Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

An uncanny X-men series is indeed in the pipeworks and whilst next year is bounds to bring along a few spidey sets the show's future isn't promising. Ratings are nowhere near what they should be so don't expect a season 3.

I certainly hope there will not be a third series. Not because I don't enjoy the show because I actually think it's great and pretty entertaining. It's because I would like sets based on the comics like with the X-men set. One of the few good things about the sets based on the show is that through them we have got a Doctor Doom fig.

It was in VERY early stages of production. As in, nothing was even animated yet. It wouldn't be ready to be announced.

Ok I Google searched and found this article...

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/13/exclusive-agent-x-spills-the-bean-on-the-future-of-marvel-animation-and-did-he-just-mention-a-new-x-men-tv-series/

If that's the one that your getting your info from, I highly doubt there's any truth to the story. Why would AgentX a high up MARVEL employee risk his job by telling a friend about exclusive inside info. That would be stupid. SO take it with a grain of salt for now.

I would rather have comic sets anyway...

Now I'm really looking forward to the Avengers Assemble show, who doesnt want a Falcon, Ant-Man, etc. :cry_happy:

I'm betting we won't see a Falcon from the cartoon. The character has already been announced and cast for Captain America : The Winter Soldier, so we will most likely see him and (hopefully) a Winter Soldier fig designed for the movie costume. Ant Man will probably be the same as his movie releases in 2014. (Way to long a wait :cry_sad: )

Am I alone in really hoping we see a Rocket Raccoon minifig with a brick built Groot?

I'm betting we won't see a Falcon from the cartoon. The character has already been announced and cast for Captain America : The Winter Soldier, so we will most likely see him and (hopefully) a Winter Soldier fig designed for the movie costume. Ant Man will probably be the same as his movie releases in 2014. (Way to long a wait :cry_sad: )

Am I alone in really hoping we see a Rocket Raccoon minifig with a brick built Groot?

No, you're not! I think Groot will be like Hulk or normal minifig( maybe like Woody). One can hope and dream! And I would love a Falcon fig too!

Even though there are no X-men cartoons there's a Wolverine anime. But thay can continue to make sets based on the comics, Avengers vs. X-Men anyone.

There was also an X-Men anime the same time there was the Wolverine one. I never watched the X-Men show. Heard good things about it. I, unfortunately, watched the first few minutes of ep1 of that wolverine anime. I couldn't get past the scuba-diving, jetpack-wearing ninjas and the yaoi-like look of wolverine. I mean really? Scuba ninjas with jetpacks? And machine guns. I don't want to forget the machine guns. Awful. Maybe if they get on Netflix I'll give them a try.

That being said, comic based sets would be best. Most stuff done in any of the cartoon shows was most likely down in the comics already.

Also, I want to see full team roster special editions sets of specific time periods some time in the future, and I still think TLG needs to have a Stan Lee minifig in a set.

There was an article a while back that said that a new X-Men cartoon was in very early stages of development.

That's likely the same article I read. I assume it was canceled if there hasn't been any other news on it.

Not sure if everyone knows yet, but the Spider-Man set is breaking as we speak in Wal-Marts across the US. I got mine last night and actually was there looking for it just as they were bringing the skids out to put the merchandise on the shelf. I actually looked through the not-yet-unloaded boxes until I found the one with a shipping label identifying the Doc Ock set, and I think there was only one box with three sets in it for the store... But mission accomplished!!

How did I do it? WalMart has a 'Find In Store' feature for the specific product, and I just kept checking it periodically until it said my nearest location had "Limited Availability." Here's the link... Happy hunting!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I was at Walmart today, and they already had several Marvel sets on clearance:

Quinjet - $50

Helicarrier Breakout - $35

Wolverine Helicopter - $13

I'm not sure why these were being clearanced so soon...they also had several Lord of the Rings sets marked down (I picked up Helm's Deep for a mere $89).

Lol, the Wolverine Helicorpter is still 30 euro's in Holland. Our market is currently owned almost solely by two big toystores Bart Smit and Intertoys.We are always getting screwed, and there's almost no Batman sets to be found.

Lol, the Wolverine Helicorpter is still 30 euro's in Holland. Our market is currently owned almost solely by two big toystores Bart Smit and Intertoys.We are always getting screwed, and there's almost no Batman sets to be found.

This.

By the way, both Bart Smit and Intertoys are in actual fact owned by the same company: Blokker :wacko:

Luckily, we do have quite a large selection of internet stores which usually give up to 30% discount on recommended retail prices. Meaning I can't remember the last time I bought a full-price set in either Bart Smit or Intertoys!

Edited by Alldarker

Does anyone know what the new Doc. ock would look like with the old ones hair? The old hair is more comic book accurate, even though I know the new one is based off the show.

Wow. I was kind of on the fence regarding the DC Visual dictionary, but I think that video just convinced me it's worth the money. There are so many awesome sets featured, and I'm really loving the graphic design and page layout - though DK usually is pretty great at that aspect of publishing. :classic:

This.

By the way, both Bart Smit and Intertoys are in actual fact owned by the same company: Blokker :wacko:

Luckily, we do have quite a large selection of internet stores which usually give up to 30% discount on recommended retail prices. Meaning I can't remember the last time I bought a full-price set in either Bart Smit or Intertoys!

LOl then averything is owned by Blokker, the only other store I know of are Toys XL, which is also owned by them...

For those wanting to give Wolverine the mask he deserves, BrickForge has finally released the Savage Mask with the Wolverine print. :)

7939023506_4672fcfe11_m.jpg7939023666_75edf38f6c_m.jpg

-Omi

Wow. That commercial for the Visual Dictionary was great and has. somehow, convinced me to grab it when I can find the book in stores.

Also, BrickForge's Savage Mask kind of reminds me of Harvey Birdman.

For those in the US how much will the visual dictionary be? Online it is $15 but I thought it was $25?

I doubt it'll be $25...that's the price here in Canada! :laugh:

For those in the US how much will the visual dictionary be? Online it is $15 but I thought it was $25?

Amazon's "original price" is $21.99 US. So I expect that is the cover price.

CB176642-9C97-4C4D-A71C-EB88D719ED9B-6536-000007786B9906EB.jpg

I don't what is but the plastic for this fig seems really cheap.

I hate to quote an image, but this side arms are useful for Tron customs! :classic:

*SNIP*

Well that doesn't surprise me much, it is quite likely from China.

Minifigures included with the DK books are produced in China, that's probably it.

Anyway, thanks for the photos. :thumbup: That's the first good look I've had of him.

I picked up the Batman Lego dictionary last week. The timeline pages are quite sparse as the line is a lot smaller than star wars and harry potter themes. Although it's 96 pages the book feels shorter than the others maybe due to the two page comics and splash pages in between sections. There's 18 pages dedicated to the video games which feels like too much. Also the cardboard 'page' for the exclusive minifigure is also thicker than the one in the star wars visual dictionary. Pics below

20120913_091744-Copy.jpg

02Comicq.jpg

04Videogamea.jpg

05Figurepages.jpg

Edited by arek