Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I want this version of Iron Man more :sceptic:

6864263385_bed92ea662.jpg

Promos :hmpf_bad::sad:

Thanks for the pic. I would like to have these figures too. I like the printed Iron Man head more than the large helmet.

I'm amazed that's the promo Cap. That outfit belongs to Cap's protege, Bucky Barnes. When Steve Rogers became director of SHIELD for a while, Bucky wore that outfit and was Captain America in the comics. Having Bucky-Cap minifigure would be like getting a whole other character!

I guess if Lego can make that promo Bucky-Cap they have access to the comic and movie license for Avengers. Cool!

someone has a finished Captain America minifigure link probably stolen from the Mexican factory.

Does he have any other finished Marvel figures? If so, any links?

Thanks for the pic. I would like to have these figures too. I like the printed Iron Man head more than the large helmet.

I'm amazed that's the promo Cap. That outfit belongs to Cap's protege, Bucky Barnes. When Steve Rogers became director of SHIELD for a while, Bucky wore that outfit and was Captain America in the comics. Having Bucky-Cap minifigure would be like getting a whole other character!

I guess if Lego can make that promo Bucky-Cap they have access to the comic and movie license for Avengers. Cool!

Um they do have the lisence to all the marvel comics, its been known since last summer.

Well, I've just found this picture on brickipedia:

Wolverine.jpg

Seems like someone has sneaked into one of the factories again :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Based solely on stuff that has been released, I am quite disappointed in the Marvel aspect of the Super Hero's line. I believe they could have done so much more (and granted may well still do so much more). I know that they are holding back "some stuff" from us due to apparent "spoilers", but still... the sets overall seem underwhelming. It gave me a feel that they put more effort into the revamp bats line than they did the avengers.

I want this version of Iron Man more :sceptic:

6864263385_bed92ea662.jpg

I like them both :sweet:

I'm happy to see the sets today, but sad that they tend to be so movie oriented. If any of you have seen the upcoming Superman shots, you'll know the Superman minifig is based on the classic comic (though the unreleased Green Lantern definitely wasn't). So, I'm a little disappointed at the degree to which the Marvel sets are based on movies. Wolverine without his mask is, for lack of a better term, Hollywood. It sucks. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees. Wolverine without his mask may as well just be naked... And he used to have a hairy back before he was in the movies, so I doubt the figures will have that. Nope, that's someone else's Wolverine. Thor, Loki, and Cap look alright. Apathetic about Hawkeye. Magneto and Deadpool look as I might hope. Iron-man has looked ducked up since first look last summer, so I much prefer this special version.

It's a weird feeling to be a 25 year fan of the characters, and an AFOL, but be forced to choose from a selection of figures targeted at the masses who have no real interest in them. I suppose Star Wars brings out the geek in people, and was successful enough to get around to exploit the corners of its universe.

If Super-Heroes gets a long enough license, maybe we'll see a proper Wolverine, or maybe even a proper X-Men series.... Unfortunately, the X-Men isn't Batman :cry_sad:

For the time being, expect me to pick up at least half of this stuff, and deal with the shame and frustration through overeating and drinking.

I've said it before, IRON MAN is just missing the mark for me. The head is laughably too large, and I agree with others who say they prefer the printed head on the exclusive ToyFair fig-- it just looks better to me. But for me the real issue is the figure itself. It needs more gold to hit spot on with the iconic Iron Man image-- I'd be much more impressed if they gave him gold arms and maybe a little print on the legs to break up all that red. It just looks off to me.

As for the Avengers sets-- I don't know what the vehicle designs are for the movies, but just in terms of Lego vehicles, I must say I'm pretty impressed with the Quinjet and the fighter from the Hulk set. Nice color schemes, nice builds. Not sure anyone's gonna need, like, 4 Loki's, but we must remember there's more figs to be revealed. Both the Cap Cycle set and the Quinjet has hidden box art and claims to include additional figures-- and judging by what we've heard from the Hollywood crowd, the only thing Marvel has been trying to hide in the rollout are SKRULLS.

If you ask me, we're gonna be getting SKRULL minifigs in these sets as well.

Um they do have the lisence to all the marvel comics, its been known since last summer.

The original press release, the only one I know of, specifically says access to the Avengers movie (along with "classic"/comic for X-Men and Spider-Man). It doesn't actually say they have the Avengers comic license:

"The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters."

(http://aboutus.lego.com/de-de/news-room/2011/july/marvel-entertainment-and-the-lego-group-announce-strategic-relationship-in-construction-toy-category/)

Was there a second press release that says they have access to the Avengers comic material too? I'd love to get minifigures of Wasp, Antman, etc.

Wolverine without his mask is, for lack of a better term, Hollywood. It sucks. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees. Wolverine without his mask may as well just be naked...

With all the other new parts in the Marvel theme, Lego might have already used up their tooling budget, and couldn't make the mask.

It's also a better business strategy to release the one people want less (no mask) before the one that's the most accurate interpretation (with mask). For people only buying the set for Wolverine, they'll buy the set now to at least have a Wolverine minifigure. In the future, they'll buy another set to get Wolverine's mask.

Wolverine is maskless enough around Xavier's mansion that I'm happy for an unmasked version. If nothing else, a brown "leather" jacket minifigure torso would instantly turn Wolverine into civilian Logan.

Edited by phanstasm

The original press release, the only one I know of, specifically says access to the Avengers movie (along with "classic"/comic for X-Men and Spider-Man). It doesn't actually say they have the Avengers comic license:

"The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection will spotlight three Marvel franchises – Marvel’s The Avengers movie, and X-Men and Spider-Man classic characters."

(http://aboutus.lego.com/de-de/news-room/2011/july/marvel-entertainment-and-the-lego-group-announce-strategic-relationship-in-construction-toy-category/)

Was there a second press release that says they have access to the Avengers comic material too? I'd love to get minifigures of Wasp, Antman, etc.

