Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

6874005070_6737a6d759_b.jpg

If anyone in the USA is looking for this new exclusive Lex Luthor minifig, it is now available through Gamestop.com in the USA, as a free bonus if you pre-order the new video game.

And yes, he wears the same body-armor as the Space Marine from the Series 7 Collectable Minifigs.

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

*snip*

If anyone in the USA is looking for this new exclusive Lex Luthor minifig, it is now available through Gamestop.com in the USA, as a free bonus if you pre-order the new video game.

And yes, he wears the same body-armor as the Space Marine from the Series 7 Collectable Minifigs.

Link, please? :sweet:

John Lewis Glasgow had them behind till but employee said they can't display them until the 8th and can't sell them - ultimate salt in the wound seeing it behind counter like that! :-(

Well, I get why Cap doesn't have his wings(this may have been mentioned, but I don't recall). I saw a preview at the theatre and paid close attention to him because of the discussion abbot his fig being wingless. He doesn't even have them in the movie...

Actually he does, when he turns his head, you can see them. They're big enough and they're there. I imagine why the fig doesn't have them because that is a blind spot for the printer on the head.

Sweet I'll have to go to GameStop today and see if I can get him.

John Lewis Glasgow had them behind till but employee said they can't display them until the 8th and can't sell them - ultimate salt in the wound seeing it behind counter like that! :-(

Interestingly enough John Lewis.com is showing Loki Cosmic cube and Wolverine chopper showdown to order on the website. I just ordered Loki Cosmic cube to pick up from Glasgow tomorrow afternoon and they debited my credit card so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow night.

Ordered mine! :sweet:

Standard release price of $50 after tax and shipping (wii)

And then I sent an irritated message to the gamestoppers about the pre order item not being explicitly listed on the receipt. I know gamestop is a piece of crap, but that's unheard of.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

According to a post from the Lego Company on their official facebook page the sets will be out on April 1st. I assume this is accurate information since it is from Lego itself.

Link:

http://www.facebook.com/officialLEGOshop?sk=wall

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't wait until April 1st! I hope those sets are available locally for me on that date! I want Iron Man so badly! I'll have to start checking all the stores soon!

He's got some pictures too! :wub_drool: Easter hurry up and get here!

Awesome! Great photography too! I will photograph the crap out of these figs too as soon as I get them!

But wait, there's more!

7021696843_61bee51423_z.jpg

7021696831_a048380173_z.jpg

We should keep an eye on his photostream!

Wow, that's just cruel and unusual punishment. :look:

According to a post from the Lego Company on their official facebook page the sets will be out on April 1st. I assume this is accurate information since it is from Lego itself. Link: http://www.facebook.com/officialLEGOshop?sk=wall

I don't see the post, but I hope this is true and not some cruel April Fools joke. :hmpf_bad:

I don't see the post, but I hope this is true and not some cruel April Fools joke. :hmpf_bad:

It's in a reply on the Marvel Superheroes website post. Look at the comments.

It's in a reply on the Marvel Superheroes website post. Look at the comments.

I did, but I didn't see it at first. Now I saw it. I must have been temporarily blinded by the awesomeness of R.D.L's photos. :tongue:

I guess only the UK is doing the preorder thing. :def_shrug: I don't care though; if the sets are available in stores from the first, why would you want to pay for shipping and wait an extra week or two for them to be shipped to you?

Ordered mine! :sweet:

Standard release price of $50 after tax and shipping (wii)

And then I sent an irritated message to the gamestoppers about the pre order item not being explicitly listed on the receipt. I know gamestop is a piece of crap, but that's unheard of.

Yeah, the item name clearly says "with bonus" and then there is a picture of this new Lex Luthor fig on the product page, so I figure I can hold them to their word, even if it is not listed specifically on the receipt.

The nice people at my local brick-and-mortar GameStop store told me that they will gladly give me an extra one if I do not receive it, since they always have leftover ones, because of kids who pre-order and then change their minds later.

Hmm, or maybe THAT'S the reason I did not see an option to do the in-store-pick-up option for this one? They say they will mail it together with the game. Anyway, this is the link I used, it seems fairly legit to me... http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-lego+super

(NOTE: I think they did clarify the page since yesterday... because it was really confusing!)

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Oky, find the post which features the Marvel image. Click on all the posts and scroll about a forth of the way down. Someone asked when they would be released and Lego posted back with the April 1st answer. Come on now man, I have been here long enough that you should know I don't post information without making sure it is as accurate as possible.

And...it looks like Clone O'P beat me too it. That's what I get for trying to type while feeding a two year old :laugh:

Edited by djmangunz

Interestingly enough John Lewis.com is showing Loki Cosmic cube and Wolverine chopper showdown to order on the website. I just ordered Loki Cosmic cube to pick up from Glasgow tomorrow afternoon and they debited my credit card so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow night.

Ah - might try that - could you post what happens at all so I can do the same? Can't wait for these sets!

I guess only the UK is doing the preorder thing. :def_shrug: I don't care though; if the sets are available in stores from the first, why would you want to pay for shipping and wait an extra week or two for them to be shipped to you?

They do the preorder for any other licensed theme, the even did it for DC. Maybe the US gets the sets later because the movie come out later?

They do the preorder for any other licensed theme, the even did it for DC. Maybe the US gets the sets later because the movie come out later?

They don't always do preorder, just sometimes. Just because they are not up for preorder doesn't mean that they won't come out on the 1st. They said it explicitly on the Facebook page, and I don't think that Facebook page is just for UK LEGO stores.

Hm...I'm just thinking aloud, but would Hawkeye's face (the glasses side) be perfect for X-Men's Cyclops?

Hm...I'm just thinking aloud, but would Hawkeye's face (the glasses side) be perfect for X-Men's Cyclops?

For a Cyclops in civilian clothing with special-treated glasses, possibly. It's not perfect, but it would do.

For a Cyclops in civilian clothing with special-treated glasses, possibly. It's not perfect, but it would do.

I just meant the head. Everything else would have to be changed.

They don't always do preorder, just sometimes. Just because they are not up for preorder doesn't mean that they won't come out on the 1st. They said it explicitly on the Facebook page, and I don't think that Facebook page is just for UK LEGO stores.

Well, few pages back someone said the Toy R Us here(US) won't have the sets til April 8th.

I just meant the head. Everything else would have to be changed.

Yes! That's just what I was thinking. Just until Lego(hopefully ) makes an offical one.