Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I cant help to feel a little disappointed. Dont get me wrong I'm gonna buy them all anyway but just have running around in my head "Is this it?". But until we get pics I'm not really excited... yet.

IMO, the figures suggested to appear in the Batman sets are the ones from the original movies. For instance, people think the riddler will appear with Two Face = Batman Forever. Also people think the biggest set will include Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Bane and Poison Ivy, linking to 'Batman and Robin'.

IMO, the figures suggested to appear in the Batman sets are the ones from the original movies. For instance, people think the riddler will appear with Two Face = Batman Forever. Also people think the biggest set will include Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Bane and Poison Ivy, linking to 'Batman and Robin'.

Interesting point! I did think that the Joker looked extremely Jack Nicholsen-esque. I can't wait for the sets though, seeing the prices helps me to budget accordingly! Can anyone confirm that prices are in American dollars?

I noticed that too, but we're getting Harley Quinn and no Penguin or Mr. Freeze :cry_sad: . But I suppose we could always get them in 2013, or if The Dark Knight Rises sets are anything like The Dark Knight ones, we could even get theme there. :classic:

Has anybody else seen that competition at Brickset.com? They're giving away the Preview Green Lantern/Batman minifigures, and noticed something interesting in the article-

The first thing in bold isn't all that interesting, but it shows that LEGO had a part in this. Sorry to all those who spent a small fortune on these figures. :sweet:

Knew it.

As I thought, the figures weren't really exclusive, just released early.

I wonder what those people who spent money on those thought after hearing this. :laugh:

Reminds me of when the White Bobas were fetching $300 in all the hype now 1/10th that. The $70 currentlty for sale online will probably only be $10 when the sets come out.

I for one am super excited to get that new Batman with back printing, best rendition yet IMO. Hopefully in TDKR sets.

EDIT:

Saw the BN list, nice but pics are worth a thousand words. The Batcave is only $70, less than the last. I was hoping for over a 1000 parts again but I wonder how this one will be. No Wayne manor above probably :laugh:

Hoping one of the vehicles is a new smaller better scaled Tumbler.

Edited by Macoco

Has anybody else seen that competition at Brickset.com? They're giving away the Preview Green Lantern/Batman minifigures, and noticed something interesting in the article-

The first thing in bold isn't all that interesting, but it shows that LEGO had a part in this. Sorry to all those who spent a small fortune on these figures. :sweet:

Although I'd like to believe this, I'm still not that convinced that this is true. I mean, first of all it doesn't say explicitly that we are getting the figures next year, and even if it did, it could be something that Huw believes... I don't know, I would just like some clarification on the matter. But believe me, I want this to be true. :moar:

Although I'd like to believe this, I'm still not that convinced that this is true. I mean, first of all it doesn't say explicitly that we are getting the figures next year, and even if it did, it could be something that Huw believes... I don't know, I would just like some clarification on the matter. But believe me, I want this to be true. :moar:

Um yes it does. Basing all the evidence the CC "preview edition", the brickset article saying "until 2012" is all saying the same thing, those figs will be in sets.

Um yes it does. Basing all the evidence the CC "preview edition", the brickset article saying "until 2012" is all saying the same thing, those figs will be in sets.

It just seems to me that he could've said that without actually meaning that the figs are being released in 2012. Just a possibility, so I would like to be sure before I get all hyped. :classic:

It just seems to me that he could've said that without actually meaning that the figs are being released in 2012. Just a possibility, so I would like to be sure before I get all hyped. :classic:

gotcha lets hope he didn't mean it like that

Taking this and what I said on your observation into account, I think it's possible that the Summer Wave villians will be those in the Nolan movies, I don't know if they'd resemble there appearances in the movies, or comic books. Plus, it seems Lego's only doing Heroes/Villians, so for the Summer sets, that would be Batman, Bane, Catwoman, and maybe Ra's Al Ghul. But, if they chose minifigures from the whole trilogy, we could also have Joker, Two-Face, (again, not sure if they'd be new or not) Scarecrow, and Ra's al Ghul in addition to the probably inevitable Bane and Catwoman. Just possibilities I see, doesn't mean anything is true or going to happen. :classic:

Does anyone know how long Lego have the Marvel/DC license for?

Well the official press release states "...Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012..."

I believe sales will tell over the time

Well the official press release states "...Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012..."

I wonder if that means the sets can't hit retail until January 1st?

