Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I finally picked up my first Avenger set, and it was the Captain America set. It's a great little cheap set. I love the variety of gold pieces that come with it, especially the aliens. :sweet:

Edited by just2good

I don't think I've seen this mentioned before; with the Ironman helmet the white in the eyes is part of the mask. Why couldn't they do the same with Batman instead of the "headband" which limits the use of the unmasked head?

I don't think I've seen this mentioned before; with the Ironman helmet the white in the eyes is part of the mask. Why couldn't they do the same with Batman instead of the "headband" which limits the use of the unmasked head?

Perhaps it's the reason that children have seen Iron Man more like this.

ironman_04hr-700x452.jpg

After almost 4 full months of the US having these sets, this is unfair. Especially because people in these areas want them, but even more because some in these areas are giving into scalpers just to get the sets. Ultimately, this hurts Lego. They lose sales in the country where these sets are unavailable via lego.com. Understandably, people would rather pay unfair prices to get the set for themselves or as a gift for someone rather than wait 6 or 7 months. That is totally understandable from the customer point of view.

I'm sure it has to do with Lego trying to provide the largest amount of licensed sets to the market that will give it the most in revenue. After all, Lego is a business. They can only produce so much at one time, and no matter how memorably, it's a business. Meaning, they have to do what's best for themselves to continue delivering exceptional quality.

Still, it's unfair for those in country "x" who want the sets, but are penalized because their county as a whole is not as strong as market as country "y" for the super hero sets.

Maybe its because the US are more familiar with the charakters from the comics than we are in Europe (especialy my country:(). But its still strange because we got the POTC sets almost the same week as the other european countries got them, so why doesnt this go for the DC sets, is it because it was such a popular movie?

Perhaps it's the reason that children have seen Iron Man more like this.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ironman_04hr-700x452.jpg

What does that have to do with anything? I personally agree with Churchill, it would make more sense for Batman's eyes to be printed, but I think they went with the eye holes either because A) They didn't want to create a new mold, or B) it's easier/cheaper to produce the cowl without printing. I guess you could also argue that Batman's eyes are somewhat sunken in since he has a tight mask whereas Iron Man's are not, but I don't think that would be a big decision making factor for TLG.

Ironman has a helmet where his eyes are covered while Batman has a mask where his eyes are not.

I'm amazed no one has posted this yet, but Smutoys has done a review of the Batman boat polybag (30160).

He claims to have received it from a friend who brought it at a LEGO store. The best part is that the helmet piece is the new modified one! :sweet:

If someone already posted this...

Edited by just2good

I'm amazed no one has posted this yet, but Smutoys has done a review of the Batman boat polybag (30160).

Cool! I really want that now! Hopefully it starts to show up at TRU or something.

I never see polybags on sale in England they are always released as part of the sun giveaways. I know they end up cheaper but the cashiers look at you strangely when you wait in a massive line with 10 copies of the same paper one day and two copies the next.

Now I'm definitely going to buy that polybag, just for the TDKR mask.

Just bought 6865 and 6867 today, and they're both great sets. However, the only dissapointment I have with the Marvel line is the lack of locations (Avenger-wise, not Spider-man wise).

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Gave Tony and Loki some hair.

*Snipe*

I think that Loki would look better with this hair in black.

(See here)

Not perfect, but it captures Loki's hairstyle better IMHO.

I think the inclusion of the new cowl in the polybag was unintentional, just like with the other sets, since the instructions show the old one. I'd be very surprised if the appearance of this cowl at this time was intentional as it doesn't seem to fit on the current Batman head.

That jetski is indeed pretty good for a promo set. I wasn't planning on getting it, but now I just might pick it up if I see it somewhere.

I was planning on doing the same thing with my Tony Stark, I think from the poster the official hair LEGO used was that same mold in dark brown. :classic:

2uha9v9.png

Philip swift head, obi wan hair. Tamara (POTC green mermaid) head, Boromir hair.

If anyone have these pieces I'd like to see them put together(obvioudsly not boromir hair)

Edited by deskp

*snip*

Philip swift head, obi wan hair. Tamara (POTC green mermaid) head, Boromir hair.

If anyone have these pieces I'd like to see them put together(obvioudsly not boromir hair)

This guy used the head but not the hair, I really like the head and hair choice though.

I think that Loki would look better with this hair in black.

(See here)

Not perfect, but it captures Loki's hairstyle better IMHO.

I would say Bruce Wayne's hair would be a better fit, because his hair is not that long in the film.

*Snipe*

Those look perfect. :thumbup:

I would say Bruce Wayne's hair would be a better fit, because his hair is not that long in the film.

You're right; I had forgotten that piece.

Edited by LEGOman273

I think the inclusion of the new cowl in the polybag was unintentional, just like with the other sets, since the instructions show the old one. I'd be very surprised if the appearance of this cowl at this time was intentional as it doesn't seem to fit on the current Batman head.

I think it was intentional, but in the same vein of the life-vest from the City Harbor line of 2011. The first release of the sets had the original vest, the new vest started to appear in the Jet Ski polybag, and then the second release of the Harbor sets had the new vest (which is the one I got in the Fishing Boat).

You're right; I had forgotten that piece.

Is there another piece everyone may have forgotten?*Cough cough*. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this old snape hair piece. From the trailers, we can see his hair is longer than in Thor and thus I think the Bruce Wayne is not long enough at the back. Whereas, the old snape seems long enough at the back like Loki's does in The Avengers.

Just my opinion on the matter though :tongue:

Edited by Housey98

I prefer Bruce wayne hair for loki, the slick hair in front/on top is more important to me than the hair in the back.

Wouldn't mind a new head print and hairpiece for him for Thor 2 lego sets(hope)