Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Just got back from toysrus a while ago, I almost caved and bought the hulk set but the 10$ markup is just to much :hmpf_bad: ,so I guess i'll be waking up bright and early to pick it up at the local target. Looks like its going be a hulkerrific Easter. :laugh:

Edited by That_Guy

Marvel sets in-stock on Shop@Home!! :cry_happy: Link: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Super-Heroes-ByTheme (in stock by the way) :classic:

Just got back from toysrus a while ago, I almost caved and bought the hulk set but the 10$ markup is just to much :hmpf_bad: ,so I guess i'll be waking up bright and early to pick it up at the local target. Looks like its going be a hulkerrific Easter. :laugh:

I was also looking forward to waking up bright and early tomorrow but all Target stores are closed nation wide. :cry_sad:

I called my local Lego Store today and they said they'll be open tomorrow! :cry_happy: I advice you guys to do the same, you might be lucky too!

The Marvel ones are now up on the S@H page in the US. No surprise sets there and no Spiderman set yet, either. What's Lego waiting for?

Maybe for the cartoon to catch on? :def_shrug: After all, it just started last week, and Doc Ock has hardly had an appearance yet, so maybe they don't want to give away any spoilers. Although it would be funny if they kept the secrets of a mere cartoon show so well whereas they failed to keep the secrets of a 220 million dollar blockbuster. :wacko:

Hm...I'm just thinking aloud, but would Hawkeye's face (the glasses side) be perfect for X-Men's Cyclops?

For a Cyclops in civilian clothing with special-treated glasses, possibly. It's not perfect, but it would do.

Definitely! I had the same idea, and I already had the BrickLink orders in the works, so now I have two cool alternate versions made from all real official parts...

The head designed for Hawkeye works beautifully for Cyclops too. He wore these civilian style glasses in the movies whenever he was out in public. The body is from Racer X from Speed Racer, and it could work well as the uniform for all the X-Men. I know a few others have thought of that too. I also got a Riddler head with the purple mask to replace the original head for Hawkeye, or you can use any head you like.

And as luck would have it, the costume and torso for Fenrir Greyback the werewolf from Harry Potter was obviously imitating Wolverine in the X-Men movies. I also gave him the '50s greaser pompadour hair from the Collectible Minifig Series 6 Mechanic. I think that is totally cooler, but you can also give him the slick black hair from the new Bruce Wayne fig from the Batcave set, if you prefer a more sleek modern look.

Plus as a bonus, if you steal his hair, then the new Bruce Wayne magically becomes an alternate Lex Luthor! =D

7056762705_7431ac8dac.jpg6910679262_1295e1f71e.jpg

Happy Easter! =)

Indy Out

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

The Marvel ones are now up on the S@H page in the US. No surprise sets there and no Spiderman set yet, either. What's Lego waiting for?

August unfortunately :sad: Which probably means June/July in practice. Strange to release just one set in a theme on its own, hopefully some new sets maybe keep it company. Please Lego?

August unfortunately :sad: Which probably means June/July in practice. Strange to release just one set in a theme on its own, hopefully some new sets maybe keep it company. Please Lego?

I think that they don't have the license for the new Spider Man movie yet, just the TV cartoon show, so they are waiting...

Plus it is amazing that TLG has the power to get Marvel and DC licenses going at the same time, despite whatever else!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

I think it's because the Mexico factory was robbed, and TLG has to fix it .

I think that they don't have the license for the new Spider Man movie yet, just the TV cartoon show, so they are waiting...

Plus it is amazing that TLG has the power to get Marvel and DC licenses going at the same time, despite whatever else!

I'm so selfish, I just want fabled TDKR sets but I don't think they are coming. Megabloks will be releasing sets for that new film.

I think it's because the Mexico factory was robbed, and TLG has to fix it .

Is that factory not robbed all the time and the proceeds end up on ebay at $30 a time?

Today on Easter Sunday I recived 6863 "Batwing Battle Over Gotham City" as a gift. When I was starting to assemble the set I noticed something about Batman's mask. It had a different shape than the other one.

Here are som pictures to clarify. Sorry they're not high res, but you should make them out just fine.

batman_mask_1.jpg

batman_mask_2.jpg

batman_mask_3.jpg

The mask reminds me of the one they used in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies.

I'm now speculating that there might be a "Dark Knight Rises" tie-in set. What do you think?

This was discussed a few pages back, but at least we know this probably isn't a molding mistake since it's happened to several people.

This was discussed a few pages back, but at least we know this probably isn't a molding mistake since it's happened to several people.

Oh well, guess I was a little late in the game, I suppose.

Still, It's a pretty awesome mask, though. :devil:

Sorry to interrupt your discussion but does somebody have a clue why Belgium & The Netherlands are ignored?

I haven't seen any DC nor Marvel set in store. There aren't any banners or commercials that state that they will turn up in the first couple of months...

I just hope that we don't get ignored with the LotR-sets... :hmpf_bad:

Superspeelgoed.nl and some danish site I lost track of list the sets with release at the last day of May. Further bad news: From the DC sets there are only Catwomans Bike, Lex Luthors suit and the Bat-Wing listed and from Marvel only the X-Men, Helicarrier and Quinjet.

Germany seems to get none of the sets through regular retailers, except for the Ultrabuilds.

And when changing the countries on S@H Cosmic Cube escape is listed with 40€. The X-Men set which has the same price category as Cube Escape is priced at reasonably 26,99€, so I hope this is just an error in the system.

Are superheroes so unpopular here, or what?

@chucker: thanks for pictures of new mask.

Does the back of the manual part list have the new mask?

does the mask fit the head printing? if yes cane we see a comparison of heads?

@ The Real Indiana Jones: I like that hair for Wolverine, any chanse we can see that on the comic suit?

(I've never liked the hair lego uses for him)

@chucker: thanks for pictures of new mask.

Does the back of the manual part list have the new mask?

does the mask fit the head printing? if yes cane we see a comparison of heads?

To answer both questions, no. The manual has the old mask listed and the actual mask is a tad bit off, sort of making his eyes squinting. I'd take a picture, but I don't think my camera will be able to zoom in that close.

Has anyone tried contacting lego about the new mask? Anyone at all?

Saw the entire Marvel line-up at my local Wal-Mart today, and picked up the Captain America set. It's quite nice, I recommend it for the minifigs alone. Probably gonna pick up the rest of them at some point. :grin:

I'm so selfish, I just want fabled TDKR sets but I don't think they are coming. Megabloks will be releasing sets for that new film.

Where'd you here that? I think the post you quoted mentioned the new Spider-man movie, not TDKR.

Is that factory not robbed all the time and the proceeds end up on ebay at $30 a time?

Sounds about right. :laugh:

I called my TRU(Northern California area) and they said no Marvel yet. I don't really know if they did or not, I should've gone in and checked for myself. He said there's a better chance Thursday...I'll probably go tomorrow to make sure.

I checked my 6863 Batwing Battle set and no TDKR cowl for me.:sad:

Where'd you here that? I think the post you quoted mentioned the new Spider-man movie, not TDKR.

Sounds about right. :laugh:

Amazing how badly written my reply was :blush:

What I should have said was I would like for TDKR sets to keep the Spiderman set company on the shelves when it gets released. Megabloks are of course making sets for The Amazing Spiderman movie not TDKR

I much prefer the look of the Batman cowl from the Batwing set. The original cowl was too bulky, especially in the ears.

I actually prefer the old, bulky one. It doesn't look too oversized to me and the new one looks a bit awkward on the cape/neck.