Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I'm fed up with these exclusives... I mean, I don't mind if Lego makes a few figs that they hand out to just a few people. What really upsets me is when it's about popular characters that people want, and Lego decides to make them exclusives. Lego is meant to be a toy, not a super rare collectible. :wacko:

I'm not sure that this one is actually Lego's doing. This announcement sounds suspiciously like Warner commissioned a small run of custom special release minifigs from TLG to coincide with and be used to market their Shazzam stuff. We know they do these sorts of special commissioned things periodically ( see he TRU truck, some of the special airline sets, etc).

I'm not sure that this one is actually Lego's doing. This announcement sounds suspiciously like Warner commissioned a small run of custom special release minifigs from TLG to coincide with and be used to market their Shazzam stuff. We know they do these sorts of special commissioned things periodically ( see he TRU truck, some of the special airline sets, etc).

The difference is those sets while limited to certain shops and companies can be purchased at any time. However with a convention or special event the figure or even set is extremley rare. Your more likely to find rocking horse poo than an exculsive figure for a reasonable price. Look at the toy fair Iron man and Cap figs their about £355 each.

Edited by Sam892

I agree with Faefrost. The Warner people are most likely the ones to have come up with this. I just find it awfully silly that there is no way to get one of these without being in the room and even then extremely lucky. Something like this should be made available through S@H with a certain dollar amount purchase, or even keep it in Warner's corner and have it as an extra wih the DVD set. You'd make a ton of extra sales off of that right there.

Look at the toy fair Iron man and Cap figs their about £355 each.

Lego needs to stop making 'exclusives' and instead make 'early release' items. "Thanks for coming to our booth at SDCC. Would you like one of our 'early release' minifigs? They will eventually be widely available, but, as an SDCC attendee, you get them first." Then have them released as either a part of a set or polybag 6 months or so down the line.

Hopefully Shazam comes to NYCC. I don't have the luck to get a ticket to SDCC nor do I have the money to. But, I do go to NYCC every year (Missed out on the LEGO stuff, though. Couldn't make it.))

But, if we get a Shazam, hopefully we get a Black Adam sometime.

I also wonder if Shazam will be in his Lego Batman 2 design. White cape, Bruce Wayne hair, and red suit with a lightning bolt.

Lego needs to stop making 'exclusives' and instead make 'early release' items. "Thanks for coming to our booth at SDCC. Would you like one of our 'early release' minifigs? They will eventually be widely available, but, as an SDCC attendee, you get them first." Then have them released as either a part of a set or polybag 6 months or so down the line.

That's a great idea!!

That's a great idea!!

Yeah, I would be MORE than appreciative just to be given something early like that. As someone else said, these are toys in the end. What if a kid for some reason just decided that the thing they way most is a Captain Marvel minifig. Too bad, son. You're SOL. Nobody in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a minifig just to give it to a kid.

The Superheroes line needs a train robbery to foil. Preferably a train that can have a PF motor added to it.

Now, who do we have to hold to ransom and threaten to chop bits off with a laser to make Lego do this? Or is this one of those things that can be most easily solved by poisoning a city's water supply?

:tongue:

The Superheroes line needs a train robbery to foil. Preferably a train that can have a PF motor added to it.

Now, who do we have to hold to ransom and threaten to chop bits off with a laser to make Lego do this? Or is this one of those things that can be most easily solved by poisoning a city's water supply?

Actually, a train set with Superman would be awesome. It might only have to be the engine and 1 car, but it could be the scene where he either stops a train or completes the track for the train like in the movie even if that scene didn't

And much sense.

Edited by iambob13

Or it could be a Spidey set :wub:

But I think this disscussion of a train set should go here in the Future Superhero Set Ideas

Anyway, DFC sets are now available on the French TRU website! I guess I was right when I thought they'd get a in store release with the game. So far, we've got the Funhouse (which was actually pulled off TRU store shelves in May, and was made an online exclusive), and the Lex Luthor power armour.

I'm a bit dissapointed that Shazam will be a SDCC exclusive, but at least the Spidey set isn't :classic:

Edited by Lance

Isn't there a Spiderman train scene set? From the second Spiderman movie? Granted it is ungodly expensive to get these days.

