Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Is it me or does the exclusive Hulk looks so much better than the one in the sets?

I agree... I don't mind them making 'giant' figures occasionally, but they need to retain traditional articulation points. The oversized hulk is :thumbdown:

Edited by David Thomsen

Perhaps it's a cost issue or it's what Disney/Marvel wanted.....hulk with only move-able arms. :wink:

We can consider the minifig Hulk as him starting the transformation into the not-so jolly green giant. :wink:

collosus doesnt get any bigger in steel form so i think he would be normal minifigure size.

I would like it if lego made a new beefier minifig, keeping the general look, only making it a little bit wider.

perhaps wider shoulders and somewhat longer legs.

without new minifig variation i would think all of these would not need a hulk like figure

Juggernaut

Rhino

Apocalypse

Thing

Colossus

Killer Croc

Clayface.

But I do want more muscle variations in the decal/print :angry: LAZY LEGO

My local argos (Ireland for all you irish people here :laugh: ) has the new superheroes sets are in stock :cry_happy::thumbup: but only one of each (except the captain america set,they have two of those :wink: ).

I would like it if lego made a new beefier minifig, keeping the general look, only making it a little bit wider.

perhaps wider shoulders and somewhat longer legs.

without new minifig variation i would think all of these would not need a hulk like figure

Juggernaut

Rhino

Apocalypse

Thing

Colossus

Killer Croc

Clayface.

But I do want more muscle variations in the decal/print :angry: LAZY LEGO

I agree LEGO are getting very lazy in their variatons these days. :hmpf_bad:

Hulk-promo2.jpeg

-Sci

Why is this offer not in Britain? (Hopefully, yet)

I love that minifig size Hulk!

DERP:Because it says May, but we still don't know if it'll be over the pond. :hmpf:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

Why is this offer not in Britain? (Hopefully, yet)

I love that minifig size Hulk!

We cannot be sure its not here in the UK as the offer dosent start untill the 16th of may. their is still hope to get that hulk yet. :cry_happy:

target has some of the marvel sets you just have to give them the item number and ask them to get them from the back. i already got 2 marvel sets from target yesterday.

Beefier minifigs, I think you are looking for the Megablok aisle. Why would you mess around with your last enforceable patent/copyright?

I agree... I don't mind them making 'giant' figures occasionally, but they need to retain traditional articulation points. The oversized hulk is :thumbdown:

They could make him the like they made the flashlight minifig http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2775/4329421476_81b4d6f6c1_z.jpg , just remove the lights, the battery make him holes for the studs on the feet and voila.

Edited by Daimar

Personally I like the unique fig mold for the Hulk. It ends up looking exactly like it should to me: a "hulked-out" minifig, retaining such features as the clip-like hands, cylindrical face, and squared-off feet. And I'm not really bothered by the lack of leg poseability.

I don't know whether or not Thing would be best in a different scale or not, and I'm sure figures like Juggernaut shouldn't be, but for Hulk I think LEGO made the right choice.

Personally I like the unique fig mold for the Hulk. It ends up looking exactly like it should to me: a "hulked-out" minifig, retaining such features as the clip-like hands, cylindrical face, and squared-off feet. And I'm not really bothered by the lack of leg poseability.

I don't know whether or not Thing would be best in a different scale or not, and I'm sure figures like Juggernaut shouldn't be, but for Hulk I think LEGO made the right choice.

I do too! It would just look weird if the Avenger that is supposed to be giant and SUPER strong and huge from the movie was the same scale as the rest of them. But, to each their own, I suppose.

I do believe, however, that Thing should be done in Hulk form. I could see Clayface being done in Hulk form also, but I did really enjoy how he looked in the videogame, so perhaps they could just do that for him. And Juggernaut and Rhino do NOT need to be in Hulk form.

I do too! It would just look weird if the Avenger that is supposed to be giant and SUPER strong and huge from the movie was the same scale as the rest of them. But, to each their own, I suppose.

I do believe, however, that Thing should be done in Hulk form. I could see Clayface being done in Hulk form also, but I did really enjoy how he looked in the videogame, so perhaps they could just do that for him. And Juggernaut and Rhino do NOT need to be in Hulk form.

I agree that should any of the people mentioned be made into figures of all of them The Thing and Clayface shuold be the two that are done in Hulk form.

They could make him the like they made the flashlight minifig http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2775/4329421476_81b4d6f6c1_z.jpg , just remove the lights, the battery make him holes for the studs on the feet and voila.

Hmm thats not a bad idea actually. I think i may try a custom on one of my torches. I will post pictures of the result if it is any good.

I just finished building the Wolverine Chopper and it's pretty good! Only complaint is the back compartment in the Chopper :sceptic: Other than that it's great! Next I'm gonna build the Helicarrier.

I just finished building the Wolverine Chopper and it's pretty good! Only complaint is the back compartment in the Chopper :sceptic: Other than that it's great! Next I'm gonna build the Helicarrier.

Could do with another fig couldn't it? A generic pilot maybe. For anyone who has the set I really enjoy the comic strip that comes with it. Doesn't stick to the normal order of things.

Edited by surrideo

Have any of the Marvel sets/figures shows up on Bricklink yet? All I want to get is Hulk, that's why I'm asking.

Have any of the Marvel sets/figures shows up on Bricklink yet? All I want to get is Hulk, that's why I'm asking.

A few, not Hulk though.

Could they make a hulk larger but an actual minifigure. For example, one leg would be a 2x2 intstead of a 1x1.

I think that would be pretty cool, but just an idea.

Could do with another fig couldn't it? A generic pilot maybe. For anyone who has the set I really enjoy the comic strip that comes with it. Doesn't stick to the normal order of things.

I think adding Cyclops would be good. And I agree with you on the comic. I actually enjoyed it more then any of the DC ones (excluding the one that came with the LEGO Club Magazine).

Could they make a hulk larger but an actual minifigure. For example, one leg would be a 2x2 intstead of a 1x1.

I think actually making the current Hulk's legs move would work. Same goes for the Wampa.

I don't actually think that would work as well as what they did. For one thing, such a fig would convey a sense of size but not a sense of mass. The pose would be iffy too; the Hulk rarely stands straight as a pole, as minifigs tend to do; more often he stands in a battle-ready crouch. Finally, the scale would be hard to accommodate. A fig twice as wide as a standard minifig would also be twice as tall, whereas I believe Hulk in the Avengers movie is closer to 1.5 times as tall as his compnions. A double-size fig could be great in a fantasy theme as a giant (which typically have a similar physique to regular-sized people, but far bigger), but for the Hulk, not so much. I was a huge fan of the Castle giant trolls, and the Hulk seems even better and more minifig-like than they were.