Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Found the Cap. America set today at my friendly local Target (located in Dayton Ohio for those keeping track) I had the boys in red check the back to see if any of the other sets were hidden away. Sadly no, so it sounds like Monday may be the earliest that particular Target would get the other sets.

That's great news for me. I live in central Iowa, so new sets trickle in slowly... It's usually the middle of January to early February that the new year's sets come in, so it's good to here that the Marvel sets are so close by, and at my favorite retailer! Man, my bank account is going to take a hit soon...

surrideo where did you find the x-men set? After reading some of these posts I am kicking myself for not per-ordering the sets from Wal-Mart. Fear of smashed boxes prevailed and here I wait for the brick and mortar stores to get them in.

Picked this set up myself today, if the Cap set gets a wee bit cheaper I'll probably pick it up but this set and the Loki cosmic cube set are good value for minifigs and what the set comprises

Yeah the Cap set is a little disappointing TBH. His motorcycle looks too much like the funky old 70's TV show, and the as-yet-unnamed-aliens are really generic looking. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the bigger Avengers sets though.

Edited by Tommy Day

surrideo where did you find the x-men set? After reading some of these posts I am kicking myself for not per-ordering the sets from Wal-Mart. Fear of smashed boxes prevailed and here I wait for the brick and mortar stores to get them in.

I'm in the UK, so of no help to you. John Lewis online for those who are.

My Wolverine and Captain America sets came in today and I'm so pumped. It's been hard to keep working with those boxes sitting on my desk, so I had to open them and at least put the minifigs together.

Here's a quick shot of Wolverine I took on my phone. Love this minifig.

Wow. Wolverine's even better than I thought! I might have to buy the X-Men set after all, but I'm not convinced. I have a pretty strict budget for Lego so I'm probably gonna be buying mostly DC sets. So far for Marvel I'll buy the Captain America set and the Shield jeep set with Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Loki. MAYBE the Spiderman set if it costs $35 or less.

Edited by purpleparadox

Wow. Wolverine's even better than I thought! I might have to buy the X-Men set after all, but I'm not convinced. I have a pretty strict budget for Lego so I'm probably gonna be buying mostly DC sets. So far for Marvel I'll buy the Captain America set and the Shield jeep set with Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Loki. MAYBE the Spiderman set if it costs $35 or less.

If you're a X-Men fan the Wolverine set is a great value. $20 (usd) for him, Magneto, and Deadpool, with a decent-looking helicopter and a motorcycle.

That's great news for me. I live in central Iowa, so new sets trickle in slowly... It's usually the middle of January to early February that the new year's sets come in, so it's good to here that the Marvel sets are so close by, and at my favorite retailer! Man, my bank account is going to take a hit soon...

Yeah, it seems like us in the mid-west get the sets later than the east and west coast folks do. So it is kind of nice get a few early.

I'm in the UK, so of no help to you. John Lewis online for those who are.

Bah, that's what I get for not looking at your country of origin. Thanks though!

Picked this set up myself today, if the Cap set gets a wee bit cheaper I'll probably pick it up but this set and the Loki cosmic cube set are good value for minifigs and what the set comprises

Edit: May be slight heresy linking to another site but they seem to be doing a "slow reveal/tease" review of the Quinjet

My link

Wow! Looks like u guys are getting your sets. I think I have to wait until mid-April in Hong Kong..........SAD><

Holy smokes some person is selling a superman figure on ebay LINK Current bid: US $152.50 does the buyers not know that this minifig now appears in a set? I mean they have bought soemthing like 8 superman vs lex set for that price.

Is it just ignorant buyers or is the piece of cardboard along with it worth that much?

Is it just ignorant buyers or is the piece of cardboard along with it worth that much?

Definitely the latter. The comic-con version, while I don't think it is in any way different, is pure collectible.

Definitely the latter. The comic-con version, while I don't think it is in any way different, is pure collectible.

I thought the Comic Con ones were Batman and Green Lantern?... Was Superman also apart of it? I think that seller is just scamming some uninformed buyer...

I thought the Comic Con ones were Batman and Green Lantern?... Was Superman also apart of it? I think that seller is just scamming some uninformed buyer...

Green Lantern and Batman were for the San Diego Comic Con, while Superman, Batman and Green Lantern were all released for the New York Comic Con.

Anyone agree that Black widow would look better with Borormir's hair and Tamina's face?

Anyone agree that Black widow would look better with Borormir's hair and Tamina's face?

Yes. :classic:

Edited by LEGOman273

The Spidey set come out on April 8th in the US! Maybe the other sets come out then too!

Does anyone have Loki or Hawkeye? If so, can you tell me if they have back printing? Or Magneto?

The Spidey set come out on April 8th in the US! Maybe the other sets come out then too!

A few pages back, I believe that was confirmed. :classic:

Does anyone have Loki or Hawkeye? If so, can you tell me if they have back printing? Or Magneto?

Well someone by the name of "kitfistonator" posted a review of loki's cosmic cube escape on youtube :thumbup: but it says the video is unavailable now :thumbdown: .I did see it earlier on and hawkeye does have back-printing (a continuation of the strap on the front of his torso and a quiver with arrows) and I dont remember seeing loki having back printing :sceptic: .Dont know about Magneto sorry.

Edited by Arsenalfan98

It's available...
Loki and Ironman look good, but I'm not so sure about Hawkeye. And BTW, who's supposed to be driving? :wacko: Edited by prateek

The new trailer for the Avengers has a better view of the new Aliens

*snip* (Go look in the thread In Culture and Multimedia)

I hope this is okay. :classic:

Edited by I_-I_-+=
Trailer removed.

I hope this is okay. :classic:

Nope. I'd have moved the post to the topic in culture and Multimedia but I see you've already posted it there. There's no reason to post the same thing twice even when they're in different parts of EB.

Nope. I'd have moved the post to the topic in culture and Multimedia but I see you've already posted it there. There's no reason to post the same thing twice even when they're in different parts of EB.

Sorry, I just thought people would want to see what the aliens are supposed to look like, and to be honest, people rarely go check out multimedia threads when compared to rumor threads, so I thought it was warranted. :blush: