Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

If its a gift for attendees....why the uproar? Just buy tickets for the event, travel there and problem solved. Just cause Lego produced something doesn't mean it's intended for the general public as a whole.

If its a gift for attendees....why the uproar? Just buy tickets for the event, travel there and problem solved. Just cause Lego produced something doesn't mean it's intended for the general public as a whole.

The problem with your solution is that Its not that easier for the majority of people. I would love to go to toy fair or comic con but in order to do that I need to buy flights to America, a hotel, tickets to the event, get some spending money saved up and book the time of work in order to get the fig. Lots of people would have bought a Dark Knight Rises set or a Green Lanturn set but instead Lego limited the number on them making it expensive for anyone outside of the USA to get them. Also the Special Iron man and Captain America figs were not just given to attendees you had to be invited by LEGO to a breakfast event to get them.

The problem with your solution is that Its not that easier for the majority of people. I would love to go to toy fair or comic con but in order to do that I need to buy flights to America, a hotel, tickets to the event, get some spending money saved up and book the time of work in order to get the fig. Lots of people would have bought a Dark Knight Rises set or a Green Lanturn set but instead Lego limited the number on them making it expensive for anyone outside of the USA to get them. Also the Special Iron man and Captain America figs were not just given to attendees you had to be invited by LEGO to a breakfast event to get them.

This... it's slightly more problematic for us Brits. Also, isn't the quantity always limited to 500 or so anyway?

'GRogall' you are a legend....thanks for the new images. I'm impressed with the new Spiderman and Doc Ock figures, the playset reminds me a little of the Hulk breakout set. This will sell like anything....hopefully out gunning that other MoB. :laugh:

I shall look forward to August to secure one of these sets. :wink:

For marvel, I definitely do not like the cap america minifig, it looks just like a drawing, or a rough draft.. Ironman looks ok, Thor is pretty good, and so is hulk. For DC, i like wonder woman's design, and batman's new mask is cool. Overall, I like the marvel sets,(maybe not the minfigs) but maybe that is just because I like marvel more than DC.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I think I'll have to sit out on buying this set. The figures are okay but the set is just not worth it. I hope we'll see another Spidey set so I can get him without Bricklink. Sorry Lego, but this set is not that great.

I'm OK with Spidey. Would have liked red shoulders, but I like the larger eyes as opposed to the earlier versions. At least, they look larger to me. I'll be buying this one.

Well, I like the set. It has that cartoony feeling that the DC ones did, and I prefer that to the movie based Marvel ones. It doesn't look that well designed or very exciting though, and I'm sure it's overpriced, but ah well. :shrug_oh_well:

I'm liking that Spider-Man and Iron Fist. Spidey looks way better than the movie version from several years ago. The majority of blue and large eyes make this a buy. It would be nice to get some emoting eye prints in future sets or minifig releases. I'm indifferent to the lab playset. It doesn't look stellar, but it's not absolutely awful. That Doc Ock is, though. The only thing that says this is him are the mechanical arms. I blame the show creators, though. I'd like to know the reasoning for the design.

I really want to see Nova in a future set, but they'll probably throw in Luke Cage. No problem if it's a good comic version, but they'll probably keep the animated look. Not a fan.

True, but that's the point. It's a special event and it's intended for them. It's not or the general public, so don't make an issue of it. Lego doesn't owe everything to everyone. That's all I'm saying.

True, but that's the point. It's a special event and it's intended for them. It's not or the general public, so don't make an issue of it. Lego doesn't owe everything to everyone. That's all I'm saying.

This. There's nothing wrong with exclusives. And, everybody here complaining about it would turn SO quick if they were on the other side of the fence. Am I upset that I won't be able to get 330003 for $35? Sure, but I'm not going to sit here and gripe about it.

Well, I like the set. It has that cartoony feeling that the DC ones did, and I prefer that to the movie based Marvel ones. It doesn't look that well designed or very exciting though, and I'm sure it's overpriced, but ah well. :shrug_oh_well:

I like it pretty much for the same reasons as you. Also, your Batcave mod idea is brilliant! :)

The problem isn't just limited to exclusive giveaways but I think a lot of people are dismayed that TLG seems to actively encourage grey market sales on a childrens toy. For a company of their reputation it doesn't seem very ethical nor in keeping with their ideology.

I agree Lego should give out freebies but I think they should be early releases of a character or the ability to get a couple of sets early. Instead Lego are making limited runs and making it difficult for non Americans and for people who cannot afford to get there or purchase them figs on the second market. It is a bit of a joke how much those figures rise in price on places like eBay. A lot of people of who get given these figures at these events are going to see the panels about TV shows and Movie panels. It's unfair how lots of Afols will never get the chance to own these figs and it's terrible how non Lego fans can be given a Green Lanturn exclusive fig and sell it for ridiculous prices. It seems that all these exculsive figs benefit is the rich.

I really want to see Nova in a future set, but they'll probably throw in Luke Cage. No problem if it's a good comic version, but they'll probably keep the animated look. Not a fan.

Ugh the CW all over again...I like the big cartoon eyes on Spider-Man however. I am sure if this set sells well, which I think it will, TLG will release atleast 1 or 2 more sets next year. The only disappointing thing is that it will probably be based off the cartoon still and not the comics.

Should the first page be updated with the new Spidey set now that we have clear pictures, piece count, release date, and price?

Edited by Spider-Man

Well, it looks like Iron Fist will be joining my Avengers team! :sweet: Although I'm not a big fan of Spidey in this set, I'll still get it. The lab looks quite cool, looks to be similarly sized to the Hulk Breakout one, and I think is cheaper. Hoping for other sets with other characters from the show, such as Luke Cage or Nova.