For as long as I've been paying attention (15 years or so, I guess), the upcoming new year's sets show up in retail around Thanksgiving weekend, so that they're available for the holiday season. I found it really strange that the mini-fig-scale DC sets weren't in the recently leaked retailer catalog. I wondered if that meant that these sets would NOT be available for the holidays.

I wonder if that means the sets can't hit retail until January 1st?

For as long as I've been paying attention (15 years or so, I guess), the upcoming new year's sets show up in retail around Thanksgiving weekend, so that they're available for the holiday season. I found it really strange that the mini-fig-scale DC sets weren't in the recently leaked retailer catalog. I wondered if that meant that these sets would NOT be available for the holidays.

interesting theory and could possibly explain the lack of pictures. but why were the hero factory type sets featured in the catalog then if that were true?

It would be a huge score for a US retailer to have SH as a Black Friday exclusive eh ? :wink:

Generally the licensed ranges minus SW are kept close to Lego's chest until they are ready, and why did we see catalogue images of the Hero Factory styled SH....easy...they were all seen at ComicCon....so why not shown them again ! :wink:

It would be a huge score for a US retailer to have SH as a Black Friday exclusive eh ? :wink:

Generally the licensed ranges minus SW are kept close to Lego's chest until they are ready, and why did we see catalogue images of the Hero Factory styled SH....easy...they were all seen at ComicCon....so why not shown them again ! :wink:

Good point, especially with the blank Princess boxes. The Harry Potter boxes were also like that earlier in the year. Is there a Toy-Fair before set release in January? I would think so, but can't recall. :classic:

Nope, as far as I know 2012 Toy Fairs are all in 2012, but catalogues are sent to Lego Club members before Christmas.....! :wink:

Yes, but if LEGO really wants somthing out for Christmas, they release it in October.

I cant help to feel a little disappointed. Dont get me wrong I'm gonna buy them all anyway but just have running around in my head "Is this it?". But until we get pics I'm not really excited... yet.

Well, keep in mind that as far as LEGO themes are concerned, all this DC Universe stuff is really just half of a larger theme, LEGO Superheroes, and the Marvel Universe is the other half. The DC sets aren't "it" for the year; they're just essentially the first wave, and the Marvel launch will be the second. If you combine this initial wave of DC sets with what we might reasonably assume to be a comparably-sized Marvel wave, you get an overall "LEGO Superheroes" launch year's worth of sets that I believe is larger than any other licensed theme other than Star Wars has ever had. It's different since it's two distinct licenses, but the two themes are similar and linked in a way that other pairs of concurrent licensed themes aren't.

And, of course, this is just the first year. The press releases confirm both licenses are multi-year agreements, and we should continue to see new sets from both the DC and Marvel universes into 2013 and beyond, unless the initial sets sell unexpectedly poorly (and how likely is that?).

:classic::wink:

Well, keep in mind that as far as LEGO themes are concerned, all this DC Universe stuff is really just half of a larger theme, LEGO Superheroes, and the Marvel Universe is the other half. The DC sets aren't "it" for the year; they're just essentially the first wave, and the Marvel launch will be the second. If you combine this initial wave of DC sets with what we might reasonably assume to be a comparably-sized Marvel wave, you get an overall "LEGO Superheroes" launch year's worth of sets that I believe is larger than any other licensed theme other than Star Wars has ever had. It's different since it's two distinct licenses, but the two themes are similar and linked in a way that other pairs of concurrent licensed themes aren't.

Wait, so DC and Marvel are being launched in separate waves? Has that been confirmed?

I suppose that's good news in a way, because that will mean more room for sets, rather than mixing them.

Edited by Delta 38

And, of course, this is just the first year. The press releases confirm both licenses are multi-year agreements, and we should continue to see new sets from both the DC and Marvel universes into 2013 and beyond, unless the initial sets sell unexpectedly poorly (and how likely is that?).

The pricing is exactly my fear. If they are as expensive as Pirates Of the Caribbean, then we run a high risk of poor sales, leading to a very short run... all the same, I am ecstatic for this theme!

My first thoughts when I first heard the signing of Marvel and DC was we were going to get a individual lines for all the major superheroes. But i guess that would flood the market with too many superheroes.

This theme sounds very interesting! :sweet: A lot of potential in DC/Marvel, I should think. Just imagine a LEGO Sandman! :cry_happy: The minifigs look very nice, especially Poison Ivy! :wub: I can't wait for 2012. (though my wallet wishes it would never come :grin: )