Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Now from a business standpoint it does indeed make make more sense to make them available to the public. But this is about rewarding a few people for making a trip and all that comes with it. When Lego decides they want to include these figs to make some money, they'll do it. As fans of a product we are not entitled to every offering.

Maybe not entitlement but TLG is a family company, they pride themselves on that fact and try to engender this loyalty amongst their fan base. What they are doign here is not in keeping with the companies philosphy.

And to make things worse they are actively encouraging grey market sales and profiteering. that is not ethical.

And you cannot say it's a reward for the people who've made the trip to San Diego when they know full well a lot of these items end up being sold for extortionate amounts of money.

TLG started as a continental European company and most of their sales are still done there. Why not reward those??

TLG want consumers to stay with them out of loyalty in the face of opposing brands. So where is their loyalty to us? I think it's a fair question.

Huh......I don't see where I said anything like that. You and my exwife hear and read things I never said. I did say they have every right to make something special for a select group of people as a thank you for attending a Lego event. I'd like a green lantern fig, or a venom fig, but I'm not entitled to it because I share a hobby with others. That's the whole purpose of an exclusive.

Now from a business standpoint it does indeed make make more sense to make them available to the public. But this is about rewarding a few people for making a trip and all that comes with it. When Lego decides they want to include these figs to make some money, they'll do it. As fans of a product we are not entitled to every offering.

To me it's more about awarding people who are fortunate to attend. I would go to comic con if I could but it's incredibly difficult to the majority of people. Lots of people including myself cannot afford to go, can't get the time of work and live in another country. To me exclusives reward people who are already extremely lucky enough to attend and leaves the majority of fans who for whatever reason not able to attend at an unfair advantage.

I just saw the pictures of the Shazam and Venom figures. I love the Shazam figure. :wub:

The Venom is nice and simple, almost identical to a custom one I made a few years back. :tongue:

At least Lego won't be getting my money for Venom.

Edited by The Blue Brick

The Venom is nice and simple

Almost too simple. I would try to get it if there was a presence of a tongue. Unless...is it not Venom and black-suited Spider-Man?

Maybe not entitlement but TLG is a family company, they pride themselves on that fact and try to engender this loyalty amongst their fan base. What they are doing here is not in keeping with the companies philosphy.

And you cannot say it's a reward for the people who've made the trip to San Diego when they know full well a lot of these items end up being sold for extortionate amounts of money.

TLG started as a continental European company and most of their sales are still done there. Why not reward those??

To me it's more about awarding people who are fortunate to attend. I would go to comic con if I could but it's incredibly difficult to the majority of people. Lots of people including myself cannot afford to go, can't get the time of work and live in another country. To me exclusives reward people who are already extremely lucky enough to attend and leaves the majority of fans who for whatever reason not able to attend at an unfair advantage.

Behold, ardent defenders of the current screw fans over system, why you are stubborn kiss-ups.

don't ban me, I'm done. not gonna be a last word getter

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I just noticed, the picture of the inmate Joker was taken down. Maybe it was supposedly leaked too early. *oh2*

Edited by The Blue Brick

Behold, ardent defenders of the current screw fans over system, why you are stubborn kiss-ups.

don't ban me, I'm done. not gonna be a last word getter

How are we stubborn kiss-ups? I don't seem to get your point at all. "Ardent defenders of the current screw fans over system" how are we defending a system we disagree with?

It seems I missed the pic, nuts. I'm sure it'll pop up again.

Like always, my video. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

How are we stubborn kiss-ups? I don't seem to get your point at all. "Ardent defenders of the current screw fans over system" how are we defending a system we disagree with?

No sorry for the mixup man, I was quoting you two as a clear voice of reason to people who DO agree with it

(like those I was going at it with in the topic I'd started in the ambassador forum) which I am now knocking off, because agreement won't happen one way or the other

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

At least it's not the "real" Venom, only the animated version. Hopefully if Venom proves to be an actual exclusive, it might just mean we're not getting this particular variant of Venom elsewhere.

It's still a nice minifigure though, and it'd go well with the animated Spider-Man.

I did some thinking about the new Joker and the possibility of a new Arkham Asylum, I had a scary thought and I'm sincerely hoping that it won't happen, but what if the set only includes villains we already have as inmates and no new villains?

which I am now knocking off, because agreement won't happen one way or the other

That sounds like a good idea.

It would be interesting to see who else would be included in an Arkham set. Would be cool to get DR Quinn would be like an origin type set.

Not so fussed on the exclusive minifigs. They look cool, but I am not going to lose sleep over not having them.

I'm rather glad that the Venom minifig is basically a black Spidey. Fingers crossed we get a better one later on.

Joker minifig looks cool, cannot wait to see the further Batman sets!

I did some thinking about the new Joker and the possibility of a new Arkham Asylum, I had a scary thought and I'm sincerely hoping that it won't happen, but what if the set only includes villains we already have as inmates and no new villains?

There could still be new villains arriving to break Joker and co. out, like somebody suggested with Scarecrow. And we may get new heroes with it too, Nightwing comes to mind (considering how the last DC sets were mostly rehashes).

There could still be new villains arriving to break Joker and co. out, like somebody suggested with Scarecrow. And we may get new heroes with it too, Nightwing comes to mind (considering how the last DC sets were mostly rehashes).

I hope that it won't be exactly the same as the first one (like the first DC wave :hmpf_bad: ), I just want them to go all out with a ton of cells and a huge building with a bunch of characters and generic figures.

I think the most viable solution for the fuss/complaints about the exclusive ComicCon minifigs is for TLG to simply release those characters in a different form in future sets, much like what they did with the Iron Man and Captain America exclusives which were released in regular sets in different variants. That way, they would satisfy the general fans' "need to get these characters in LEGO" while the ComiCon attendees get to keep their over-hyped/over-priced exclusive minifigures. I'm still optimistic about a Green Lantern set, and I'm hoping that we'll also eventually get these 4 exclusives (Phoenix, Venom, Shazam, Bizaaro) in regular sets somewhere along the line.

Let's focus on the positives here. TLG's proven that Super Heroes is a tremendously successful line and if the presence at the Con is any indication, I don't see the theme ending any time soon. This should translate into more sets and awesome figs for all of us. (Though less money will be in our wallets.)

It would be interesting to see who else would be included in an Arkham set. Would be cool to get DR Quinn would be like an origin type set.

Personally I'm holding out for a Calendar Man minifig. ;)

Courtesy of FBTB

Okay, now I am sad. At first I didn't really give much but that angry face on Jean... :wub:

If she would ever appear in a set, she'd so be my favorite female fig.

But seeing as everybody posts here, it's getting quite hard to collect all the news, is there any possibility that somoeone could collect all the info after COmiccon and post it together somewhere? :wink:

Great to see that Joker picture. I was hoping we would get an Updated Arkham Asylum, and it's hard to see them releasing that figure in anything but a new Asylum. I really hope we get Scarecrow, with updated Joker and Riddler's, Scarecrow's the next one I would love to have. A Hugo Strange figure would be pretty awesome too, and it seems like a set they could include him in fairly comfortably