Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Why would you quote the huge images as well? :hmpf:

Thanks for the pics, Clone gunner comander jedi, but you do need to resize them. Tutorial Here!

Exactly. Thanks for saving me the trouble of looking up the tutorial. :classic:

CGCJ: If you're unable to post pics within EB's size limit, you can always link to them. I've changed them to links for you.

Mr. Freeze *huh* ? I know we had this discussion already, but why not Riddler, Poison Ivy, or Lex Luthor? (Forgot Superman wasn't on there :grin:) Interesting background information though, especially Bane, Robin, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor because they had little to no information in LEGO Batman: The Videogame, so I had no idea which version LEGO used for their orgins. (Though it's pretty obvious the last two wouldn't of been mentioned.)

Edited by Superficial Username

What's so wrong with that?

Because then even if he changes them to smaller pics or I change his post, then I have to change your post. His post was right above yours. Quoting the pics just to say they were too big was unnecessary. Now let's move along. Nothing to see here.

Decided to voice what I've seen here in the UK about the Superheroes theme. Nothing! Seriously, been into 3 Sainsbury's, 2 Argos, 2 TESCO's, 1 Toys R Us & 1 Toymaster and nowhere has anything about them. No shelf space, no promotional material and, obviously, no sets. So the only place they seem to be available here in Blighty so far is S@H.

That being said, both the Batcave & Lex Luthor's Power Armour will be arriving at my house this weekend, unfortunately for my brother's birthday, not for me, but at least I'll be able to see a couple of the sets up close!

And thanks for the Lego Club scans CGCJ, very pleased they seem to have stuck to Bane's original origin & they have left the origin of Wonder Woman open enough for it to coincide with either the New 52 or the classic origin.

Will we be seeing the MARVEL(both avengers and comic) sets at the toy fair?

Decided to voice what I've seen here in the UK about the Superheroes theme. Nothing! Seriously, been into 3 Sainsbury's, 2 Argos, 2 TESCO's, 1 Toys R Us & 1 Toymaster and nowhere has anything about them. No shelf space, no promotional material and, obviously, no sets. So the only place they seem to be available here in Blighty so far is S@H.

Got an e-mail from Forbidden Planet this morning telling me my sets are ready to ship. I've already succumbed to S@H so doubles of Superman,Catwoman, Two face on the way :shrug_oh_well:

Did order the batcave from them so at least one new set in there, little embarassing though forgetting about an order I only made three weeks ago.

Back on point, the bricks n' mortar versions will likely be getting them in soon too. Can't see Argos etc being too far behind

With ref to the Nick Fury figure I think people are ignoring the best possible version they could do.........DAvid Hasselhoff!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness why would he be in the xmen range? It doesn't seem very likely as there are probably over a hundred characters that would be more likely to show.

Everyone read this its the official announcement of LEGO Batman 2

Like how in all the official artwork they have them posing and flexing in dynamic ways that the poor ol minifig just can't manage.

I know the minifig is sacred, but it would be nice to see an updated more posable one for the Super Heroes lines at least. Batman and spiderman scream for waist, knee, and elbow articulation, with maybe even balljoint hips and shoulders. Not Megablocks over sculpting, that defeats the purpose of them being lego, but sortof economy minimate style.

Edited by Rhapsodyred99

Awwwwww Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Seriously though, will this only have Batman, Robin & Superman as characters?

Thanks for posting that :classic:

I love that Green Lantern is included as well, it makes for more variety as well. Though I hoped for characters like Green Arrow as well, but alas.

Regards,

Mitch

Well, I seem to have missed quite a lot. :blush:

Now that the sets are actually out, none of them really interest me. The prices aren't great, and I just don't really care for them. :hmpf_bad:

The Fun-house is new to me, but that doesn't really do it for me either. Hopefully some future sets will impress me more...

Over on Brickset, there are reports of Super Heroes sets at TRU Watford in the UK today and on Amazon (UK), but you have to really search for them on Amazon to find them.

