Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Exactly. Superman's my favorite superhero and to have him in LEGO-form is so awesome. I'm also really hoping they'll expand into the Superman-part of the DC Universe with LEGO-sets, next year. I'd love a Daily Planet, Kent Farm and Fortress of Solitude :wub: (amongst many others :devil: )

I have my favorite sets and figs from the previous Batman-line, so I won't be buying those, this time. Maybe next year, when some new characters arrive :classic:

Regards,

Mitch

Not really and that still doesn't explain Hawkeye and Black Widow who are two minor characters in the exact same vein as Nick Fury and are not "headline acts" or main characters. Also, Nick Fury looks really administrative in that movie poster with his gun out. Still a poor excuse for trying to quash discussion of a Nick Fury minifig in a thread dedicated to discussion that is just that.

I certainly wouldn't class Hawkeye as a minor character. in the popular Avengers cartoon he gets considerable screen-time and Black Widow is also one of the main action characters in the movie plus she will help appeal to girls which is something LEGO is trying to do.

This thread is not just about discussing Nick Fury it's about the license in general and there are a hundred more recognisable super hero characters than him.

I certainly wouldn't class Hawkeye as a minor character. in the popular Avengers cartoon he gets considerable screen-time and Black Widow is also one of the main action characters in the movie plus she will help appeal to girls which is something LEGO is trying to do.

This thread is not just about discussing Nick Fury it's about the license in general and there are a hundred more recognisable super hero characters than him.

You're right there are tonnes of other marvel heroes and villains who are more iconic. However Nick Fury is one of the most important characters in the marvel universe. Over there years he's been a major character in stories around the Avengers, the X-men, spiderman, the fantastic four and countless others. The same could be said about tonnes of star wars characters how there not recognisable but are important enough to a scene that Lego has made them. I mean I dont think that the upcoming Iron fist figure in the spiderman set is one of the most iconic characters of that series. Lego could have given us another villain like the green goblin or the lizard but Iron fist must have some importance to that set or source material that it's based off.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that before but you're right. That minifig looks a lot like a Nolan version of Batman.

Hawkeye is as minor of a character as Nick Fury if the original statement is read. I am commenting on that. I don't agree with any assertion that a character isn't important but am in fact pointing out the absurdity of labeling a discussion about Lego Super Heroes as inadequate because a handful of people are dissatisfied with the discussion. Unless you are a mod, your job isn't to dictate what we can and want to talk about. The hubris is outstanding, but carry on...

Hawk-Eye and Black-Widow aren't minor characters, but they aren't as major as the main 4 Avengers. If you notice, even on the LEGO boxes, only Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Iron-Man are displayed. This is true for lots of Avengers Merchandise, usually Hawk-Eye and Black-Widow aren't present.

If I am not mistaken is this not the famous batman cowl that seems to be popping up in some sets? http://www.legosuperheroes.com/

This batman looks like the one we could be getting with the new DKR sets! Atleast I hope so since he looks really cool!

Thats the old cowl on the 2011 comic con batman minifig, and yes it is based on Nolan movies been known for months.

That green lantern is absed on the green lanter movie aswell....

I have some bad news for everyone. This may not be true but I heard a roumour that Nick fury was originaly suppost to be released in the Quinjet but due to him being apparantly uninportant he was scrapped in favour of the alternate Iron Man. :cry_sad:

I have some bad news for everyone. This may not be true but I heard a roumour that Nick fury was originaly suppost to be released in the Quinjet but due to him being apparantly uninportant he was scrapped in favour of the alternate Iron Man. :cry_sad:

I do hope that's just a rumour. It would be a real shame to be just missing one character from a complete team. Still maybe there just saving him for a set for the next wave. It would be a wide move to but him in a set later on in order to get more sales. Suppose we will have to wait and see. On a side note I had decided to not to buy any superheroes sets sets this year and would wait and see of I had any money left after star wars. But over the previous weekend I finally caved and got the chopper showdown on Friday and Lokis cosmic cube escape on the Saturday. I love em and I might have a review coming soon.

I do hope that's just a rumour. It would be a real shame to be just missing one character from a complete team. Still maybe there just saving him for a set for the next wave. It would be a wide move to but him in a set later on in order to get more sales. Suppose we will have to wait and see. On a side note I had decided to not to buy any superheroes sets sets this year and would wait and see of I had any money left after star wars. But over the previous weekend I finally caved and got the chopper showdown on Friday and Lokis cosmic cube escape on the Saturday. I love em and I might have a review coming soon.

Hmm when you put it like that i geuss it would be a wise move for LEGO espescially if the set he comes is extremely expensive as they know many of us AFOLs will pay just to complete the team.(by the way I look forward to your reviews. :classic: )

Yep, that's just the exclusive Batman figure.

I wish it was more accessible, but if we do get TDKR sets, then I hope to see a similar figure. Perhaps a new cowl and/or torso print.

Anyone else who's hoping for some additional sets from TDK? A new movie version figure of The Joker would be nice to have, especially in these times

where the figures all become so detailed.

~ General Magma

If I am not mistaken is this not the famous batman cowl that seems to be popping up in some sets? http://www.legosuperheroes.com/

This batman looks like the one we could be getting with the new DKR sets! Atleast I hope so since he looks really cool!

Welcome to Eurobricks! You may be right, well just half to wait in utter suspence till the

fall. :hmpf_bad::laugh: Its good to see a fellow Iron Man fan on this site! :sweet:

I hope the Batman Bat Ski polybags show up at TRU soon.

I've moved this post to the appropriate topic since this has nothing to do with the Licensed Funnies.

Not yet, but we shall see them soon! I have a feeling maybe next month or in July when TDKR comes out in theaters.

Bricklink lists another polybag - a mini Batmobile. Has anyone seen this anywhere?