair :cry_sad: . What do you think a set of all 4 exclusives will cost arterwards. If anyone can get me some i would love to buy or trade with you :sweet: .(I have acsess to many many olympic figures)

That's a great idea for us Brits actually as a way of trading exclusives for exclusives. If my friend can't get me one himself I might go down this route if someone's willing.

That black suit Spidey is sweet looking. Here's hoping it sees a wider release in the future. If I remember correctly the black suit did make an appearance in the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon so it could happen (fingers crossed).

Yeah, that just looks like Black Spider-Man. Wrong eyes and no mouth for Venom.

Yeah, that just looks like Black Spider-Man. Wrong eyes and no mouth for Venom.

I think its meant to be the cartoon one but yeah its still a bot off :sad: .

Phew! Atleast it isn't actually Venom. I will still cross my fingers that an actual Venom will be shown tomorrow in a 2013 set :cry_happy:

As the article linked to that shows the Shazam and Venom pictures states, many companies make Comic-Con exclusives. LEGO is just joining in on the fun. Not everything is made to be available publicly and there's no reason it should be. You wanting it does not constitute a reason for a company to not make a promo and instead release an exclusive figure to the masses. It's a special thing for event attendees, and yes, it fetches a large aftermarket price. If you're a completest or you want it so so badly, you pay the price. Otherwise, you recognize that it's a promo and move on with your life, buying the cool products you want that LEGO actually intends for wide release.

I'm sure wind turbine LEGO fans everywhere are still moaning about LEGO not selling the Vestas set publicly.

Not everything is made to be available publicly and there's no reason it should be. You wanting it does not constitute a reason for a company to not make a promo and instead release an exclusive figure to the masses. It's a special thing for event attendees, and yes, it fetches a large aftermarket price. If you're a completest or you want it so so badly, you pay the price. Otherwise, you recognize that it's a promo and move on with your life, buying the cool products you want that LEGO actually intends for wide release.

THANK YOU. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who hasn't been gripped by Exclusive-Fig-Fever.

Shazam! Pics! Yay!

{pics}

Thanks Sci! :classic:

I love 'em. :wub: People are complaining about Venom but I like the figure in the same way I like the Ultimate Spider-Man Spider-Man figure.

Edited by just2good

I really like Shazam and Venom looks stylish, not matter the design, but I just hope that Green Lantern and Flash (or better, Nightwing and Batgirl :wub:) will be displayed tomorrow, I like them better anyways. :classic:

Phew! Atleast it isn't actually Venom. I will still cross my fingers that an actual Venom will be shown tomorrow in a 2013 set :cry_happy:

You mean Saturday, tomorrow is DC. :wink:

Oh sorry, multiple paragraphs on one day confuses me. :blush:

Edited by Superficial Username

This is from the LEGO release statement gotten from FBTB:

"LEGO Super Heroes – Friday, July 13

LEGO Super Heroes: DC Universe TM adventures soar to new heights with the public debut of 2013 LEGO Super Heroes minifigures.

To spotlight the collection that recreates famous DC Comic Super Heroes and Super Villains with a collection of sets and buildable characters, LEGO Systems will display a LEGO Super Heroes DC Universe 3-D mosaic featuring iconic images of Wonder Woman™, Batman™ and Superman™. One raffle winner will receive an exclusive 5-inch Batman model in LEGO form.

LEGO Super Heroes: MARVEL sets and buildable action figures bring scenes of great Marvel characters such as the Avengers, Spider-Man and X-Men to life, in addition to new characters unveiled for the first time in their 2013 LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes minifigure form. A life-size model of the Incredible Hulk in LEGO form will dominate the show floor, 2012 construction sets will be displayed and an exclusive 5-inch Spider-Man in LEGO form will be given away to one lucky winner who enters Friday’s raffle."

That leads me to believe that ALL superheroes will be tomorrow and Star Wars will be Saturday.

I really like Shazam, but I just hope that Green Lantern and Flash (or better, Nightwing and Batgirl :wub:) will be displayed tomorrow, I like them better anyways. :classic:

Tomorrow was Superheroes all in one, I thought. Then Star Wars saturday, and Ninjago sunday? No reason I should trust my memory though. :tongue:

To the Venom disappointed: Personally, I feel the torso is holycrapamazing enough to redeem the underwhelming rest of it. But I agree, and feel that the Marvel license has largely been handled in a blah way, compared to DC. The tiny presence of X-Men is the only true to classic comics thing we got outta Marvel so far. Though now I'm bummed that Man of Steel is gonna choke out a lot of room for more comic material exploration on the DC front.

"LEGO Super Heroes – Friday, July 13

That leads me to believe that ALL superheroes will be tomorrow and Star Wars will be Saturday.

Correct.

The venom still looks good, regaurdless.

So is it Venom or Black Spidey?

-Sci

Says Venom, but it's definitely Black Spider-Man. I reckon we'll see a proper Venom fig, mouth and all, tomorrow in the minifigures preview :thumbup:

That's not venom come on Lego. Looks like a really cool Black suited Spider-man. It kind of makes sense to release him this way as on the show Spider-man was in the black suit for about 10 minutes. I really like the look of the marvel figs this year. Look like I found out where my summer budget is going....

Oh sorry, multiple paragraphs on one day confuses me. :blush:

How did you quote that as me saying it? That was 'Spider-Man.'

That's not venom come on Lego. Looks like a really cool Black suited Spider-man. It kind of makes sense to release him this way as on the show Spider-man was in the black suit for about 10 minutes. I really like the look of the marvel figs this year. Look like I found out where my summer budget is going....

It looks like Venom when he's a member of the Dark Avengers, filling in for Spider-Man, and so he loses the huge teeth and tongue for a while. So in that vein, he's fairly accurate.

Dark_Avengers_Vol_1_1d_Textless.jpg

These look great! Shazam is awesome but I hope he has a reversible face. He is my favourite exclusive so far.

And Venom looks great! Venom is actually the proper name for Black Spider-man, because venom is the suit itself, not the person inside. I think Lego would get into trouble if they marketed it as "Black Spider-man" which is in fact a fan-generated name.

These look great! Shazam is awesome but I hope he has a reversible face. He is my favourite exclusive so far.

And Venom looks great! Venom is actually the proper name for Black Spider-man, because venom is the suit itself, not the person inside. I think Lego would get into trouble if they marketed it as "Black Spider-man" which is in fact a fan-generated name.

Agreed I hope that the same can be said of Phoinix and Bizarro that they have reversible heads as well.

Now assuming this is based off The Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon it is technically be three different things. It could be considered "The Venom Symbiote" that host jumped in the episode "Venom". It could be Harry Osborn in the suit before it mutates into the villainous Venom (with mouth/crazy eyes) in the episode "Back in Black". Or it could just be black suited Spider-Man.

Don't worry after tomorrow there will be plenty of them on eBay and Bricklink. That's just some idiot who thinks he's found the holy grail. I remember that some people got the TC-14 promo early they were selling the fig for £75 as soon as the event happened it went down to about £20.