Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

So here's how I'd rank the sets:

1. Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

2. Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

3. Quinjet Ariel Battle

4. Captain America's Avenging Cycle

5. Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

I doubt it, these are Toy Fair Exclusive. Unless you want to fork out more than $100 on eBay.

Welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

Really, I couldn't rank the sets any better than you did. :thumbup: The Quinjet Ariel Battle is a great set, but it may be a bit to expensive.

I agree with you about Quinjet, it is too expensive but nothing big.

Actually, now that I think of it, the Quinjet Aerial Battle isn't the complete set, since the rest probably spoils parts of the movie. That's why they didn't have the box of the set, and there was no way that the jet was 735 pieces. The same is with the Avenging Cycle set.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but there's too many pages to scroll through for an answer.

Just would like to know if anyone knows if the Dark Knight Rises sets will happen, since they didn't appear at ToyFair?

Thanks.

I think it's too early to tell. The fact that they weren't at TF doesn't prove anything. After all, the Spidey set wasn't there either, and that one is known to be released together with the ones that were shown. There is no room for TDKR sets in this wave of Super Heroes sets, so if they do happen, they'll be in the third wave.

By the way, I think it's too early to call the Quinjet set overpriced too, considering that we have only seen about half of the set so far. Same goes for the Avenging Cycle.

Image from the toy fair with confidential stamps in the back are allowed to post right?

toy_fair_2012_20120213_1798086945.jpg?1329141819

cap set.

toy_fair_2012_20120213_1165161677.jpg?1329141837

quinjet set.

toy_fair_2012_20120213_1922006611.jpg?1329141835

cap set.

Edited by deskp

I'm I the only one who's worried that Lego will have to rush these sets out for the movie in a sub satisfactory condition? I can only imagine all the printing errors that might befall our precious minifigures if the were rushed.

Anyway I found this neat little video today:

Thanks for the pics. I'm not big on my Marvel/Avengers enemies but Im guessing there is more than enough in these preliminary builds to make an educated bet who the aliens are now?

Thanks for the pics. I'm not big on my Marvel/Avengers enemies but Im guessing there is more than enough in these preliminary builds to make an educated bet who the aliens are now?

we've gotten better looks at them in the trailer, but people are still not 100% sure about anything.

I'm I the only one who's worried that Lego will have to rush these sets out for the movie in a sub satisfactory condition? I can only imagine all the printing errors that might befall our precious minifigures if the were rushed.

is there even a way to rush the production? the minifig printing is done solely by machines I think.

Also i dont think you should worry we've already seen a caotain ameria figure with finished printing, and it looked good to me.

The reason for this theme feeling rushed is propably because we havent really seen anything properly finished yet. I'm sure all is going well behind the scenes ;)

Edited by deskp

Remembering we saw little finished shots of the DC line before it launched. Lego deserve some kudos for how they have respected Marvel and the studios wishes for this film to be under wraps at this relatively late stage.

Remembering we saw little finished shots of the DC line before it launched. Lego deserve some kudos for how they have respected Marvel and the studios wishes for this film to be under wraps at this relatively late stage.

I'm pretty sure theres more at play than just wishes to keep the stuff secret. it's not like we've seen other toy companies spoil the stuff yet either. (well maybe one)

Anyway I don't think the second figure in the Captain set is Red Skull anymore lol or indeed Nick Fury

I wonder if the bad guys are getting new gun molds?

Hard to say what it will end up being, but right now the gun is just that newish 'sci-fi' gun with two tan tooth pieces on it.

Yeah, but I think the Lego sets are more plot focused than say, the action figures.

But what they are hiding are the aliens, wich im guessing we'll be seeing action figures of sooner or later.

I hope they get some sort of headgear to make them special.

Whoa, what in the world is that supposed to be? It looks like a cross between the droid carrier and a X-pod. Weird. I guess the movie will explain it.

If whats in the pictures is reflective of the final sets then it looks like we get the now fairly standard "ray gun" piece with a 1 x 1 cone on the front and some plates with teeth on the side.

I see no reason for TLG to invest the money in yet another new mold for this line if they can do it with existing parts.

Whoa, what in the world is that supposed to be? It looks like a cross between the droid carrier and a X-pod. Weird. I guess the movie will explain it.

this isn't much explanations but:

toy_fair_2012_20120213_1165161677.jpg?1329141837

Avengers_Aliens.jpg

You can make out the head of the alien thing in front there,

Edited by deskp

Never mind random aliens/red skull/Nick Fury/Bruce Banner figs. By not showing them can we assume that the lego isn't going to give us random shield agents in the sets? Surely they wouldn't be a spoiler? Disappointing if not, thankfully my kids can call on the ADU to help out once the sets are released. They have better designed vehicles anyway :laugh:

Edited by surrideo

Marvel hasn't actually told the fans who the aliens are yet. They want them to guess. :tongue: So we're not allowed to see them yet until they are officially announced. :wink:

i agree

With what? Try to post more than just two words. Also use capitalization and punctuation. This is not a good way to start off on EB. Doesn't take much to write a post that people might enjoy reading and respond to.

I must say everything looks pretty good except Iron Man.

He is one of the worst figs I have ever seen.

Really? One of the worst minifigure's you have ever seen? I'm not a big fan of the large helmet either, but I personally don't like the customs with a painted minifigure head. I'm not an Iron Man fan, but from my point of view, it looks too small. Sure LEGO's helmet is big, but I appreciate the effort they put into it and I'm getting tired of hearing posts about how Iron Man is the worst figure ever.

And even though I wouldn't say Iron Man is a great figure (probably mediocre) he's still far from some of the worst minifigures LEGO has made. (Personally, my vote for LEGO's worst figure would go to this "lovely" lady.)

I don't want to start an argument with everyone, I'll admit that aethstetically Iron man is pretty mediocre, I just get tired of hearing that he's one of the worst figures ever. I will say that he is probably the worst figure in the line-up, not that we can tell yet.

Edited by Superficial Username

And even though I wouldn't say Iron Man is a great figure (probably mediocre) he's still far from some of the worst minifigures LEGO has made. (Personally, my vote for LEGO's worst figure would go to this "lovely" lady.)

What is that from?