Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

why do people seem to be expecting a UCS style set for super heroes??

It takes a theme a long time of established sales to get that kind of treatment, not one wave. If there is any UCS style set it will be for Batman as it's a core licensed line.

And I wish people would stop going on about Nick Fury, he'll turn up when he turns up! He is not one of the characters most kids will want to see in the initial sets. They want the headline acts not the support cast.

It takes a theme a long time of established sales to get that kind of treatment, not one wave. If there is any UCS style set it will be for Batman as it's a core licensed line.

The original Batman line had a UCS set in about the first wave, and Spongebob had that odd build-a-Bob. But you are right that UCS in the way people are talking about it (expensive and highly detailed playset) usually take a while for a theme to put out.

why do people seem to be expecting a UCS style set for super heroes??

And I wish people would stop going on about Nick Fury, he'll turn up when he turns up! He is not one of the characters most kids will want to see in the initial sets. They want the headline acts not the support cast.

So what are Black Widow and Hawkeye? Main characters, or headline acts as you said, by that rationale.

I don't know is this as been asked but will lego be releaseing anymore DC or Marvel sets next year?

Only time will tell. Hopefully we'll find out LEGO's plans for the Super Heroes theme at SDCC 2012. I'm pretty sure we'll get a few more years of this theme, though. :wink:

I don't know is this as been asked but will lego be releaseing anymore DC or Marvel sets next year?

Yes, it has been asked numerous times, and yes, they will. It's a multi-year license. :wink:

That's good to know. I haven't been able to find any info regarding the length of the licensing agreement and was worried we'd get a repeat of the original Batman theme.

The batman theme had three solid waves though :look:. Well more like two and a half.

So what are Black Widow and Hawkeye? Main characters, or headline acts as you said, by that rationale.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are seen in action sequences, whereas Nick Fury mostly attends to administrative duties. In those pictures of the Avengers being 'Assembled' in the middle of the war zone, it's Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Tron, Black Widow and Hawkeye, so those are the toys we get.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are seen in action sequences, whereas Nick Fury mostly attends to administrative duties. In those pictures of the Avengers being 'Assembled' in the middle of the war zone, it's Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, Tron, Black Widow and Hawkeye, so those are the toys we get.

Not really and that still doesn't explain Hawkeye and Black Widow who are two minor characters in the exact same vein as Nick Fury and are not "headline acts" or main characters. Also, Nick Fury looks really administrative in that movie poster with his gun out. Still a poor excuse for trying to quash discussion of a Nick Fury minifig in a thread dedicated to discussion that is just that.

Edited by moop

"Administrate this, mothafucka!"

Samuel-L-Jackson-in-The-Avengers-1-600x338.jpg

Yup, very administrative. :sarcasm: Although I get what you mean. Out of all the Avengers, he seems to be seeing the least action, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to be made as a fig. :wink:

And just because this has been discussed to death already doesn't mean we can't keep doing it. :grin:

Yup, very administrative. :sarcasm: Although I get what you mean. Out of all the Avengers, he seems to be seeing the least action, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to be made as a fig. :wink:

And just because this has been discussed to death already doesn't mean we can't keep doing it. :grin:

Nick Fury should not be an Avenger, Fury is the the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yes but Fury is the one that assembles the Avengers in the Ultimate universe and this new movie universe. Also S.H.I.E.L.D. works alongside the Avengers. Technically in the movie universe Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't Avengers but agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edited by Super Goblin

It's 6:40 in the morning here, and you already made my day! :rofl::iamded_lol::head_back:

On a more serious note, I think Nick Fury will show up in some kind of S.H.I.E.L.D. mission control or HQ or something. TLG seems to love those.

Edited by purpleparadox

On a more serious note, I think Nick Fury will show up in some kind of S.H.I.E.L.D. mission control or HQ or something. TLG seems to love those.

That sounds very cool indeed. Maybe it'll have some random S.H.I.E.L.D agents as well :sweet:

Ah man... I want the sets to be available here as well >.<

I really hope they arrive in the first week of May, around the time of the movie as well. I can't wait!!

Regards,

Mitch

*Snip*

:roflmao::iamded_lol::roflmao::iamded_lol:

Yes but Fury is the one that assembles the Avengers in the Ultimate universe and this new movie universe. Also S.H.I.E.L.D. works alongside the Avengers. Technically in the movie universe Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't Avengers but agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Correct. Widow has S.H.I.E.L.D. logos on her suit (on the shoulders).

Edited by LEGOman273

Ah man... I want the sets to be available here as well >.<

I really hope they arrive in the first week of May, around the time of the movie as well. I can't wait!!

Where did you get this information *oh2*

Are the Batman sets also due for the first week of May?

Nick Fury will most likely be in a big "exclusive" set, such as POTC's Black Pearl which had the sought after Davy Jones in it. So, maybe S.H.I.E.L.D's main HQ will have him in it. Either way, I'd eat my shoes if Nick Fury isn't released at some point! :laugh:

Where did you get this information *oh2*

Are the Batman sets also due for the first week of May?

I didn't. I said I was hoping, not knowing :wink:

But I do hope the DC sets will arrive soon as well. I want Superman :cry_happy:

Regards,

Mitch

But I do hope the DC sets will arrive soon as well. I want Superman :cry_happy:

Fantastic, I just want the sets for the minifigs. Batman, The Joker & The Riddler (and perhaps the Superman set, just because you get all the main characters of the Superman Franchise in 1 set for a really good price.)