The first is my second favorite LEGO game (behind Years 5-7). If it had more characters, it would be my favorite. And the best part, more heroes. Even though I don't like Superman (Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are okay though), hopefully thise means Batman and Robin won't be the only two characters in every hero level.

Like how in all the official artwork they have them posing and flexing in dynamic ways that the poor ol minifig just can't manage.

I know the minifig is sacred, but it would be nice to see an updated more posable one for the Super Heroes lines at least. Batman and spiderman scream for waist, knee, and elbow articulation, with maybe even balljoint hips and shoulders. Not Megablocks over sculpting, that defeats the purpose of them being lego, but sortof economy minimate style.

No. Mostly because of them being sacred. They aren't action figures, more figurines.

But those are just my thoughts.

Awwwwww Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Seriously though, will this only have Batman, Robin & Superman as characters?

The release also mentions Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and The Joker.

I would also expect Batgirl, Nightwing, and Mr. Freeze, at least, because they could mimic some of the abilities mentioned (Batgirl-Batman's suits, Nightwing-Robin's Suits, Mr. Freeze-Superman's ice breath)

Although I know it is a Batman game, I am kinda disappointed that they aren't branching off into Metropolis despite all the cameo appearances of the other DC heroes.

-Omi

Over on Brickset, there are reports of Super Heroes sets at TRU Watford in the UK today and on Amazon (UK), but you have to really search for them on Amazon to find them.

Any links? :blush:

The release also mentions Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, and The Joker.

I would also expect Batgirl, Nightwing, and Mr. Freeze, at least, because they could mimic some of the abilities mentioned (Batgirl-Batman's suits, Nightwing-Robin's Suits, Mr. Freeze-Superman's ice breath)

Whoops, my mistake then. Sort of glossed over it on my phone while on the bus. If they have all those characters I imagine we will have a selection of other characters to play as in Free Play; such as alter-egos like Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana Prince, Hal Jordan, etc. And villains too, maybe Sinestro to mimic GL's powers?

And what you say about Batgirl, Nightwing & Mr. Freeze, if that happened it would give me hope for another Nightwing mini-fig to be released, without the ridiculously anime hairstyle.

Whoops, my mistake then. Sort of glossed over it on my phone while on the bus. If they have all those characters I imagine we will have a selection of other characters to play as in Free Play; such as alter-egos like Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana Prince, Hal Jordan, etc. And villains too, maybe Sinestro to mimic GL's powers?

And what you say about Batgirl, Nightwing & Mr. Freeze, if that happened it would give me hope for another Nightwing mini-fig to be released, without the ridiculously anime hairstyle.

There will probably be more characters anyway, I can't imagine them releasing a game with less than ten, since the high amouts of playable characters is one of the reason LEGO games are so popular.

I hope for alter egos too, mostly because LB:TVG only had Bruce Wayne (but the DS had Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Selina Kyle, Jonathon Crane, Harlene Quinzel, Harvey Dent, and Pamela Isley).

I'd love a new Nightwing with different hair (and I don't have one anyway), as well as Mr. Freeze with a new helmet and Batgirl :wub_drool: (I hope if she is in it the developers give her as much attention as they did to Tonks and Sirius Black in Years 5-7)

On another note, we should probably move the video game discussion here.

EDIT: LEGO.com Mini-site is up! And an updated version, not the "Guess Who" Teaser.

Edited by Superficial Username

Random question: is Bruce Wayne's face the same as Superman's, minus the chin and eye-wrinkle prints?

Annoyingly, yes. Yes it is. In fact I have to say that is my only real gripe with this series of sets so far, the fact that they couldn't be bothered creating an individual face for Bruce, or at least using the Batman faces without the white strip!

...or at least using the Batman faces without the white strip!

That is Superman's face with a white stripe and no wrinkles around the eyes and chin. I hate it too. :hmpf_bad: