Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

The unnamed secret minifigure that Marvel did not want to reveal in Captain America's Avenging cycle must be Nick Fury since we know he is coming out and since he wasn't in any other set. Not much of a secret after all.

Clearly it's not Fury. Going by what Brickset said, they can't show everything due to the movie not yet released. We all know what Fury looks like.

I think we need to give Ironman a little bit of a break, for now. We haven't seen a final version of him.

Edited by Legocrazy81

It is going to be Red Skull. While he was the villain of First Avenger. I suspect a "cameo" of sorts in the Avengers film. Loki seems to be up to all kinds of manipulation, so it isn't at all inconceivable that he might use trickery to make Cap believe he is seeing Skull...for just enough screen time to justify the release of this set.

We're getting the Red Skull mini.

What rating did TDK have?

PG-13

Saying The Dark Knight is too dark for Lego, than why did they make Star Wars Episode 3 sets? Episode III any darker than The Dark Knight.

Uhhhhh seriously?

Well if you even think that, you also fail to consider the themes in TDK, which were not present in RoTS, like say drugs/alcohol use, language, and some graphic violence.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

PG-13

Uhhhhh seriously?

Well if you even think that, you also fail to consider the themes in TDK, which were not present in RoTS, like say drugs/alcohol use, language, and some graphic violence.

-Omi

Drugs/alchohol are present at about equal strength in the Star Wars films (Jabba's hookah, various pipes, bars, etc), as is graphic violence, almost to a stronger degree than in TDK (severed limbs--some exposing blood--and exposed bowels, entities being killed/eaten alive, etc). As for language- true, it's present in TDK, but it's surprisingly barely there. Kids hear far worse on a daily basis in schools these days :tongue:

If you look close enough, you can pick out plenty of potentially troubling aspects in any of the movies that've been turned into sets. Anything that's not completely obscene--including Nolan's Batfilms--are fair game.

Clearly it's not Fury. Going by what Brickset said, they can't show everything due to the movie not yet released. We all know what Fury looks like.

Yeah, I agree, my guess was probably wrong.. Fury may be in the Quinjet and we'll get some sort of villain in Captain America's Avenging Cycle, probably Red Skull, but he wasn't mentioned in the official press release so may be he is the figure that Marvel are keen to keep a lid on. I'm putting all my money on Red Skull being the villain in the captain America set.

Drugs/alchohol are present at about equal strength in the Star Wars films (Jabba's hookah, various pipes, bars, etc)

Ummmm

REAL drugs and alcohol. Not fictitious space stuff that isn't even clearly specified in the movies to be as such. So no equal strength there.

-Omi

Ummmm

REAL drugs and alcohol. Not fictitious space stuff that isn't even clearly specified in the movies to be as such. So no equal strength there.

-Omi

True, but kids probably wouldn't know the difference between the two. "Real" and ficticious alcohol and drugs are both just a weird liquid in a glass to them. Besides, LEGO's already gone far enough to imply rum/whiskey bottles in the POTC sets (http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=95228), so I don't think they'd be too concerned about a couple casual, easily forgettable sips in TDK, especially since they wouldn't even be present in sets.

EDIT: Sorry, Cornelius. I was typing while you replied :x

On an unrelated note, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but the Captain America set'll definitely be worth picking up, especially if it comes with Red Skull. I'm also interested in the Spiderman set, but I'll have to see it before I decide whether to invest in it or not, though.

Edited by VenVoi

RED SKULL! Man, I can't wait. For him and for my sweet Bucky Barnes.

Cool off a little.

Read this.

It is going to be Red Skull. While he was the villain of First Avenger. I suspect a "cameo" of sorts in the Avengers film. Loki seems to be up to all kinds of manipulation, so it isn't at all inconceivable that he might use trickery to make Cap believe he is seeing Skull...for just enough screen time to justify the release of this set.

We're getting the Red Skull mini.

Where is the evidence to back the Red Skull minifigure?

Where is the evidence to back the Red Skull minifigure?

Just that the announced Captain America set is said to come with a minifigure who's identity cannot be revealed at this time because it would supposedly give away a major spoiler for the movie.

Just that the announced Captain America set is said to come with a minifigure who's identity cannot be revealed at this time because it would supposedly give away a major spoiler for the movie.

It was never said it would give away a "major spoiler".

Just a spoil. Doesn't have to be big or small. He didn't see Nick Fury with the set, and he is said to be with the set.

-Omi

I see what you're saying, but wouldn't it just make better sense to give a set 1 good guy and 1 bad guy instead of a pair of heroes? What's the piece count on this bad bay? Is it a larger set, or just like Cap, his bike, and another dude (like the Batman/Catwoman) gimmick.

It was never said it would give away a "major spoiler".

Just a spoil. Doesn't have to be big or small. He didn't see Nick Fury with the set, and he is said to be with the set.

-Omi

I don't think Nick is in that set. Cap's set is supposed to be good vs evil , the co-villian of Loki( which is supposedly an alien race yet to be announced, but maybe that's why Marvel doesnt want it announced just yet, because that would be a big spoiler in my books and Marvel's as well) is supposed to be included.

I think Nick'll come in the Quinjet, and Bruce Banner will come in the hulk set.

I mean Bruce Banner's lab and the Hulk? Lego would be stupid not to include Banner!!!!!