I'm dissapointed that Shazam's a Comic Con exclusive. I'm looking forward to see what it looks like though! :shrug_oh_well: Who knows, maybe a not-so-exclusive version will be released soon.

EDIT: Apparently I don't know how to use the shrug emoticon. :tongue:

Edited by purpleparadox

I agree with Faefrost. The Warner people are most likely the ones to have come up with this. I just find it awfully silly that there is no way to get one of these without being in the room and even then extremely lucky. Something like this should be made available through S@H with a certain dollar amount purchase, or even keep it in Warner's corner and have it as an extra wih the DVD set. You'd make a ton of extra sales off

I think people are misunderstanding what this probably is. I know this sort of thing is not hat common in our hobby, but it is extremely common in some others, such as model railroading. Over there much like minifigs, rail cars are often unique and collectables releases. Sometimes an outside agency, be it. Modeling club, a trade show, or a separate industry will commission to have a specific car made for them to sell or give away. They are often ade by the better model manufacturers. The third party may pay extra for a certain degree of exclusivity (so the company will not make another similar design). But it is that third party that then controls how the item is sold or distributed.

If Shazzam is as we suspect a commissioned piece, then no Lego would not likely be able to sell it directly. (but Warner may offer it online or at a gift shop, or as a pack in with a DVD set, etc)

Have HR versions of these been posted yet?

If not, will add e'm later!

c_6873_detail_1.jpg

d_6873_detail_2.jpg

m_6873_doctor_octopus.jpg

n_6873_spider_man.jpg

o_6873_iron_fist.jpg

Posted from my iPhone.

Edited by GRogall

Thanks for the pics, Grogall.

Spidey looks :wub:

I do hope we get more Spidey sets, though. Wasn't there a second one rumored?

Well, I think it's the best Marvel set, and it looks like it would be good for Batcave MODing too. :thumbup::wub: I probably won't be able to afford it, but oh well. :sadnew:

Have HR versions of these been posted yet?

If not, will add e'm later!

{pics}

Posted from my iPhone.

Love 'em. :wub:

Can't wait 'til August 1st.

I like this Spidey version a lot better than the other ones! Now I just want to see that back printing! :cry_happy:

I like how they change the orientation of the base to make is seem more dynamic and fun. But it's not. This set is very poor in my opinion. The figs are okay, but the set is not worth it. Pass.

This set is by far one of the poorest in the superheroes line if not the worst. I think I will most likely get it when I have some money off. The previous Spider-man is much better, like someone's said before this one looks like he's wearing pyjamas. At least Iron fist looks ok. Doc Ock looks like a cross between a homeless man and a cyborg John Lennon.

Doc Ock looks like a cross between a homeless man and a cyborg John Lennon.

That almost perfectly describes how Doc Oc is supposed to look. Homeless cyborg John Lennon.

I kinda like this set. I love Iron Fist. Doc Oc looks decent. Not crazy about the new Spidey, but I'll take what I can get. But is it just me, or does the core of this set design look strikingly familiar? I mean the same basic aesthetic and flow as the Hulk Helicarrier set, and Palpatines arrest. I know hat our more experienced people around here can tell who at TLG designed a certain set, just by looking at it. And each designer does have their own quirks and commonalities. But this is getting a little too obvious and repetitive.

I actually really like this set. Spidey looks way better now than he did before, Doc Ock looks spot on, and Iron Fist is pretty accurate too. No doubt in my mind that I'm picking this one up. :thumbup:

I ma be in the minority here, but I think I'd prefer the iconic Comic Doc Ock over this. Animated series or not, it looks like some bad Hollywood costume dept. hack job. Give me the bowl cut over this.

Now Iron Fist, on the other hand, looks fabulous. I'm not even all that disappointed in Spidey either, although I would've loved some arm and leg printing.

I'd give TLG a B- on this one... And it doesn't matter b/c we're all gonna buy it anyway...

And it doesn't matter b/c we're all gonna buy it anyway...

That is exactly right. There are strong feelings both ways on this set, but no matter what a lot people are going to buy it. And more likely then not all the people that like it and can afford it will buy it and then some that don't like it will still end up buying it.