Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Anyone in the US know if the spidey set has shown up in any walmart stores yet?

I don't know about the rest of the states, but my Walmarts in southern California don't have it yet :sceptic:

Oh and that Batman is just :blush:

Spiderman set has now shown up on S@H France :sweet:

Edited by Lance

I wish that Lego would release a LEGO batman minifig that had a black bat against a black (with no yellow surroundings) background. I'm also really wishing LEGO would re-release a classic Robin minifig.

Also, how come nobody cares for a moulded Iron Man head as opposed to a printed one or helmet? Think about it; it wouldn't be too big, and it would capture Iron Man's character perfectly. Personally I love the Iron Man fig as it is, but a moulded head would make it all that much better. The printed one just doesn't capture his awesomeness.

I also really wish I could have gotten one of those sdcc black spidey figs.

Also, can someone explain to me why Doc Ock's arms in the spidey set are black? Are they like that in the T.V show, and, if so why?

Edited by lotryay

Hey Gang

Had a nice thought.

I'm sure like me alot of people will be getting the Visual Dictionary just for the Electro Batman.

Why don't we all donate unwanted books to kids hospitals or Libraries!

That way they can do good.

That is a great idea for anybody who doesn't want their books. I am sure some people will try to sell them and get some of their money back but if just a handful read your post and donate them then that's a job well done :thumbup:

I'm not sure where to post this, and I don't really want to start a new thread so...

Why did TLC create a TDK Batman in non-canon sets like the Joker's Ice Cream Suprise? Did they not have the rights to the series so made some sets loosely based on it? The tumbler and Bats were true to the movie but the Joker was very comic book style. What gives?

I wish that Lego would release a LEGO batman minifig that had a black bat against a black (with no yellow surroundings) background. I'm also really wishing LEGO would re-release a classic Robin minifig.

Also, how come nobody cares for a moulded Iron Man head as opposed to a printed one or helmet? Think about it; it wouldn't be too big, and it would capture Iron Man's character perfectly. Personally I love the Iron Man fig as it is, but a moulded head would make it all that much better. The printed one just doesn't capture his awesomeness.

I also really wish I could have gotten one of those sdcc black spidey figs.

Also, can someone explain to me why Doc Ock's arms in the spidey set are black? Are they like that in the T.V show, and, if so why?

droctolarge.jpg

As you can see, they are darker/black except at the ends. So, the lego version is accurate. As for why they are black, it's just the stupid creators' decision. :hmpf_bad:

I hate the show so much!!!

I'm not sure where to post this, and I don't really want to start a new thread so...

Why did TLC create a TDK Batman in non-canon sets like the Joker's Ice Cream Suprise? Did they not have the rights to the series so made some sets loosely based on it? The tumbler and Bats were true to the movie but the Joker was very comic book style. What gives?

They didn't want it to be directly related to TDK, as that movie is considered by some to be very dark. I think they're gonna be a bit more movie accurate with next year's TDKR set, except it wont have the logo on it... :sadnew:

Check this out!

It would seem LEGO's warehouse is full of these guys and the promotional Hulk is available once again until the 10th of August, or until they run out. The best thing is that now you only have to buy a £25 superheroes set as opposed to a £50 one!

I'm now kicking myself for getting him when you had to spend £50.

So what do you think? If you didn't get it last time will you get it now? If you already have one will you get another?

That's pretty cool luckily about the same time as the new Spider-man set comes out . :classic:

Wow, thanks for the info!

But isn't the offer valid only till the 10th of August? "Offer is valid August 1st until August 10th 2012, or while supplies last only". It is stated in that same link you showed. Also, is the offer only valid when you purchase a Superheroes set, not any other themes?

Thank you!

Does anyone know if it has to be 25 spent on one set, or can it be multiple superhero sets? And with that could it be like one hero set with other products or does it has to be 25 in full superhero sets? On a side note, I'm starting to kick myself since I already bought most of the hero sets I wanted!

EDIT: AW! Scratch that, it seems the promotion is only in England; well I know it's not in the US. Curse you regional promotions!

Edited by Captain Nemo

In previous online promotions it seems to have worked when you checkout with over £25 of any set... The system doesn't seem to recognise the difference in themes. This is what I've read, I haven't actually ordered online myself. But for only £25 it is tempting.

Wow, thanks for the info!

But isn't the offer valid only till the 10th of August? "Offer is valid August 1st until August 10th 2012, or while supplies last only". It is stated in that same link you showed. Also, is the offer only valid when you purchase a Superheroes set, not any other themes?

Thank you!

Ah, I will correct that! Thanks, I only looked at it quickly. :grin: I too can't find any info to see if it's only Superheroes, but last time this offer was on it was indeed only Superheroes. Or at least had to include Superheroes I believe.

Also, sorry about that Captain Nemo! If you're American though you guys seem to get a birthday cake set for $50 or more. :wink:

Also, sorry about that Captain Nemo! If you're American though you guys seem to get a birthday cake set for $50 or more. :wink:

But my birthday is not for months! :cry_sad:

Oh well, at least I don't need to make a decision on which superhero set I'll have to buy again to get a hulk minifigure. It's nice that the promotion is still going on though, shows that either they have a lot of leftover hulks, or they're popular enough to hand them out again.

Do you think it is worth spending an extra £10 to get hulk. I want the bat wing chase but I can find it for £25 elsewhere....

Birthday cake!? I'm in!! :)

Do you think it is worth spending an extra £10 to get hulk. I want the bat wing chase but I can find it for £25 elsewhere....

Well if your looking at it at a value perspective: YES! The figure is currently valued at £16 or $16.

If you're looking at it for the figure itself, it's a nice figure. (I picked it up during the old promotion) Check out this review for a close-up of the fig...

Well if your looking at it at a value perspective: YES! The figure is currently valued at £16 or $16.

If you're looking at it for the figure itself, it's a nice figure. (I picked it up during the old promotion) Check out this review for a close-up of the fig...

Is it wrong if I complain that the promotion isn't in the US after a handful of people have complained about the SDCC figures not being outside of the con?

Kidding - I won't. I suggest anyone who missed out on this pick it up! It's a great figure.

Lego has to dance on a certain narrow line with the Chris Nolan Batman movies. They want to exploit them for marketing, Lego licensed stuff always sells better when a movie is out, but they really can't make many truly "cannon" scenes from the movies due to the extreme nature of some of the violence. (Hey! look here! New Joker slaughters a bank playset with new splattering blood pieces.) So they basically use the newer movie stylings and designs in more traditional scenes and stories.

I was at Walmart today, and they already had several Marvel sets on clearance:

Quinjet - $50

Helicarrier Breakout - $35

Wolverine Helicopter - $13

I'm not sure why these were being clearanced so soon...they also had several Lord of the Rings sets marked down (I picked up Helm's Deep for a mere $89).

I was at Walmart today, and they already had several Marvel sets on clearance:

Quinjet - $50

Helicarrier Breakout - $35

Wolverine Helicopter - $13

I'm not sure why these were being clearanced so soon...they also had several Lord of the Rings sets marked down (I picked up Helm's Deep for a mere $89).

I don't know, but I've found this sort of thing at Walmart from time to time. A while back I picked up the NinjaGo Turbo Shredder for two-thirds off after it had been out only two or three months.