Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I was wondering why the cowl I received in the new Batwing set seemed off. Now I know why.

Can you please take some comparison pictures? like from all 4 sides of the cowls.

putting this "new" cowl on a regular head does not result in eyes showing through the eye holes.

But it does show the edge of the white part right? so if they made a new print they would jsut need to nudge white part down a bit or raise the eyes.

I'd like them to put out as many Nolan-movies sets as possible while its still a thing.

Two-face, Joker, Bane, Scarecrow and Catwoman please! Ra's would be cool aswell but hes the most boring of the bunch.

There's nothing boring about Liam Neeson :laugh:

I think a Nolan Bane could look pretty epic in Lego, and really liked Cilian Murphy's rendition of Scarecrow, so a lego version of that would be sweet. Would depend if they just stuck to the third movie in regards to sets, especially for Joker

That new cowl looks pretty sweet! I really hope this means TDK sets.

And maybe, eventually, a Heath Ledger styled Joker minifigure! :laugh:

deskp

When I picture a "beefier" minifig for Thing or Juggernaut, I am thinking of Hagrid size maybe. Still very much Lego, but not so huge like the new Hulk. Anyway, just an idea.

As far as the cowl, that new one does look sweet. I would love to see some TDK/TDKR sets. I kept putting off getting a black Batman, but then I couldn't wait any longer. I would imagine we would get a new print job on TDKR Batman, so either way, having two wouldn't be a problem. As we get closer to the movie release, we will hopefully know more. It will either deliver an awesome set(s) to us fans, or we will overhype the possibility and be majorly disappointed. I think TLG should just make us happy and release a few sets hehe.

deskp

When I picture a "beefier" minifig for Thing or Juggernaut, I am thinking of Hagrid size maybe. Still very much Lego, but not so huge like the new Hulk. Anyway, just an idea.

Your Hagrid mention gave me the inspiration to explain why I like Hulk's fig as opposed to a fig who was just like a standard minifig but larger. Hagrid is closer to the latter, and his pose looks so plain compared to Hulk's; which works for a gentle giant like Hagrid, but not so much for a brawler like Hulk who ends up in many action scenes.

I agree completely. Hagrid wouldn't need to be in a defensive pose like Hulk, so the new Hulk figure is well represented. I think the size works for him, but I think for certain other characters it might be too big and that is where a Hagrid size would be good. Especially if they were to create a defensive pose for them too.

I found the link: here.

It seems to be the normal version, if I'm not wrong...

It looks like he was correct.

-The_Creator

Edited by The_Creator

I picked up Quinjet, Cap. set and Wolverine set today at my local TRU in Arizona today!!!! Very happy. And I still think that that new Batman mask is NOT a sign of future TDKR sets. I think everyone has spun this outta control....

deskp

As far as the cowl, that new one does look sweet. I would love to see some TDK/TDKR sets. I kept putting off getting a black Batman, but then I couldn't wait any longer. I would imagine we would get a new print job on TDKR Batman, so either way, having two wouldn't be a problem. As we get closer to the movie release, we will hopefully know more. It will either deliver an awesome set(s) to us fans, or we will overhype the possibility and be majorly disappointed. I think TLG should just make us happy and release a few sets hehe.

That's a great idea. Both Thing and Juggernaut are both taller tan humans, but they don't have the mass or girth that the hulk has. I think a Hagrid sized fig would be perfect. Good suggestion!

So what's the deal with 6873? FBTB is saying we'll see it on 4/8, but I haven't seen it show up on any websites. I know earlier in the thread someone mentioned August, but I couldn't confirm that anywhere. Do we know if it's a limited edition, and where it will be available in the US?

So what's the deal with 6873? FBTB is saying we'll see it on 4/8, but I haven't seen it show up on any websites. I know earlier in the thread someone mentioned August, but I couldn't confirm that anywhere. Do we know if it's a limited edition, and where it will be available in the US?

4/8 is one/two days away. Be patient young grasshopper.

. And I still think that that new Batman mask is NOT a sign of future TDKR sets. I think everyone has spun this outta control....

What, I'd say its very much in controle, its barely been discussed even.

Also along with the previous signs we got that TDKR sets would be released its very plausible. This new mask makes those 'rumors' seem more plausible.

TDKR or not, variety(?) did say batman sets would be released around same time of the movie. Along with the lego logo on that one tdkr poster.

And we havent gotten info on any sets so far, LEGO are usualy better at keeping movie sets secret.

