Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I saw the Avengers movie yesterday! And it was good! Perhaps not 'Ironman' or 'Thor' good, but certainly better than Ironman 2. Joss Whedon's touches are unmistakeable, which, as a fan of his work, I can appreciate.

I'll not spoil anything but as usual, the Lego sets based on the movie are... less than accurate to the movie :classic: . Especially the character choice in the sets is sometimes... surprising. Still, on the whole, most of the 4 sets are recognisable in the movie, most of all the Quinjet, which on the whole is surprisingly accurate.

I also saw the movie today and its made me want the Hulk set even more. Too bad its not available in Australia yet (which is totally stupid, you would think they would want the merchandise product for one of the most anticipated superhero films ever made to be on the shelf at the same time as the film...)

I saw the Avengers movie yesterday! And it was good! Perhaps not 'Ironman' or 'Thor' good, but certainly better than Ironman 2. Joss Whedon's touches are unmistakeable, which, as a fan of his work, I can appreciate.

I'll not spoil anything but as usual, the Lego sets based on the movie are... less than accurate to the movie :classic: . Especially the character choice in the sets is sometimes... surprising. Still, on the whole, most of the 4 sets are recognisable in the movie, most of all the Quinjet, which on the whole is surprisingly accurate.

I would say the character choices in the sets are fairly spot on apart from The Loki cosmic cube set. Can't shake the feeling that set may have been the one that should have contained Fury. I refuse to put that in spoiler tags as I ain't revealing any plot points.

Really sad to hear that was a place for Fury that LEGO missed out on :cry_sad:

Hopefully that just means that they have a bigger better set for him to be in!

I would say the character choices in the sets are fairly spot on apart from The Loki cosmic cube set. Can't shake the feeling that set may have been the one that should have contained Fury. I refuse to put that in spoiler tags as I ain't revealing any plot points.

Yeah, you are probably right on both counts, and perhaps I was thinking too much about that specific set when I claimed that character choices might have been different. Yes, definitely the set which could have and should have featured Fury.

I also saw the movie today and its made me want the Hulk set even more. Too bad its not available in Australia yet (which is totally stupid, you would think they would want the merchandise product for one of the most anticipated superhero films ever made to be on the shelf at the same time as the film...)

How'd you guys see the movie? A premiere, I suppose. From what I've seen of the Quinjet, it looks like the movie version quite well. The S.H.I.E.L.D truck may or may not, same with the aliens...

How'd you guys see the movie? A premiere, I suppose. From what I've seen of the Quinjet, it looks like the movie version quite well. The S.H.I.E.L.D truck may or may not, same with the aliens...

The films out already in Europe. I assume they saw it there. There have been premieres as well. I saw it earlier. Best Marvel film yet.

I've only picked up the Captain America set so far, it's a nice little set.

Edited by LMB10

How'd you guys see the movie? A premiere, I suppose.

The movie has opened wide at other parts of the world already, I believe. I've been hearing about it from Facebook/Twitter feeds from my friends living in Asia.

I just got back from seeing the film and loved it. There's lots of potential sets that could still come from the film. I can think of two of hand but I won't say invade of spoilers. Also a word of warning like the other films there's a scene in the credits. In reference to a nick fury fig there's loads of chances to still get him. There's ironman 3 and Thor 2 out next year not to mention sequals to the avengers. He could even be a promotional figure for later on in the year or be released in a set later on this year like the Davy jones was in black pearl. One thing I hope for is that he's not a comic con exculsive.

The jam-packed Marvel movie schedule really terrifies me though. I think it's going to heavily restrict Lego's Marvel offerings... taking up all the space that could be used for 'classic comics' sets, like all the DC Super Heroes sets we've got.

Though I'm thinking they could hopefully do a flip. Make most sets comics-based like the single x-men set we've got, and just throw in one smaller tie-in set per movie.

Remember though that TLG does not have any rights to produce sets based on the X-Men films, the Fantastic Four films or the Spiderman films, only the comic book versions of those characters.

Their rights extend only to films produced by Marvel Productions.

Saw it yuesterday and I would say the sets are a damned fine representation, the aliens look very similar and the minifigures in each set make sense. Although a Shield helicarrier bridge would have been awesome, with Fury, Maria Hill and Colson, Cappy and some shield agents, it would have easily been my favourite set.

Remember though that TLG does not have any rights to produce sets based on the X-Men films, the Fantastic Four films or the Spiderman films, only the comic book versions of those characters.

Their rights extend only to films produced by Marvel Productions.

Yeah and I for one am pleased about this. I do like most of the movies (especially X-Men first class) but I would rather have sets based on the comic characters. i don't like the black leather X-men outfits, much prefer traditional ones.

For anyone who has seen the movie, is the Hulk wearing the tan pants like he is in the figure we got in the Helicarrier set?

I sure hope so since in the preliminary pictures of the Hulk he was wearing the iconic purple and then later switched over to the tan :sceptic:

For anyone who has seen the movie, is the Hulk wearing the tan pants like he is in the figure we got in the Helicarrier set?

I sure hope so since in the preliminary pictures of the Hulk he was wearing the iconic purple and then later switched over to the tan :sceptic:

I am fairly sure he does the first time he Hulks out, yes.

Do we know when we will see the next waves of sets yet?

I am fairly sure he does the first time he Hulks out, yes.

Do we know when we will see the next waves of sets yet?

January. :thumbup:

When we first meet him he is wearing tan pants/chinos. Later he gets new pants by virtue of having ripped his old ones..... :wink: The set is technically correct

Edited by surrideo

Thats a relief! Atleast there is a reason to LEGO changing it up and giving us the tan pants! Haha even though I am one of the people that really like the big Hulk we got :thumbup:

I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing more new comic book characters in the next wave rather than TLG reusing these same characters over and over

Found the polybag Batman jetski this week at TRU in Louisville. Bought two and opened one, it had the newer TDKR inspired cowl. I like it a lot more than the older cowl. The jetski is cool but the set isn't worth $4.99 to me.

I just got back from seeing the film and loved it. There's lots of potential sets that could still come from the film. I can think of two of hand but I won't say invade of spoilers. Also a word of warning like the other films there's a scene in the credits. In reference to a nick fury fig there's loads of chances to still get him. There's ironman 3 and Thor 2 out next year not to mention sequals to the avengers. He could even be a promotional figure for later on in the year or be released in a set later on this year like the Davy jones was in black pearl. One thing I hope for is that he's not a comic con exculsive.

Yep! And I wish it will be the Helicarrier, just like a Star Wars set. It will be the best set to include Nick Fury and also other SHIELD Agents. Coulson and Hill :D

Having just got round to opening the Capt America set he seems to have a much darker blue colouring than I've noticed in the pictures. Anyone else noticed this?

Saw the movie yesterday and for once the IMDB.com score is justified :)

On the other hand- I fear that I'll have to go to another country if I want to buy any of the Marvel sets.

I'd be really surprised if they'll ever get released out here. :(

Having just got round to opening the Capt America set he seems to have a much darker blue colouring than I've noticed in the pictures. Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, I think he's too dark. :sadnew:

Yeah, apparently Cap has a thing for the tanning bed when he's not fighting villains. :)

As for the new cowl in the jetski polybag, the older style Batman heads seem to work a bit better than the new heads. Lower printing, I suppose.