I think that initial press release only applies to this first wave. It may be an assumption but I think lego will have the rights to all of Marvels comic canon and the same for DC. I'd say right now that they only have the rights to make minifig sets of the Avengers movie as Marvel have issued other rights for film merchandise for Spiderman/X men/Fantastic Four/Daredevil/not sure about Ghost rider to other companies e.g megabloks for spiderman films.

I feel there is a place for both versions of the Iron man minifig, like having 2/3 versions of Batman.I do believe that the two given out yesterday are solely very limited quantity and will be like the "Dark Knight" Batman and movie esque Green lantern seen last year though :sad:

Edited by surrideo

Wow, Just wow.

Cap's Cycle: Not really anything to say, since the whole set isn't there.

Wolverine's Chopper Showdown: Now that is a nice set, and only $20 to boot. Gotta love Deadpool.

Quinjet Aerial Battle: Black Widow. :wub: The jet looks great as well.

None of the other sets appeal to me, really. :sceptic:

Edited by Poison Ivy

I noticed something while checking brickpedia; it says Marvel wave is due to be released in April; is that true? :oh3:

Yeah I believe I read that on brickset after the toy fair in London

Yeah I believe I read that on brickset after the toy fair in London

All the new york info says may, I'm sure we'll start seeing them in april anwyays.

I'm really, really hoping the Avengers sets come out in April. It might have something to do with the fact that my birthday is on April 19th. Otherwise, I'll ask my wife and my parents how they feel about IOUs. Lol...

I think that initial press release only applies to this first wave. It may be an assumption but I think lego will have the rights to all of Marvels comic canon and the same for DC.

I don't know about Marvel, but they do have the rights for the entire DC comic library, and I'd assume all of the properties (movies and cartoons and such) owned by Warner Brothers'. I don't recall if they do with marvel.

I'd say right now that they only have the rights to make minifig sets of the Avengers movie as Marvel have issued other rights for film merchandise for Spiderman/X men/Fantastic Four/Daredevil/not sure about Ghost rider to other companies e.g megabloks for spiderman films.

I don't know about Ghost Rider, but Spider-man, X-men, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil movies are all owned by SONY or FOX, so SONY/FOX are the ones who license the toys for those movies, not Marvel. So Marvel has not issued out the rights for the merchandise for those movies, SONY/FOX who bought the rights (from Marvel) to make movies about those characters do.

I feel there is a place for both versions of the Iron man minifig, like having 2/3 versions of Batman.I do believe that the two given out yesterday are solely very limited quantity and will be like the "Dark Knight" Batman and movie esque Green lantern seen last year though :sad:

Probably true, but I wouldn't say that we won't see that Dark Knight Batman yet, I'm doubtful though. :hmpf_bad:

I do wish the Captain America bike was more like the one in the Wolverine set as that mold is inherently flawed as the front wheel sticks in every one I have. Im sure though I can maybe mod the one that came with the Pharoahs quest Guardians set last year.

In terms of the release date, it will probably be April. The movie comes out in May and usually Licensed series come out a month before the movie release. It happened with HP, Deathly Hallows Part 1 came out in November, sets came out in October. Part 2 came out in July, sets came out in June....

With all the other new parts in the Marvel theme, Lego might have already used up their tooling budget, and couldn't make the mask.

It's also a better business strategy to release the one people want less (no mask) before the one that's the most accurate interpretation (with mask). For people only buying the set for Wolverine, they'll buy the set now to at least have a Wolverine minifigure. In the future, they'll buy another set to get Wolverine's mask.

In the mean time, BrickForge does have a Savage Mask which is a very suitable option.

-Omi

6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
play feature!

That's not a play feature...that's jut Loki after too much drinking. :tongue:

I like them both :sweet:

I'm happy to see the sets today, but sad that they tend to be so movie oriented. If any of you have seen the upcoming Superman shots, you'll know the Superman minifig is based on the classic comic (though the unreleased Green Lantern definitely wasn't). So, I'm a little disappointed at the degree to which the Marvel sets are based on movies. Wolverine without his mask is, for lack of a better term, Hollywood. It sucks. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees. Wolverine without his mask may as well just be naked... And he used to have a hairy back before he was in the movies, so I doubt the figures will have that. Nope, that's someone else's Wolverine. Thor, Loki, and Cap look alright. Apathetic about Hawkeye. Magneto and Deadpool look as I might hope. Iron-man has looked ducked up since first look last summer, so I much prefer this special version.

It's a weird feeling to be a 25 year fan of the characters, and an AFOL, but be forced to choose from a selection of figures targeted at the masses who have no real interest in them. I suppose Star Wars brings out the geek in people, and was successful enough to get around to exploit the corners of its universe.

If Super-Heroes gets a long enough license, maybe we'll see a proper Wolverine, or maybe even a proper X-Men series.... Unfortunately, the X-Men isn't Batman :cry_sad:

For the time being, expect me to pick up at least half of this stuff, and deal with the shame and frustration through overeating and drinking.

Yeah, i don't like Wolverine not having his mask either. Maybe LEGO thought we'd be happy with the suit being yellow/blue(although, that's not the way I remember it looking). Im not fond of the claws either...CMF boxer type claws would've been AWESOME!

I think I was starting to like Iron Man's helmet but after that FBTB video of it opening. :sick: I really don't think it's a good solution. Not too sure about that Magneto coloring either... Purple?! Come on LEGO!

I think I was starting to like Iron Man's helmet but after that FBTB video of it opening. :sick: I really don't think it's a good solution. Not too sure about that Magneto coloring either... Purple?! Come on LEGO!

He actually has Purple in the comics and movies. :wink: