Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Here is the Lego Marvel Avenger poster in ultra HR I promised you earlier:

Picture links to 4000+.pxl version!

BILLUND, Denmark March 30, 2012.

In celebration of the new Avengers film, The Lego Group has recreated the theatrical poster in Lego form. Check it out here.

The exclusive poster will be available in select movie theaters across the US on May 4th, while supplies last.(Or just print your own! :tongue:)

lego_marvel_avengers_800_poster.jpg

Also poster has an imbedded © so no posting on other website without permission!

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

Also poster has an imbedded © so no posting on other website without permission!

Wow! Cool! When did the poster have Tony having hair?

-Sci

Yes, why did they get rid of Iron Man's helmet from the poster? Were Lego embarrassed by the sheer size of it?

Yes, why did they get rid of Iron Man's helmet from the poster? Were Lego embarrassed by the sheer size of it?

No just matching the official Marvel press release!

detail.jpg

I received my Quinjet set today. After a nonstop building session, it is completely worth the price. It looks good and the fact it comes with three of the avengers was the reason I had to have it. now if only I had gotten the Wolverine set today (darn Fedex!!!)

IMO I don't know how they could have done Iron Man's helmet any smaller than they did other than use another head, but I think the problem with that is that kids (or disorganized AFOL's) would misplace one or the other.

Well, that explains it. The HR poster (thanks GRogall, I don't know how you are always the first to come up with HR images) has got me super excited for the sets.It would have been nice if they slipped in a hair piece for iron man in the sets. Anyway it's not much of an issue, as that hairpiece is fairly common.

I can only assume your comment about copyright is in relation to The Lego group and Marvel for posting on other sites? Whilst it is good form and manners to credit source on the internet I trust you aren't exercising any rights over the image?

The Marvel sets arent on the US Lego website.

The Marvel sets arent on the US Lego website.the must come on the 8th!

"Pre-order, will ship by january 1st"

They don't have long left to keep their promise. :(

:roflmao: :roflmao:

j-a-n-u-a-r-y becomes january?

Edit: now d-a-s-h-i-n-g a word doesn't override the profanity mad-libs.

Edited by LEGOman273

I just checked out a few sets on Amazon.co.uk, they're sold out! Must of had loads of people pre-ordering them! Luckily, the LEGO website still has them in stock, would it be a sensible idea to order online or check if they're in Tescos tomorrow?

I just checked out a few sets on Amazon.co.uk, they're sold out! Must of had loads of people pre-ordering them! Luckily, the LEGO website still has them in stock, would it be a sensible idea to order online or check if they're in Tescos tomorrow?

I don't think they will be in Tesco, Asda etc that quickly. John Lewis strangely have wolverine online and nothing else even though they are selling every set now in store. Completely your choice.

I don't think they will be in Tesco, Asda etc that quickly. John Lewis strangely have wolverine online and nothing else even though they are selling every set now in store. Completely your choice.

Ah thanks for that, I remember it took them forever to get the DC sets in as well. So then, it seems the internet will be the best choice then. Thanks much! :thumbup:

So the Marvel sets officially come out today! I'm stoked! Does this mean Lego is going to start putting them on the shelves of their stores?

I preordered mine some time ago with the hope Lego.com would post them today. unfortunately their is no sign that they are on the way :sadnew: .

I'm a little irritated that it stated "Will ship by Apr-il 1st" and then it doesn't. With the massive Easter Weekend it now becomes a distinct possibility that we won't receive it before the break. :/ Doesn't really seem fair that you pre-order and get it later than randoms just strolling into John Lewis or LEGO shops.

I should note, I went to John Lewis Milton Keynes yesterday. They had S7 and they had Iron Man and Hulk build-a-figures, but that was it.

I'm a little irritated that it stated "Will ship by Apr-il 1st" and then it doesn't. With the massive Easter Weekend it now becomes a distinct possibility that we won't receive it before the break. :/ Doesn't really seem fair that you pre-order and get it later than randoms just strolling into John Lewis or LEGO shops.

I should note, I went to John Lewis Milton Keynes yesterday. They had S7 and they had Iron Man and Hulk build-a-figures, but that was it.

I think it was wrong of Lego to say they would ship today(A Sunday) but I bet they will be moving by early tomorrow :thumbup:

I think it was wrong of Lego to say they would ship today(A Sunday) but I bet they will be moving by early tomorrow :thumbup:

I sure hope so as I am getting a bit inpatient with over a month of waiting since i placed my order.

I sure hope so as I am getting a bit inpatient with over a month of waiting since i placed my order.

To be fair, it hasn't quite been a month yet, and they did say it was pre-order, but as I said the wording of "Will ship by Apr-il 1st" infers that it will leave them at the latest, january 1st. Would it have hurt them to send them out early so people get them next to official release?

To be fair, it hasn't quite been a month yet, and they did say it was pre-order, but as I said the wording of "Will ship by Apr-il 1st" infers that it will leave them at the latest, january 1st. Would it have hurt them to send them out early so people get them next to official release?

Yes I agree. Oh well a day or two more of waiting cant hurt.

Here is the poop stockings Marvel Avenger poster in ultra HR I promised you earlier:

BILLUND, Denmark March 30, 2012.

In celebration of the new Avengers film, The poop stockings Group has recreated the theatrical poster in poop stockings form. Check it out here.

The exclusive poster will be available in select movie theaters across the US on May 4th, while supplies last.(Or just print your own! :tongue:)

*snip*

Ahah L E G O = poop Stockings (january Fool)

Do you know or have a link to what theaters are getting the posters?

-The_Creator

Do you know or have a link to what theaters are getting the posters?

-The_Creator

No! Sorry I Don't.........

Was expecting these sets to be the usual dross we get from licenced themes *cough lord of the rings cough*

...but these sets are great. Picked them up today, the great minifigs licenced sets usually give us plus some genuine thought into the sets themselves. The quinjet is certainly not the cash in set we usually get.

Well done Lego - cant wait for this theme to continue!