Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Meh, I'm not very impressed.

The build itself looks unimpressive and generic (it could easily pass for any other villain's lab), so the main draw is the minifigs. Many sets with lackluster design rely on cool minifigs to sell, but the problem with this set is that Spider-man and Doc Ock aren't as great as their previous renditions, and the new minifig (Iron Fist) is a somewhat obscure character.

$50 is too much for it. Even on sale I would still have to think about it.

From what I see, I'm gonna pass on it. We'll see once we get a more clear picture. It looks semi interesting at this point. I really want a Spidey, but this may not be the route I go.

Meh, it looks as if they took the template of Hellcarrier Breakout andCrazy Scientist from the Moster Fighters set, and superimposed Spidey on top. Not interested.

Edited by thornie

Ok set, I think Doc Ocks lab could use some more sewer elements, like pipes, as it is in the sewer. Which is as much as I know from watching 1 episode of that sub-par show.

I'll still be getting it though; I do hope for more spidey sets.

looks ok to me and it's nice to see iron fist, he's a character i really didn't see coming, seeing as most of the current marvel set are avengers based. can't wait to see the more detail on this set :sweet:

Edited by Dr_knork

Well, it looks alright. I'll probably pick it up, depending on the price over here.

Would like to have Iron Fist be a part of my Avengers line up :classic:

I really want to see Spidey's back printing :cry_happy: This set will be a must if Spidey's back has the red spider symbol, as well as his red "belt" type print wrapping around to the back!

Seems like 2012 is a great year for LEGO laboratories/dungeons. You've got the Helicarrier Breakout, this Doc Ock laboratory, the one in the Monster Fighters set.. The Batcave could kind of count too, and wasn't there even a lab in the Friends theme?!

It looks okay, but the minifigures aren't really essential for me, if it's £20 I'll definitely pick it up. I don't much like the sets based on the interior of buildings (Or giant flying 6 rotored aircraft carriers), I'd much rather get vehicles.

Looks like a good parts pack though.

I don't much like the sets based on the interior of buildings (Or giant flying 6 rotored aircraft carriers), I'd much rather get vehicles.

That's kind of the issue inherent to superhero-based sets. Not every hero has a "{insert partial character name}-mobile" like Batman. A set featuring the Spider-mobile might be funny, since it was introduced in the comics as a joke about that practice.

That's why Batman works so well in LEGO form - because he has all those "wonderful toys". The 'Super Friends' toy series introduced a small jet plane for Superman - I don't think I need to tell you how ridiculous the idea of that is... This is why we get Lex in a Mech suit against Superman and Wonder Woman, both of whom are 'on foot', or we get interiors and exteriors of buildings. While Batman has the Batcave, though, Spider-man has... an upstairs bedroom in Aunt May's house. I think we're going to see more playset-based sets in most of the Superheroes line, as opposed to vehicle-based sets.

That's kind of the issue inherent to superhero-based sets. Not every hero has a "{insert partial character name}-mobile" like Batman. A set featuring the Spider-mobile might be funny, since it was introduced in the comics as a joke about that practice.

Actually, in the Ultimate Spider-Man show (which this set is based on anyway), Spidey does have a tricked-out motorbike that Shield gives him. Granted I've watched only the first five episodes so it might get destroyed later on and I wouldn't know, but it was there.

I'm really interested in how the back of Iron Fists mask will look.

Neat set but I am holding out hope for more DC sets.

It looks okay, but I can't make out too much detail. :sceptic: I'll reserve judgement for when better pictures come out, which will be soon I'd hope.

It looks okay, but I can't make out too much detail. :sceptic: I'll reserve judgement for when better pictures come out, which will be soon I'd hope.

I agree ...the set looks nice but the picture is not so clear :classic:

Actually, in the Ultimate Spider-Man show (which this set is based on anyway), Spidey does have a tricked-out motorbike that Shield gives him. Granted I've watched only the first five episodes so it might get destroyed later on and I wouldn't know, but it was there.

Which kind of runs counter to the decades old running joke that Spiderman / Peter Parker never learned to drive or get a drivers license.

I'm trying to think what Superheroes actually have their own well known vehicles? Fantastic Four has a lot of possibilities. Moon Knight helicopter or mangy cab. Punishervan. X Men Blackbird. Nick Fury flying car. over on the DC side you have the Batmobile, and Blue Beetles bug, and.... Ummm...?

He is Iron Fist. Another lesser known super hero but is in the new TV show that this set is based off of! :thumbup:

Also in the show there are a lot of other Marvel character's that we could potentially see! They have Nick Fury, Dr. Doom, Luke Cage, and most of the Avengers have been present at one time or another :thumbup:

I can see that it resembles it. Here.

I'm trying to think what Superheroes actually have their own well known vehicles? Fantastic Four has a lot of possibilities. Moon Knight helicopter or mangy cab. Punishervan. X Men Blackbird. Nick Fury flying car. over on the DC side you have the Batmobile, and Blue Beetles bug, and.... Ummm...?

Wonder Woman's Invisble Jet; Lobo's Space-Bike, Catman used to have a Catmobile, the Green Lanterns can actually create whatever vehicle they (or Lego) want,

Robin had his own car, called the Redbird (introduced during Knightfall), at the same time Batman had a rail-based vehicle (also used by Jean-Paul Valley/AzBat),

the Teen/New/Titans had a jet, Young Justice had a Whizz-Car (or something like that... also used by Superboy & the Ravers), and there could also be a Bruce Wayne/Lex Luthor-Set with a black Limousine... :wink:

Edited by Nebsirob

Well, well, so we finally get a picture of this set! It certainly isn't anything too exciting, but I was already expecting it to be Ock's lab since he never leaves it in the show, and there really isn't anything else from the show that a set with this title could have been based on. I like laboratory settings, and this looks like a nice parts pack if anything, so I'll be getting it.

Which kind of runs counter to the decades old running joke that Spiderman / Peter Parker never learned to drive or get a drivers license.

Not really. In fact, the whole purpose of the introduction of that bike was just to make that joke. All Spidey did with that bike was to drive it uncontrollably through the city (due to not having learned how to drive, unbeknown to Fury and the rest of SHIELD, which is actually kind of silly), proving to Fury that he is not ready to have his own ride, and he has not been allowed to use it ever since, which may be the reason why it's not included in the set (other than the fact that it seems to be based on an entirely different episode).

Yeah, there are more villains with vehicles than heroes. I can imagine a lot of villain-based sets, but not many hero-based ones, unless Lego makes something up, like Cap's Avenging Cycle or any of those obscure vehicles that Batman and Robin drive.

By the way, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is a new Super Heroes Magnet Set on Brickset containing Superman, Wonder Woman, and Two Face for some reason.

By the way, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is a new Super Heroes Magnet Set on Brickset containing Superman, Wonder Woman, and Two Face for some reason.

Thanks. :thumbup: Just out of curiosity, could Lego release these magnets unglued if they wanted to? I mean, considering there are Marvel and DC action figure licenses, would they have licensing issues like they did with Star Wars?

Thanks for the picture!

However, I myself don't like the set very much. :sceptic:

Thanks. :thumbup: Just out of curiosity, could Lego release these magnets unglued if they wanted to? I mean, considering there are Marvel and DC action figure licenses, would they have licensing issues like they did with Star Wars?

They probably could do it with the non-licensed ones, but I'm not so sure about the licensed ones. I think they're doing it just in case something like the issue with the Star Wars magnets comes up, but who knows. :sceptic: