Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I was at Walmart today, and they already had several Marvel sets on clearance:

Quinjet - $50

Helicarrier Breakout - $35

Wolverine Helicopter - $13

I'm not sure why these were being clearanced so soon...they also had several Lord of the Rings sets marked down (I picked up Helm's Deep for a mere $89).

:drool: I need to get the Quinjet for that price...

The filming for the upcoming wolverine movie has began check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydQxfHcnZto&feature=player_embedded#!

I hope we'll get few sets from the movie.

I think we'll get a limited edition X-Men related set (maybe if that show is out?) around the time the movie comes out (like what they did with the Spidey set this year). :wink:

We won't because the X-Men film rights are owned by Fox. LEGO doesn't have the Fox license so they can only make comic-based X-Men sets.

I'm still hoping for more wolverine sets.

I'm still hoping for more wolverine sets.

I wouldn't lose hope, I'm sure the Wolverine's Chopper Battle set we got this year was based off a game or that horrible Wolverine:Origins movie, just with classic figures.

So we may next year get Wolverine with his mask, from the comics of course on a set loosely based from the new movie.

In case anyone still has trouble tracking down the Spidey set like me, Walmart finally made the Check Store Availability option available for this set, so you can check which store around you has it in stock.

High(er)-res image of Electro Suit Batman:

*snip*

You guys think a black scuba tank would make a decent looking backpack?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pics

You guys think a black scuba tank would make a decent looking backpack?

A scuba tank wouldn't, but airtanks sure would. :wink:

*Snip*

As you can see, they are darker/black except at the ends. So, the lego version is accurate. As for why they are black, it's just the stupid creators' decision. :hmpf_bad:

I hate the show so much!!!

Thanks. Would someone mind telling me if the rest of Doc Ock in that show is just an exclusive design to that show or if he is accurate to another universe. Thanks.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted picture

Thanks. Would someone mind telling me if the rest of Doc Ock in that show is just an exclusive design to that show or if he is accurate to another universe. Thanks.

No, he's only accurate to the show's depiction which is different than all the others.

I don't think we are getting sets for the upcoming Wolverine movie just as we didn't get sets from The Amazing Spiderman.

That is an absolute fact. It has been said alot that both those license aren't with Disney Marvel so LEGO can't use them. Only X-Men material will have to come from comics, or from a TV show if there is one in the works?

I don't think we are getting sets for the upcoming Wolverine movie just as we didn't get sets from The Amazing Spiderman.

That's because MegaBloks(Amazing Spiderman) has the movie license. I suppose we COULD get new Wolverine movie, depending on who has the right(if anyone).

Edited by Legocrazy81

That is an absolute fact. It has been said alot that both those license aren't with Disney Marvel so LEGO can't use them. Only X-Men material will have to come from comics, or from a TV show if there is one in the works?

Believe it or not, there is. I forget the name (awkwardly) but its supposed to be more hardcore and comic-like. I believe it is being released alongside a Hulk cartoon as well.

That's because MegaBloks(Amazing Spiderman) has the movie license. I suppose we COULD get new Wolverine movie, depending on who has the right(if anyone).

Fox owns the rights, so no, we can't. I supposed that it's possible that LEGO could get the Fox license, but there is no point since they have the comic one.

Believe it or not, there is. I forget the name (awkwardly) but its supposed to be more hardcore and comic-like. I believe it is being released alongside a Hulk cartoon as well.

That sounds pretty interesting :thumbup: The new Hulk cartoon looks odd to me, but hopefully we get some of those different characters from it! I wonder if there are any images for the X-Men cartoon?

There is NO X-Men cartoon... The folloxing is straight from the MARVEL TV panel at Comic-Con 2012...

-Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes hasn't been cancelled as Avengers Assemble (new show) is being viewed as a continuation of that series.

-Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. It will be aimed at a younger audience.

-Ultimate Spider-Man is the #1 animated show on Disney XD, and season two will feature the Lizard, Rhino, Beetle, and Electro.

NO mention of X-Men cartoon. You must be thinking of the old Wolverine and the X-Men (canceled) cartoon.

Ah thanks for the clarification CBMM1 :classic: I knew about all those other shows which is why I was shocked to hear about the X-Men one. It would have been cool to have a new X-Men show, but i guess we have to rely on TLG to use the comics to fill all X-Men wants!

There was an article a while back that said that a new X-Men cartoon was in very early stages of development.

There is NO X-Men cartoon... The folloxing is straight from the MARVEL TV panel at Comic-Con 2012...

-Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes hasn't been cancelled as Avengers Assemble (new show) is being viewed as a continuation of that series.

-Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. It will be aimed at a younger audience.

-Ultimate Spider-Man is the #1 animated show on Disney XD, and season two will feature the Lizard, Rhino, Beetle, and Electro.

NO mention of X-Men cartoon. You must be thinking of the old Wolverine and the X-Men (canceled) cartoon.

Oooooh, hopefully more Ultimate Spidey sets in the future! I want figs for Rhino, Lizard, and Electro, and after seeing yesterday's episode a Sandman fig!!!

There was an article a while back that said that a new X-Men cartoon was in very early stages of development.

Well it probably isn't anymore. If there was a slightest development they would have said so at the MARVEL TV Panel at Comic-Con.

Even though there are no X-men cartoons there's a Wolverine anime. But thay can continue to make sets based on the comics, Avengers vs. X-Men anyone.

That's quite alright with me. Along with several others, I prefer the comic versions to the movie versions of the characters, anyway.

Well it probably isn't anymore. If there was a slightest development they would have said so at the MARVEL TV Panel at Comic-Con.

It was in VERY early stages of production. As in, nothing was even animated yet. It wouldn't be ready to be announced.

Edited by LMB10

I love ELectro! I hope TLC makes him, looks like it's up to me to make a Mysterio *Searches internet for Sandy's fish bowl helmet*

An uncanny X-men series is indeed in the pipeworks and whilst next year is bounds to bring along a few spidey sets the show's future isn't promising. Ratings are nowhere near what they should be so don't expect a season 3.