Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

They wouldn't release dark knight sets at the same time as the Avengers ones. they could release them later on in the year like the fall maybe but they most likely had to choose between the two.

The Dark Knight Rises comes out in the Summer, and The Avengers is already out or comes out within the next few days, depending on where you live.

Spiderman looks like a better competitor with its July 3rd release date for DKR rather than Avengers.

Just got back from the movie, and the funny thing is, you know that Space Invaders/Galaga thing in the Hulk set? That was actually in the movie! :tongue:

-Sci

Just got back from the movie, and the funny thing is, you know that Space Invaders/Galaga thing in the Hulk set? That was actually in the movie! :tongue:

-Sci

I noticed that too. Most of the sets aren't that true to the movie though. I did laugh. :laugh:

Received the following sets:

- Cpt. America

- The Cosmic Cube escape set

- The Funhouse/ Dynamic Duo Escape

- The Superman set

All the main DC and Marvel characters for the price of 125 EUR. I'd better start building :wink:

(finally... after 7 months of waiting [ not counting from the announcement on Comic-Con])

You could bought some dc superhero sets on amazon.co.uk I got my sets in January, and i live in The Netherlands ;)

So does nobody think we might see TDKR sets in LEGO's first wave of next year?

I believe we did see TDK sets some years ago, around 2008 (although I doubt they were accurate as far as I remember, but still),

and we're getting LOTR now too - if you count some other licenses we've had, why wouldn't we get TDKR sets? Seems possible to me, at least.

We already had the TDKR Batman figure (although exclusive) as a promotional figure at the Comic Con thing last year.

Seems a bit of a sign to me that we could expect TDKR sets coming along the way, too.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

I got back from The Avengers a few hours ago. Where was Captain America's motorcycle in the movie? Also, I think that Fury should've replaced Iron Man in the Cosmic Cube Breakout set. And why is Hawkeye driving the plane and quinjet in the Lego sets?

I got back from The Avengers a few hours ago. Where was Captain America's motorcycle in the movie? Also, I think that Fury should've replaced Iron Man in the Cosmic Cube Breakout set. And why is Hawkeye driving the plane and quinjet in the Lego sets?

I believe there's already a thread for this, but Hawkeye or Black-Widow (I forget which) does indeed fly the Quinjet at one point. Also, less people would buy a set if it came with some random jet pilot, they want to have the Avengers! :laugh:

(The bike's at the end)

And why is Hawkeye driving the plane and quinjet in the Lego sets?

Hawkeye isn't in the Quinjet set.

-Omi

So does nobody think we might see TDKR sets in LEGO's first wave of next year?

I believe we did see TDK sets some years ago, around 2008 (although I doubt they were accurate as far as I remember, but still),

and we're getting LOTR now too - if you count some other licenses we've had, why wouldn't we get TDKR sets? Seems possible to me, at least.

We already had the TDKR Batman figure (although exclusive) as a promotional figure at the Comic Con thing last year.

Seems a bit of a sign to me that we could expect TDKR sets coming along the way, too.

~ General Magma

They did a have Tumbler set. The set as a whole wasn't exactly accurate, it had Joker(non Ledger) and an ice cream truck. The tumbler itself looked good though.

Hawkeye isn't in the Quinjet set.

-Omi

I just realized this, I don't know why I thought that. :look:

And I don't remember Black Widow flying the quinjet either, but I'll take your guys' word for it.

Edited by Commander Assassin

And I don't remember Black Widow flying the quinjet either, but I'll take your guys' word for it.

Let's leave those discrepancies for the other thread since they've been discussed pretty thoroughly there. Let's keep this thread a little less spoilery.

Thank you for moderating this! I have not seen the movie yet due to finals and have been avoiding the continuity thread to avoid any spoilers!

As for TDKR sets, I do not think we will see any this year but TLG has done crazier things. To me LoTR and these Superhero sets are the big releases for this year. Any TDKR set would just

be a bonus! :sweet:

Actually, she did: she flew the Quinjet when Thor first appeared, and en route to NYC.

Let's leave those discrepancies for the other thread since they've been discussed pretty thoroughly there. Let's keep this thread a little less spoilery.

Ok sorry, I didn't see the other thread until someone mentioned it.

Actually, she did: she flew the Quinjet when Thor first appeared, and en route to NYC.

Oh, now I remember.

I figured since the set was based on the battle in the city since it came with the alien guys, but it makes sense for Lego to make it for both scenes.

Does anyone have any new info about the LEGO Avengers promo poster that will be given away at select theaters?

No idea what theaters it's being given out at (none of the ones around me seem to have it), but here's a picture of the back of the poster that Rick over at FBTB posted:

6999373420_572427d565_z.jpg

LEGO Avengers Promo Poster (Back) by Rick_3691, on Flickr

No idea what theaters it's being given out at (none of the ones around me seem to have it), but here's a picture of the back of the poster that Rick over at FBTB posted:

{pic}

*Sigh* I wish I could get one of those posters. I called all of my local theaters on Friday, and none of them had it. I did get the regular poster for it though, which I'm happy about.

I wonder how big the LEGO version of the poster is.

My theater had them (in DC, USA) it is 4x the size as the comic adventure that came in the helicarrier set (i was too lazy to measure it). :blush:

I am going to the movie today and will definitely check to see if they have one of those posters! :thumbup:

Also what is the poster that came in the Helicarrier set?

Edit: Never mind after seeing the poster I understand what "piemaster1446" was talking about with the helicarrier comic book. The poster is simply four times the size of any of the comics books you get in the super hero sets! :thumbup:

Edited by Iron-Man

I am going to the movie today and will definitely check to see if they have one of those posters! :thumbup:

Also what is the poster that came in the Helicarrier set?

What hellicarrier set? Also my theater had plenty of posters I went to see the movie a second time just to get another. I would post pictures of it but it is to big for my photo scanner and I have a crappy camera. I am sure you can find a pic of the front some where on the web.

Saw the movie twice this weekend, both different theaters. Each one had no clue what I was talking about when I asked for a LEGO poster.

I'm dissapointed.

-Sci

I just saw the movie on Friday, but didn't know about any poster. I'll have to call my theater tomorrow to see.

I might need to go see the movie again. :grin:

Just got back from seeing the Avengers and first off that was an amazing movie! I recommend it for anyone!

Also I noticed on the ticket box office they had hung up one of the LEGO Avengers posters and much to my surprise right underneath it was one more! So easy to say I took it and never looked back! My advice for anyone going and looking for one would be to first, look for the poster hanging somewhere, and second ask an employee just to make sure you do not miss out since it is such a great looking poster!

On Friday I asked my local theater for the Lego poster, but they just gave me a weird look. Oh well... :cry_sad:

But now that I've seen the movie, I can't wait to pick up the sets! (I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any Avengers sets until after I saw it.)

What hellicarrier set? Also my theater had plenty of posters I went to see the movie a second time just to get another. I would post pictures of it but it is to big for my photo scanner and I have a crappy camera. I am sure you can find a pic of the front some where on the web.

The front is this: http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/03/avengers-lego-poster-500x625.jpg