Obviously nothing is properly confirmed.

Either way the mask is a sign of something in the future lego has not told us about. If its a new mask that will repalce the old then the box art should change aswell.

4/8 is one/two days away. Be patient young grasshopper.

I think it'll be released 4th August.

what 4/8 means depends on where you live day/month month/day

Edited by deskp

Hmm, after closer inspection it IS different.

I think it's probably a refined new mould, not necessarily related to TDKR but at least released before it should have been.

Hmm, after closer inspection it IS different.

I think it's probably a refined new mould, not necessarily related to TDKR but at least released before it should have been.

Closer is relative, but it shouldn't take much effor to see the changes, especialy with the ears.

The original batman cowl by lego is really abissmal when you see it from the side..

Well, guys I spent yesterday in another fruitless search for the marvel sets :cry_sad: I cheacked

three or four diferent stores, inclouding toys r us. The guy there said to check next week.

Aperently a lot of you are having better luck then I am. So still no sets in northern Michigan. :hmpf:

Also I dont think they will make another cowl, because its such a small change that

it seems all most sily to change it. But either way its a sign of something.........

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

I'm surprised I haven't seen many complaints about the promotional Hulk figure lacking side-printing on his legs. For me that would be a deal-breaker, especially on a promotional figure like this one.

I'm fond of the regular Hulk figure. He looks minifigure-like with his cylindrical head and flat-front feet, but also features an increase in detail to go with his increased size and of course more "hulk-like" proportions. I don't think a regular minifigure or even a "sized-up" minifigure would do him justice.

Something like Toth's Giant body could have potentially worked as well, but I'm not sure that the relatively straight posture of that design would be quite right for Hulk. And if it were going to have specialized posture anyway I can definitely see the benefit of just going with a specialized body piece for him (one new mold versus specialized left leg, right leg, and torso molds that TLG would likely have difficulty using again).

With that said, I do like that TLG seems to be thinking about versatility to a certain extent with the Hulk's design. I believe he uses the same arms as the LotR cave troll, although the Cave Troll uses unique two-fingered hands rather than Hulk's four-fingered hands.

The way I see it, if Hulk did have printing on the side of his legs, they would probably be manufactured in China (like Wonder Woman's legs). Though I'm not against parts with extra detail being made in China, I grow weary from the pages upon pages of people complaining about how they aren't Danish.

I do prefer the larger Hulk though. I just don't think that a large scaled minifigure would look right. I've always thought of Hulk as hunched over with his legs split (I don't know how to explain it better), which a large minifigure just couldn't do.

Those sketches by Toth look really good, and I wouldn't mind seeing a larger minifigure if they looked like that, but I think I'd still prefer Hulk the way he is.

I think it'll be released 4th August.

what 4/8 means depends on where you live day/month month/day

Sorry, I'm in the US. April 8 is what I meant, and read.

What, I'd say its very much in controle, its barely been discussed even.

Also along with the previous signs we got that TDKR sets would be released its very plausible. This new mask makes those 'rumors' seem more plausible.

TDKR or not, variety(?) did say batman sets would be released around same time of the movie. Along with the lego logo on that one tdkr poster.

And we havent gotten info on any sets so far, LEGO are usualy better at keeping movie sets secret.

Obviously nothing is properly confirmed.

Either way the mask is a sign of something in the future lego has not told us about. If its a new mask that will repalce the old then the box art should change aswell.

I simply mean that I think it is ridiculous for everyone to automatically believe this is a sign of TDKR sets. I am not saying we won't get sets for that movie eventually, or that this is just a new design for ALL Batman sets, just saying that it seems (to ME) everyone has jumped to conclusions.

Where are people getting the Avengers sets in the US? Has TRU stocked them yet?

They're available on TRU online and some TRU stores have them. :classic:

Yes, as Knut said, I picked my sets up yesterday at my local TRU in Yuma, AZ. :classic:

Edit: I'm a Citizen now!!!! :classic::grin: yay!!!!

Edited by GuntherThePenguin

Mine had them! :wub::excited:

IMG_0597.jpg

They're available on TRU online and some TRU stores have them. :classic:

Like mine. My Target said they'd sell it to me tomorrow, closed Sunday, that was before I got mine at TRU.

I was lucky and got to pick up the Hulk's helicarrier set and the cosmic cube escape on wednesday :thumbup::cry_happy: and picked up capt. America's avenging cycle today too.Expect reviews on all three soon(finished the first two already :tongue: ).