I'm sure that this minifig will be imposible to get here. :thumbdown:

It will be next to impossible to get at Comic Con too. Lego freebies are notoriously hard to get.

I'm not sure that this one is actually Lego's doing. This announcement sounds suspiciously like Warner commissioned a small run of custom special release minifigs from TLG to coincide with and be used to market their Shazzam stuff. We know they do these sorts of special commissioned things periodically ( see he TRU truck, some of the special airline sets, etc).

I do think that these will be available outside of the panel too. It's not very Lego like to do just maybe 10-25 of an exclusive minifigure unless it is one of their all gold C-3POs.

I really do think this will be very similar in #'s like the Green Lantern and Batman. Which I think was around 500 for SDCC and another 500 for NYCC.

I wouldn't say it's a kick in the teeth w/ regards to Lego offering an exclusive. It's not like they're giving them out to every single person. People have to jump through hoops to get one of these and wait in line for a couple of hours. People are shelling out up to $150 just to go to the show, and factor in other costs such as flight, gas, hotel and food. Exclusives should be special for attendees, whether they have to pay or wait in line for free stuff. Attendees are paying too, just in a more roundabout way for a chance at these exclusives.

If anyone really wants one, I suggest waiting until a lot are posted on eBay and definitely do not buy the first few that are listed. It's a pain in the rear, but if you're a completist or you just have to have a figure, that's what you have to do. I pretty much save whatever money I can for the yearly Toy Fair exclusives and other SDCC exclusives. It's not ideal, but if you really want something, that's what one has to do.

There's no fair way about it. Am I thrilled that the Shirtless Darth Maul was released in a small amount in the US for Toy Fair only and then a ton were released for Europe? Not especially, but I bought one from a European seller on eBay for what I hope is a cheap price.

I will be attending SDCC this year, and I'm hoping to grab a couple for myself and for a trade w/ an EB member. I don't look forward to any of the lines, the pushy fans or the irate Lego employees for when the pushy fans cause a raucous. It's a pain and sometimes I'd rather check out a really cool panel than stand in line for just a chance of a minifigure.

Ugh the CW all over again...I like the big cartoon eyes on Spider-Man however. I am sure if this set sells well, which I think it will, TLG will release atleast 1 or 2 more sets next year. The only disappointing thing is that it will probably be based off the cartoon still and not the comics.

'Ugh the CW all over again...' NOOO!! I truly hope that's not the case! In my opinion, so long as the figs don't look too cartoon-y, I will continue to buy sets based off this show. I really hope we get some more of Spidey's villains (Scorpion, Vulture, Green Goblin, Electro, Mysterio.... :wub: ), but I only hope they aren't, like I said, too cartoon-y.

Lego needs to stop making 'exclusives' and instead make 'early release' items. "Thanks for coming to our booth at SDCC. Would you like one of our 'early release' minifigs? They will eventually be widely available, but, as an SDCC attendee, you get them first." Then have them released as either a part of a set or polybag 6 months or so down the line.

Agree completely. Getting really sick and tired of all these exclusives that only serve to make a few lucky people very rich off of others. LEGO shouldn't be encouraging this kind of black market stuff, no matter how much they want to reward fans that come to toy fairs and whatnot. Handing out "temporarily rare" figures would be so much smarter. People could still get rich off of selling them while they're still rare, but it wouldn't be on the same astronomical scale as it is now.

'Ugh the CW all over again...' NOOO!! I truly hope that's not the case! In my opinion, so long as the figs don't look too cartoon-y, I will continue to buy sets based off this show. I really hope we get some more of Spidey's villains (Scorpion, Vulture, Green Goblin, Electro, Mysterio.... :wub: ), but I only hope they aren't, like I said, too cartoon-y.

But then look at the new Doc Ock fig. He's based off of Ultimate Spiderman, yet he's so un-cartoony that he could be compatible with the Avengers sets.

Good point K-Nut! Plus a lot of characters in the show have headgear or something on to cover their cartoony eyes. Nova has his helmet, Iron Fist has his mask, Luke Cage has his mask etc. My only concern is that if they make a Fury fig from the show and it ends up not looking right standing with the Avengers.

As for the other conversation going on. I don't think we should vilify TLG for making exclusives. They need to make some kind of presence at these conventions and this is just one way to do it, however I do agree with most here in saying that they should just to "pre-releases" of nice figs from sets to come in the future. Like maybe instead of Shazam they could have done a release of a Superman fig from the new Man of Steel sets coming out in 2013 or maybe a new suit for Iron Man that will be included with the Iron Man 3 movie sets? This way people that wanted them NOW could pay the ridiculous price, but other will also have a chance of getting them in the next 6 months to a year.

But then look at the new Doc Ock fig. He's based off of Ultimate Spiderman, yet he's so un-cartoony that he could be compatible with the Avengers sets.

Yes, exactly. That's what I mean: if they continue to make sets based off this show, I hope they stay like they are now, which isn't too cartoon-y. Especially Doc's other head makes him look very un-cartoon-y and makes me very happy. :classic:

I have to admit although I'm not a fan of the new Doc Ock fig I was pleased to see he had both a reversible head and his eyes are not 'CW style'. Maybe the figure will grow on me, I wasn't a fan of the new Two Face figure but after purchasing the set a couple of days ago I really like him.

Also I'm not sure about us seeing some of the classic villains just yet. As far as I can remember none of them have appeared yet on the show apart from Venom and Doc Ock. In the show Spidey and pals team up with with more Experience heroes to fight some of there villains like Loki and Sabretooth.