I see what you're saying, but wouldn't it just make better sense to give a set 1 good guy and 1 bad guy instead of a pair of heroes? What's the piece count on this bad bay? Is it a larger set, or just like Cap, his bike, and another dude (like the Batman/Catwoman) gimmick.

It supposedly has Cap and his motorcycle and a second vehicle and figure!

Piece count is unknown like the rest of the set details

Cap VS. Random Alien just doesn't seem as cool as Cap VS. Skull...

Especially with Joss Whedon stating that the film would be told from the perspective of Captain America, I've got to believe he will be a central character to the film, hence deserving of a significant set.

Cap VS. Random Alien just doesn't seem as cool as Cap VS. Skull...

Especially with Joss Whedon stating that the film would be told from the perspective of Captain America, I've got to believe he will be a central character to the film, hence deserving of a significant set.

Part of the film will be in Cap's perspective to show how he dealing with being gone for 70 years and waking up in 2011. And all the Avengers are central characters,especially the main big four!!!

And I wouldnt call a small two figure set a significant set!

Edited by Neville longbottem

Part of the film will be in Cap's perspective to show how he dealing with being gone for 70 years and waking up in 2011. And all the Avengers are central characters,especially the main big four!!!

Not to get off topic, but if you look back at the original run of Avengers comics from the 1960's, Cap first joins the team in issue 4. The rest of the team finds him, thaw him out, and invite him to join and ultimately lead the Avengers. In those early issues, Loki was the central antagonist. He used his powers to confuse the Hulk into turning on his friends (mainly Thor) and was not opposed to using his magic on Steve Rogers, often "conjuring" images of Bucky and The Red Skull to mess with Cap's head.

That is why I suggest, that even if he isn't a villain in the film, an "appearance" of sorts could still be possible. The toys seem to suggest Hawkeye falls victim to Loki's influence, historically the Hulk has, and a fragile, defrosted Rogers makes a perfect target for mental manipulation.

We know Marvel loves to shoehorn as many characters into a singular property as possible...all their principal actors are signed to whopping, multi-picture deals...some screen time for Skull is an absolute possibility regardless of what filmmakers have confirmed or denied. That is why I think it is entirely plausible that a Skull mini could be included with this set.

It may not be significant in terms of size and no. of pieces but these are four sets that are being used to portray an element of plot,visual and narrative of potentially one of the top 3 grossing films of the year. Each set is important and I get the feel that the Loki set is the only one revealed in it's entirety because of the stills that have been released. This is a project that so far is currently 5 films released to lead up to this one film and I don't think it's a random generic Alien figure in the Captain America set, not sure why the Nick Fury/Sam Jackson fig is such a "secret" seeing as he has been mentioned already and Im not convinced that a Banner figure is coming. I think that will come later when they expand each characters individual universes from the comic perspectives in hopefully the many, many years this theme could potentially run for.

Perhaps Nick Fury is similar to Bruce Wayne. He was confirmed by Lego but we didn't see him till the final pictures.

Or perhaps the vehicle that Nick Fury is in is a spoiler. For example, what if Nick Fury fights alongside Cap using a Shield mech or something like that?

I'm guessing that the Marvel sets are close in size and price to the DC sets. If so, the Cap set will probably be similar in size to the Catwoman set, except maybe both minifigs have vehicles instead of just one. We'll find out soon, I'm sure.

Let's not argue about violence in movies. Lego will produce sets as they see fit.

Agreed, and that would of been my next point, if I didn't have other buisness to attend to.

YES! One good guy and one bad guy is exactly why I have been saying that Bucky probably won't be included (even if he is in the movie for whatever reason).

It supposedly has Cap and his motorcycle and a second vehicle and figure!

Piece count is unknown like the rest of the set details

I forgot that we knew even that little about the Captain America set. I guess Marvel is paranoid that the piece count will give away spoilers! :laugh:

Well, there have been small sets with three figures I can think of which I'd call signifigant. Can't think of any two figure ones of off the top of my head though.

Perhaps Nick Fury is similar to Bruce Wayne. He was confirmed by Lego but we didn't see him till the final pictures.

We haven't seen pictures yet though, so I think it's just a little early to be drawing parallels.

Or perhaps the vehicle that Nick Fury is in is a spoiler. For example, what if Nick Fury fights alongside Cap using a Shield mech or something like that?

I'm guessing that the Marvel sets are close in size and price to the DC sets. If so, the Cap set will probably be similar in size to the Catwoman set, except maybe both minifigs have vehicles instead of just one. We'll find out soon, I'm sure.

I still don't think it's Fury. I will probably be a villain as I have said many times before. But I guess we may find out in mid-February. I don't see how Fury fighting nothing alongside Captain America is really a spoiler. Now, if Captain America was fighting Nick Fury, that would be (but I don't see that happening, not that I would know).

I just noticed a pattern! Each of The Avengers sets cottons at least two exclusive figs! Maybe its part of the get all the sets to build the team thing!!!! But three of the sets are missing a fig!!

Here's my idea:

Cap: covillian of Loki( Im betting that's it and why Marvel doesn't want us to know the second villain yet!)

Hulk: Either Bruce Banner or Fury( this set contains Bruce's lab and the Hulk, why not include Banner?!)

Quinjet: nick or the supposed second villain

I'm the hulk scene depicts Loki making Bruce Hulk out and turn against Thor in order to help Loki escape!